Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: cool set up  (Read 1147 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
cool set up
« on: Friday, December 06, 2013, 23:30:12 PM »
how would yous like to have this set up

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: cool set up
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 06, 2013, 23:44:17 PM »
Been there;

It's really cool at first. Super immersive too. Some problems come in though (at least in my opinion); the first is that you are pushing 3x the pixels so you need to have a really beefy graphics card setup. Second is that it takes some work to setup the 3 monitors to compensate for the bezel (the guy in the screenshot obviously didn't. When it's properly setup, things appear to be "behind" the bezel. Here's a video I made with everything meticulously setup:

Third problem for me was the lack of a stats screen for chat, temperatures and other goodies to glance at while playing. The image above, I solved that with a 4th monitor but that kind of gets ridiculous. Fourth problem is the aspect ratio. If I had the money to do it again properly, I would get 3x 1920x1200 screens and rotate them to be in portrait mode. This will provide the correct aspect ratio for most games and remove the severe stretching you get in ultra-wide-screen setups.

5th and final problem; bezels. These days, you'd be better off with a 2K or 4K 27"+ setup. It would be just as immersive and you wouldn't be pushing as many pixels and you'd have the correct aspect ratio plus... NO BEZELS!

That's just my 2 cents.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Mixk

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 00:12:23 AM »
I would hate it, especially for shooting games. I would be physically  trying to dive for cover when shot at.  :P :P On another note it would be cool as heck to try it out.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 00:17:58 AM »
I love F1 2012/13 from codemaster fucking love it, but i would rather have one of these.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.2,cos_1.2.4/140490

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager