Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army flashes  (Read 15529 times)

Offline Gaav

• View Profile
Re: America's Army flashes
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
Why is everyone comparing to the 2.8.5 version?

What most people intend is a decrease of the duration of the flash , not limiting the effects..
Flashes should be as powerful , yet the duration of a black screen can easily been shortened for 7-8 seconds.

25 seconds being flashed is way too long.

Yours,

Gaav

Offline Alex

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 14:13:02 PM »
Why is everyone comparing to the 2.8.5 version?
Because a lot of users came from 2.8.5 after auth was shut down and they want what they are used to. Nothing wrong with that, they just have to understand that it's a different version and they're not going to get all the changes to make it like 2.8.5.

Offline Gaav

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 15:30:12 PM »
Ye its a diff version thats why i was wondering why everyone was comparing cause u shouldn't.

Anyone , still off-topic. What about a decrease in length of the flash?

Yours,

Gavin

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 16:25:47 PM »
Ye its a diff version thats why i was wondering why everyone was comparing cause u shouldn't.
Heh, this makes comparing anything quite useless.

The difference between 2.5 and 2.8.5 isn't that big in my opinion, that you couldn't or shouldn't compare them. If we have a chance to make the game as we want or at least give some ideas to it in certain limits why shouldn't we compare the good and the bad things and develop.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Jared

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 16:48:42 PM »
i can't believe this thread is still going, the flashes are fine.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 16:50:56 PM »
I would like to change them a bit, make the sound louder and have them make your screen white to eye-rape night-time players.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 18:24:25 PM »
I feel rather inclined to judge upon said player's position awareness --as in, a player should be aware of his surroundings and be cautious as to avoid being flashed to begin with; unless he is put in a situation in which being flashed is a given. At this point, nothing that we'd change in the game would prove a different outcome.

I do, however, believe flashes would be more realistic if they turned your screen white as opposed to black. A fade from white is not only closer to reality as it affects visibility further. I'm sure that can be easily changed in the code. Up to the community consensus, though.

Oh, nevermind. It's just Jared being...Jared : )

Older versions before 2.0 DID have white flashes, most or all 1.x series had White flashes. The reason it was changed to Black is because if you didnt play full screen, the white flashes wouldnt blind you. Making them kinda useless against the players who exploited this.

But Me personally? I have never been flashed or know much about flashbangs in general. I do, however, know that flash bangs were tuned down ALOT by the time 2.8.5 came around .
They dont work very well Outside and the effects are alot shorter in 2.8.5.

Its a shame theres no coders that would want to fix this thou, could do so much, like actually update the game itself and keep movin the 2.x series forward.

Edit: sorry didnt see Go_Cat75 already made this point. Guess ill i should do forum things sober once in awhile.

« Last Edit: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 18:29:04 PM by soupcakes »
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 02:18:22 AM »
Its good, didn't know about the white flashes.

For the others since at least 90% of the players play or did play V2.8.5 and yes will we compare it as we have seen all the changes before some good some bad.  So we already have a very good knowledge of this. 

Don't dismiss it and make changes because the minority that have stuck at V2.5 have more of a voice here because they have been here longer in V2.5 over the last few years.

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »
sup gaav why complaining so much about the flashes? makes it more tactical and CT unplayable ofc.

Jonnym

« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 05:57:24 AM »
I gotta be honest, I have absolutley ZERO interest in doing anything about this.
But if someone else does i'm happy to build it into the next update.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 06:21:52 AM »
Please someone do it:)it would be a great update for us ppl:) Some new changes in flashes, like color and some time reduced when flashed to 20 sec? would be great for new update someone plz be interested in recoding it:P

Thanks

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 08:11:36 AM »
---Some new changes in flashes, like color---
And what would the color be? Hmm, red?
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #42 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
white, make a poll how many ppl would say yes or no to white flash screen:)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #43 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
I see a lot of up-your-arse attitude here!

Fellows, it has been your choice to downgrade to 2.5. We, 2.5 players and community, seem to appreciate it and would very much like to have you around for a great while, but we're no slaves to your unfaithful requests. mAAp Staff has absolutely no obligation (although they do seem to have the will!) to change the game at all --and yet they've been trying to make this game and its version the most pleasant for everybody.

Chill. Stop moaning about the changes you want to see made. They're not the AA devs nor are they being paid. Rushing things won't do no one no good. Do keep on suggesting improvements and discussing the game physics but please, do bare in mind how such discussions are being handled.

I would like to ask that you do not take this offensively, too, if you may.

Now shuu.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 10, 2012, 13:59:20 PM by MIKAWE »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #44 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »
Just an idea, hope to keep the topic open for ideas etc, but i m not doing anything just ideas:)just a member

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager