Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army: Proving Grounds  (Read 9484 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
America's Army: Proving Grounds
« on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 16:04:08 PM »
link for proving grounds nevertalk

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203290

Offline Bart!

Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 16:06:32 PM »
I like the game a lot, it's fun to play in competition, and for public its fun if revives are off in my opinion.

However its not like AA2 where you can just play the same map hours and hours and still enjoy it, but it's fun to play once in  a while

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 16:33:37 PM »
I like the game a lot, it's fun to play in competition, and for public its fun if revives are off in my opinion.

However its not like AA2 where you can just play the same map hours and hours and still enjoy it, but it's fun to play once in  a while

its a great game nothing like aa2, but a great get away from aa2 once inawhile, wont see no fr noobs playn in it atleast, people play to have fun

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 17:25:05 PM »
I played it a little around when it first came out. I liked the fact that you had to play both sides and weren't stuck on one map.

However, since I have a laptop that's 4 and a half years old, It couldn't really handle it too good.
But I do understand that this isn't really a problem. I mean who the hell plays on computers that old anyway? lol
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 19:35:12 PM »

Pretty much how i feel about it, i tend to play it weeks at a time and then just stop completely because I'm bored.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 13:51:06 PM »
Used to play it quite often, with the latest update the default map list is kinda annoying and the default round set is now made of 15 rounds, not ideal (can get boring easily). The new C4 mode (demolition mode) is plain fun :) .

Btw the mission editor is coming out on March 27th http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12164

Looks like they will provide a "basic" interface mode and an "advanced" one (the UDK like, classic and complete editor interface). Also looks like they're remaking some maps like Mount McKenna.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 17, 2014, 13:53:38 PM by Koden »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 14:15:08 PM »
Played and don't like it, I have lots of lag playing that game. Also getting punkbuster kick every time i shoot somebody:/ No updates help, so aao2.5 for life i guess:)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 16:56:27 PM »
Played and don't like it, I have lots of lag playing that game. Also getting punkbuster kick every time i shoot somebody:/ No updates help, so aao2.5 for life i guess:)

Time to update that rusty machine of yours, ill sell u sone good parts at a good price

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 19:51:46 PM »
Hehe, no need, dislike the graphics for proving grounds any way, they rushed this one once again working with the new engine.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 20:22:04 PM »
Hehe, no need, dislike the graphics for proving grounds any way, they rushed this one once again working with the new engine.

New engine? It's using UE3, just like AA3 did.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 21:10:42 PM »

there graphics are awesome, we'll least i think it is

Offline langy

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 03:23:34 AM »
Has Potential, just needs to work of AA2 a little bit more and bring in Less noise with footsteps and add Doors :)

Offline Bart!

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 06:46:02 AM »
the footstep sounds are actually rediculously low. At least you can hear them well but they just disappear from a rather close distance. No fading out at all.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 07:24:57 AM »
i dont like pg at all. to fast for me, strange movements like aa3, to many things to watch for. maybe not my comp is too old - maybe it's me :)

Offline Bart!

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »
It's not really faster, but it seems faster as for some reason the soldiers look smaller and the areas look bigger, but the distances are the same as in AA2.

And it is rediculously easy to headshot people at this point.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager