Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development  (Read 301842 times)

Offline KAEPS133

Re: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 10:06:11 AM »
New Army Ops Homepage is onnline with the first chance to get a Alpha Key!

http://army-operations.com/

The Key can be "bought" for free from the embedded Humble Hundle Widget. It's limited to 100 Keys and you have an option to donate any amount you like for the Development.

Attention! This key is only for this and upcoming Playtests, not the final game! Donate only if you want to support the development!

Preload is also available but you won't be able to start the game until friday!

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #121 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 07:04:00 AM »
The Army Ops alpha is live!

steam Keys are available in this Giveaway: https://www.indiedb.com/giveaways/army-ops-pre-alpha-playtest

and here are also some:
E05RX-6GXEV-2FQ87
D859Q-H77I2-GQFNB
IY8NF-ZVTPG-INR7G
Q7452-64597-85G9A
XZI6G-C24TE-2R9IF
T97MH-BD0MP-NRDZ6
FVH42-IIXKG-L39N7
WVGFC-ICQTI-PH4IL

Offline zibi

« Reply #122 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 09:02:01 AM »
how to set graphic everything on low ?

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #123 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 09:30:59 AM »
how to set graphic everything on low ?

There is a ingame Settings menu with a Video tab, you can set them to low everywhere but it wont save. So after restarting the game you need to apply them again.

A propper Options menu will be added in the near future.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #124 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 09:42:13 AM »
I joined but couldn't spawn, was alone in the server.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #125 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 11:27:21 AM »
Do you have a gameplay footage that you can share? What is your ETA for release?
Installing as we speak thanks to one of the keys you posted. Much appreciated.

As a FYI, the first 3 keys from the bottom have been taken
« Last Edit: Friday, May 01, 2020, 11:30:48 AM by august »

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 11:50:50 AM »
The Army Ops alpha is live!

steam Keys are available in this Giveaway: https://www.indiedb.com/giveaways/army-ops-pre-alpha-playtest

and here are also some:
E05RX-6GXEV-2FQ87
D859Q-H77I2-GQFNB
IY8NF-ZVTPG-INR7G
Q7452-64597-85G9A
XZI6G-C24TE-2R9IF
T97MH-BD0MP-NRDZ6
FVH42-IIXKG-L39N7
WVGFC-ICQTI-PH4IL

Thank you for the free keys. Just had a small test on Insurgent Camp. It is a very basic alpha obviously, but so far, I do like what I have seen. The map has seen some improvements especially in the basement. Otherwise havent been able to do much else.

A few questions:

1. When are you going to add the possibility to change controls? my keyboard is french and cant use the wasd controls.
2. Do you have a roadmap and some type of eta for a fuller version?
3. Are you working on this by yourself or do you have a whole development team?

Looking forward to what the future holds for this

Offline SwiZZ

• View Profile
  • AA: SwiZZ.
« Reply #127 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 20:04:15 PM »
Having tried the alpha, I regret to report that the game is unfortunately in a state that is nowhere near playable, and nothing like the original AA2 gameplay-wise. It looks like KAEPS previous game he made in 2016/2017 except that he added recoil. The recoil is not well done. The only thing that resembles AA2 even remotely is the layout of Insurgent Camp. Sorry to report on bad news, but I am disappointed and for a few of us, hopes were high.

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, May 02, 2020, 04:54:12 AM »
Thank you for the free keys. Just had a small test on Insurgent Camp. It is a very basic alpha obviously, but so far, I do like what I have seen. The map has seen some improvements especially in the basement. Otherwise havent been able to do much else.

A few questions:

1. When are you going to add the possibility to change controls? my keyboard is french and cant use the wasd controls.
2. Do you have a roadmap and some type of eta for a fuller version?
3. Are you working on this by yourself or do you have a whole development team?

Looking forward to what the future holds for this

1) Soon. A settings menu was not the priority in this stage of development.
2) Will be released soon after the Alpha tes ended on Monday.
3) I'm workoing alone on this. I have development teams but they are working on other projects. Army Ops is a passion project I mainly fund out of my own pocket.

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, May 02, 2020, 04:55:38 AM »
Having tried the alpha, I regret to report that the game is unfortunately in a state that is nowhere near playable, and nothing like the original AA2 gameplay-wise. It looks like KAEPS previous game he made in 2016/2017 except that he added recoil. The recoil is not well done. The only thing that resembles AA2 even remotely is the layout of Insurgent Camp. Sorry to report on bad news, but I am disappointed and for a few of us, hopes were high.

I quote this from Discord, if you had high expectations for a pre-ALPHA and expected a final game, then it's out of my hands.

Thank you for your feedback. But as Fandango said this was not the purpose of the test. It's all about how the account server scales with multiple players online.

Everything you mentioned can be changed by a few variables. The entire weapon balance was done in one day to have a starting point to discuss on at a later point.

Tons of features aren't even implemented, like a prone state. Prone sounds so easy, yet it's extremely complicated to implement. And remember I'm a single person working on this game. So progress won't be as fast as on a 50 person team.

But also as I stated from the very beginning it won't be a 100% copy of AA2. This won't be possible due to copyright and the simple fact the game uses a different engine, physics system and more.

The Sprint feature is intentional as it is part of a fully detailed stamina system which will later not only have impact on sprint. Weapons aim stability, movement (strafe) speed will be tied to it.

You need to realize that not everything can be 100% identical. If it would be the case we could all stick to AA2. This is supposed to be a new game with the spirit of AA2 but also with its own and unique features. We are at the very beginning and a very early pitch to the players by me. A base we are all together are working on.

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, May 03, 2020, 12:20:44 PM »
1) Soon. A settings menu was not the priority in this stage of development.
2) Will be released soon after the Alpha tes ended on Monday.
3) I'm workoing alone on this. I have development teams but they are working on other projects. Army Ops is a passion project I mainly fund out of my own pocket.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to seeing the roadmap and seeing what the next updates bring

Offline RedBeard

• View Profile
  • AA: pierro
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, June 04, 2020, 10:16:58 AM »
I have to say this gamelooks promising, shame there are no players online... Gonna try it in a bit

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #132 on: Thursday, June 04, 2020, 13:07:39 PM »
I have to say this gamelooks promising, shame there are no players online... Gonna try it in a bit

Thanks! Once the game has been actually released there will be players. Or you need to wait for the next test phase.

Working on it very hard!

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #133 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 14:08:56 PM »
Army Ops is getting it's first Map Trailer - Operation Ruins!

Premiere tomorrow 3:00pm CET2
Youtube:

We are slowly preparing for Early Access release! Hooah!

Offline rk

• View Profile
  • AA: rk
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2020, 09:44:14 AM »
Why don't make a mod for Insurgency Sandstorm?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager