Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Daily, weekly, monthly "top" lists, clan, players and so on  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Daily, weekly, monthly "top" lists, clan, players and so on
« on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
I think it would be cool to have some top lists that are say daily, weekly, monthly, and current sessions.

For example on the home page, and also in assist it would list the players / clans.

Say list the top people pulling solid sessions - what I like to call a triple double like in basketball haha ;) - Above 2 fr, over 35 kills per hour, and high score to roe ratio or something. ( this way someone camping and has 10 kills per hour but 14 fr doesnt get any glory ;) )

I think if we have more things like this it would be quite positive for the community. - As well as an ongoing ladder for clans to compete and have them list as well, 1v1,2v2,4v4 and what not.

Other various things listing the top 5 or 10.

Is there a way to list people who WIN rounds? Like win to lost rounds..thats 1 stat i dont think tracker lists

Maybe also list the top rage quitters and worst fr / kills per hour and so on haha

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
Re: Daily, weekly, monthly "top" lists, clan, players and so on
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:34:05 AM »
Would be more competitive if it was on aao25 homepage and with all stuff dav3 said.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »
Yeah that would be nice initiative, not sure how it could be done though.

About the ladders, things are moving slowly but certainly i think. this little fun tournament will bring back other players and so on, maybe more people will be interested when they see the noobs that are playing competition nowadays on the steamings :D

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:36:44 AM »
Yeah that would be nice initiative, not sure how it could be done though.

About the ladders, things are moving slowly but certainly i think. this little fun tournament will bring back other players and so on, maybe more people will be interested when they see the noobs that are playing competition nowadays on the steamings :D

Exactly.

I think more effort should be put into the community, and organizing ladders and what not like this - rather than playing with features, you all know my opinion on "updates" - but lets leave that talk out of this thread.

JonnyM

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:43:49 AM »
I do like the idea, it could also be show on the Assist sitrep screen.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »

Exactly.

I think more effort should be put into the community, and organizing ladders and what not like this - rather than playing with features, you all know my opinion on "updates" - but lets leave that talk out of this thread.

No i dunno yr opinion? what is it? hah joking. Im working on smt now with kari, and we will see how things will grow for the upcoming tournaments.

One thing I would like to share though. I joined the tournament, and created a team, by own initiative, with people I don't know, all from different countries. I hope other guys would do the same, because it's fun to do. I got like 4 players that asked to join my team, but why not create a new one?

And also, I think it would be nice if each team could only register 4 players. It would make more teams and more matches.

In this tournament, some teams have 11 members. Wtf why not split team and have more matches?

just one thing i thought was ridiculous :(

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:46:30 AM »
I do like the idea, it could also be show on the Assist sitrep screen.

Exactly in assist and the website.

May need to make assist window larger but eh if there is content to fill it.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:47:42 AM »
No i dunno yr opinion? what is it? hah joking. Im working on smt now with kari, and we will see how things will grow for the upcoming tournaments.

One thing I would like to share though. I joined the tournament, and created a team, by own initiative, with people I don't know, all from different countries. I hope other guys would do the same, because it's fun to do. I got like 4 players that asked to join my team, but why not create a new one?

And also, I think it would be nice if each team could only register 4 players. It would make more teams and more matches.

In this tournament, some teams have 11 members. Wtf why not split team and have more matches?

just one thing i thought was ridiculous :(

Eh getting those 4 people together at the needed time is hard. You always need spare players. Certain match times may not work for some people and what not. IRL issues, comp issues and so on.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
I know, you can have 5 or 6 max, but cmon 11 players ...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 19:17:33 PM »
I cobbled this together;
http://aao25.com/stats/top_player.php

The information output is in this order:
Player Name
Total (leader + goal points)
Honor
Goal Points
Leader Points
KIA
Enemy

Right now, it just grabs all the players currently in-game, grabs their scores and then sorts them all to pull the highest scoring Total. Not a great way to pull the data since if a new match starts, they're back to 0 points. To perform a real top list with multiple time lengths, it would basically mean building a tracker. If that ever happens, it should be easy. Right now though, this is what we got. Good enough to replace "Latest Member" in the stats bar?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 22:07:20 PM »
we can do team limit 7 players it is np,but you need more then 4 players.
and we can start more ladders  1vs1  2vs2  3vs3 it is np.
and respect ganja you have not so mutch time but you have create good team.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 03:33:03 AM »
we can do team limit 7 players it is np,but you need more then 4 players.
and we can start more ladders  1vs1  2vs2  3vs3 it is np.
and respect ganja you have not so mutch time but you have create good team.

Yup would be a good initiative to make teams maximum 6 or 7. Because otherwise teams will just pick one-map-whores for the chosen map, if you see what i mean.

Hope to have a rematch anyway one day soon :)

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 04:22:57 AM »
It may look like there is no progress with the ladder but we are working as hard as we can to get the ladder system going. Its showing good (edit: great) progress and it should be up and running within a week (edit: maybe less, we'll see).

Having the max number of players of 4 is not really good because you do need some extra players. Getting all 8 players available to play at same time is nearly impossible. I would say a team max 7-8 players.

We can do also other kind of fast cups. Like 1vs1 poolday. For us its now just few mouseclicks to create new tournaments, and most of players are already registered on the website so they just need to sign up in the cups. We can create whatever the community requests.

Btw signup for next cup season already started so free agents and teams can signup.

And yeah, respect to Ganja for putting a good team together in such a short time. More teams can be created this way.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 04:51:34 AM by KARI-30 »

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 06:19:26 AM »
jo kari ik hab ewentuel och noch jemanden der prog kann.und uns ewentuel hilft komm ma heut abend ts wen zeit hast bis d.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
Well this thread is going quite off topic....but to address a few points mentioned...

6 or 7 man limit is silly. You should be allowed at least 10 people on a 4v4 "team" - Think now, we are having NA and Euro teams. IF this continues you would ideally have eu line up to represent ur eu side, and a na team all within that one clan / team. - EVEN if not. You want at least 5 people online at the time of the match. 4 players, 1 standby at least. Granted the selected time wont work for absolutely everyone so limiting the team to only 5 or 6 is silly.

Heck my team has 7 and its still going to be hard getting 4 online at the same time that works for the other clan.
Different time zones, different jobs, real life commitments, computer / internet issues, you name it. A lot can get in the way.

IF however you had 5-7 people who were all unemployed, 0 family, 0 life, redundant internet connections then sure, that could work. - But seriously, get real. Silly ideas.

To address the website and ladder overall. Its an extremely silly process selecting map eliminating 1 at a time then blah blah. Wish the site was better laidout. I think this 1st season will be a toss out

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager