Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Enemy appears and dissapears again in the foggy distance  (Read 1384 times)

Offline [SWISS]Angel

• View Profile
Enemy appears and dissapears again in the foggy distance
« on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:29:06 PM »
On [mAAp]Ice i noticed that there seems to be a certain distance after which the enemy disappears. That means: If the enemy is like 180m away i can see him, if i step back 1m he dissapears, even though the wooden crates around (and behind) him are still visible. I dont know if its due to level of detail reduction in greater distance combined with fog or something else. But this does never happen on mountain pass or bridge (large maps with fog) or on [AA3]Airfield (huge map without fog). Now i wonder if other players noticed this too, if it's a bug or if its my pc.

Any ideas?

Offline Ganja

Re: Enemy appears and dissapears again in the foggy distance
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:32:33 PM »
On [mAAp]Ice i noticed that there seems to be a certain distance after which the enemy disappears. That means: If the enemy is like 180m away i can see him, if i step back 1m he dissapears,

Happens on a lot on fog maps

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:34:23 PM »
Think its similar to when you are looking through ur iron sights, if you look straight ahead u cant see the enemy but when you turn your mouse to the left or right you can see further.

Offline Petrol

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:39:33 PM »
I had the same problem, when I'd played without fog, and i couldn't find property that was responsible for enemy display.

Offline [SWISS]Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:41:32 PM »
yeah, but not on all fog maps, that's why im wondering, otherwise it would be clear.

and no, not like tunrning the screen sideways so you see better through the fog, i mean you see him clearly there and 1 meter back he *plop* is away. to make things clear: i dont say someone cheated.

i only noticed it on ice as there the effect is really well visible
« Last Edit: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:43:47 PM by [SWISS]Angel »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:44:04 PM »
and no, not like tunrning the screen sideways so you see better through the fog, i mean you see him clearly there and 1 meter back he *plop* is away. to make things clear: i dont say someone cheated.

i only noticed it on ice because as there the effect is really well visible

It's strange you only notice this now, I've seen it on moutain pass, bridge crossing, farm etc.

Offline [SWISS]Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 15:49:32 PM »
i never noticed on mountain pass, not one single time, and it's one of my favorites :)
and i began playing ice last summer (to cool down :))
but i have to admit i saw it on ice before assist version 8

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager