Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: aao25 API request  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Surprisept11

aao25 API request
« on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 15:48:31 PM »
Hi guys,

Do you have any public API to provide player stats? Or just the stats of server currently online and the player stats on that server?

Offline Alex

Re: aao25 API request
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 02:43:02 AM »
AA025 has no API as we do not track stats at all. battletracker.com has been the primary stat tracker for AA2 for a long while. About 2 years ago battletracker told us they were shutting down (still hasn't  happened) so we moved all auth to our own services so no more stats are accumulated for AAO25 currently.
The potential to track stats ourselves is there, but I'm not going to lie, the player base is so small it really doesn't even matter. The game is damn near 16 years old. The people that are still playing the game are doing so for the nostalgia, not stats and tracking.

Offline Surprisept11

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 19, 2019, 05:55:45 AM »
You are right on that :) I just post this topic about the API because I saw something related to this on the forum and I was curious about it.

About the battletracker.com I know the page and the oldest one aaotracker.com but far I am a concern, the page does not request the player stats from REST API.. probably is done by soapui or another way. I was trying to get the API to create a simple tracker for fun.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 20, 2019, 00:47:18 AM »
You are right on that :) I just post this topic about the API because I saw something related to this on the forum and I was curious about it.

About the battletracker.com I know the page and the oldest one aaotracker.com but far I am a concern, the page does not request the player stats from REST API.. probably is done by soapui or another way. I was trying to get the API to create a simple tracker for fun.

Battletracker doesn't use an API. It relies on people registering their servers on its site to be able to track stats. So they can just monitor servers to add stats to players. If there was an API it would be super easy for us to track stats.
AAO25 tracking stats is not impossible, it's just not worth the effort in my opinion.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager