Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Breakout Fixes  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Rapture

Breakout Fixes
« on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 00:12:48 AM »
I was asked if there could be any fixes for the map Breakout and to post my thoughts. Now im not going to go overboard but imma try to keep this straight to the point and fair for both teams. This is my honest opinion for the map.

1: Def spawn point
Currently the spawn points are ok, except 1 thing. theres usually 1 or 2 players who may be afk and since they are in certain spots, it makes it difficult and very annoying getting out of spawn cause they block the doors (again this is when they are idle) my suggestion is the 1 door that faces the hallway (the one with the big screen tv in it and the couches) needs a bigger door opening. That way we atleast have 1 definate way out if there is a player afk infront of the door. Maybe make it a double wide door frame. That would be perfect. ****NOTE: This also includes the doorway from hallway by restrooms that enters into TV Room

2: There are just too many nades. This could be fixed one of 2 ways.
1st: Limit each player to 2 nades each and add a flash for each player
2nd: Allow 1 Player in each squad to have 2 nades but up the other players flashes to 4 each (except the ones that have nades, they should have 2 flashes OR 1 flash and 1 Incend)
spanky's suggestion was 15 flashes, lmao he must love flashes :/

3: can we have maybe 1 or 2 spots on both teams that can have another choice of weapon? Maybe like SF with no 203 nades OR a AK Maybe even a shotgun (it is CQB after all)?

4: Now this isnt a map problem, but i think a general game play problem, can anything be done about prone glitch?

5: possibly add a dim light in the stairwell at top? maybe just brighten the lights in there just a tad.

Another suggestion, but not very important, on table in assault spawn and in def spawn (Tv room), can maybe a shotgun or 2 and a m9 or 2 be added on the table for players to pick up and use if they wish? If thats going a lil too far then disregard it :)

I can think of others when i have more time. but these are the things i think (in my opinion) would be great fixes. Especially the decrease in nades and the door being made wider.

We have begun to make this map very popular lately and i think these fixes will make it more enjoyable for eveyone

« Last Edit: Monday, July 08, 2013, 05:09:41 AM by Rapture817 »

Offline Alex

Re: Breakout Fixes
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 00:33:35 AM »
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but shotguns don't actually exist in AA2. You need a mod to get them in the game and even then they're just a reskinned MOS. And yeah, you know what happened to mods.

The doorways do need to be bigger. Also, the hallway in the basement needs to be able to fit 2 players.

I agree that the nades should be limited and we could easily change a couple of the weapons lots, but probably not SF. Maybe a couple of AR or R slots.

Lighting can also be fixed.

Nothing can be done about the prone glitch. (assuming you mean shooting while going prone)

Hopefully Spanky or Blue (haven't seen him in a while) will do this as I no longer have the map editor.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 04:35:53 AM »
hey shotguns was worth a shot. lol. but atleast m9's are possible :)

also I really don't care for sf too much, it was just requested in game thru a few people. but yeah spanky should add something that he can actually shoot ;)
« Last Edit: Monday, July 08, 2013, 04:38:33 AM by Rapture817 »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 04:36:48 AM »
Nades, doorways, lighting and pistol pickups are all very easy and will be done.

I've already fixed the outdoor weapon sounds and removed fog (not sure who put it there in the first place). I also want to fix the meeting room projection screen.

I'll get on it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »
just nerf nades and leave m4, ar's would be rape imo :)
1 nade for the team leader and other to the second squad leader,
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Rapture

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
yeah if u add a ar I will be unstoppable, and I know u guys wouldn't want that. smh
but I so think a few m16's would be nice to have

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 08, 2013, 13:20:35 PM »
It's great to read of some feedback about mAAp missions :) to me, on this map the m4 is only useful with iron sights (which i don't really like on the M4) or with the M68 aimpoint (which i love). But in the end it's a small map so i'd rather skip a bit on the heavy weaponry and play it with a few tools like smoke and flash grenades (for Spanks to enjoy).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager