Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Community  (Read 25865 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Community
« Reply #105 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 21:00:47 PM »
Certain things sure will make more players leave and as well the Server owners, so be careful.
Less servers = More private bans, less place to play, less players.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #106 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 21:25:30 PM »
Not a bad idea, but the problem I see arising is how exactly will we know how long a server admin has banned a player for?

Yes, currently this information is not available at the auth server. But I believe that with moderate effort, it could be.

Anyway, I just wanted to touch on the idea, not the technical details.

so we'd have to trust server admins to follow the rules

YES, and this is the essence of the general scheme I was talking about. Remeber my mumbling about how linux kernel development is organised (BTW, Linus just got the IEEE Computer Pioneer Award)? Whatever you do, the server admins have to be in a trust-relationship with the assist admins.

In a huge community like in mainstream games, you don't need it. Server admins are free to abuse, as players have choice and can just go elsewhere. But in today's AA, it's different.

Certain things sure will make more players leave and as well the Server owners, so be careful.
Less servers = More private bans, less place to play, less players.

Of course, that's why admitted that good solution is not trivial.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 05, 2014, 21:27:26 PM by natoorrussia »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 01:14:36 AM »
As far as individual server rules, the majority of them could easily be implemented globally. The majority of the ones I've seen are don't be an ass, don't spam for the first 30 seconds and stuff like that. Those should be standard rules.

I'm just thinking here in terms of ease of implementation. Remove or empty banlist periodically on Assist and let server admins present a case against a player for a ban issued by Assist admins. It's a whole lot simpler than allowing access for server admins to ban for 2 weeks wherever they see fit. What happens after the 2 weeks is up? They could just ban again. Whereas if it's more of a public witchhunt and non-biased neutral Assist admins can accept/deny the case for a ban, it's a lot simpler. Might bring more people to this website as well.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline zoxee

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 02:55:56 AM »
so we'd have to trust server admins to follow the rules.

- Define a new set of policy rules for private server owners.

First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 03:28:03 AM »
As far as individual server rules, the majority of them could easily be implemented globally. The majority of the ones I've seen are don't be an ass, don't spam for the first 30 seconds and stuff like that. Those should be standard rules.

I'm just thinking here in terms of ease of implementation. Remove or empty banlist periodically on Assist and let server admins present a case against a player for a ban issued by Assist admins. It's a whole lot simpler than allowing access for server admins to ban for 2 weeks wherever they see fit. What happens after the 2 weeks is up? They could just ban again. Whereas if it's more of a public witchhunt and non-biased neutral Assist admins can accept/deny the case for a ban, it's a lot simpler. Might bring more people to this website as well.
Actually if you talk about spam, spamshots are not the problem imo, the problem is more with 203 in general, people walk with it pulled out for cheap kills.

I never had a problem with spam in any way, sure I might die once in .... times, but that's not as bad as people just walking with 203 out on hospi for an easy frag.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 04:01:37 AM »
Spam only affects one type of player. Rusher, Camper are only killed with spam once in a while. I never had a problem with ppl just walking with 203 out of any where :) Its different for different types of player.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 04:11:25 AM »
Spam only affects one type of player. Rusher, Camper are only killed with spam once in a while. I never had a problem with ppl just walking with 203 out of any where :) Its different for different types of player.
Dropshots are the way to go on longrange maps for campers, DP hill on mountain pass, east hilltop bridge SE etc. Shame they limited the 203's on these maps from 6 to 3

Offline Bart!

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 07:40:18 AM »
I actually dodge the spams by rushing fast enough over the right places, However when I rush to underpass with ar I always get blown up by somebody who is waiting with 203 out.

The campers are the one who are not influenced by this, yet dropshots might stop them.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
I think the community starts to understand other maps are cool aswell. We don't have to force anything for the moment, just let people play what they want, I see already a lot of players changing their habits, which makes me happy :)

Been very active these last 2 days , and I was able to play 13 different maps (in 2 days) according to my tracker, which is kinda nice. Plus with the "nightfights" people will learn to play other maps and will learn to enjoy them too.

I think we're on a good way

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:24:04 AM »
Dropshots are the way to go on longrange maps for campers, DP hill on mountain pass, east hilltop bridge SE etc. Shame they limited the 203's on these maps from 6 to 3

Defence Hill was actually easy to hit without dropshooting from almost every position, but bombing defence side of Central Peak with 5-6 nades while your team was rushing it was fun ;)
I'm pretty sure we had 7, not 6 nades btw. 

I actually dodge the spams by rushing fast enough over the right places,

Yeah, you did the same on early sandstorm ;)

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
Defence Hill was actually easy to hit without dropshooting from almost every position, but bombing defence side of Central Peak with 5-6 nades while your team was rushing it was fun ;)
I'm pretty sure we had 7, not 6 nades btw.  Yeah, you did the same on early sandstorm ;)

Yeah for sure, but being mp, you'd see the 203 coming if you just fired them normally towards them, giving them the chance to move away instead of getting it dropped on their head without them knowing. And yes, 7 it was :) (unless you had 255/6 and auto fired the 203 which was fucking awesome btw)

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 10:14:41 AM by Ares »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
At least I dropshot the RPG on the strykers at sf arctic.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 10:16:47 AM »
At least I dropshot the RPG on the strykers at sf arctic.
The RPG spam on Recon was legendary, got a double kill in the 6v6 SF ladder there once in Nordbat. My proudest moment in AA.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
I think the community starts to understand other maps are cool aswell. We don't have to force anything for the moment, just let people play what they want, I see already a lot of players changing their habits, which makes me happy :)

Been very active these last 2 days , and I was able to play 13 different maps (in 2 days) according to my tracker, which is kinda nice. Plus with the "nightfights" people will learn to play other maps and will learn to enjoy them too.

:up:

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 11:59:55 AM »

We see how long it last, and changes needed u want them or not.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager