Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO25 serverping  (Read 757 times)

Offline True-Grit

AAO25 serverping
« on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »
I have a couple of questions.
1.  Does the ping accessing the aao assist server have anything to do with game ping on a game  server? I notice at times when aao is starting the ping will be really high like sometimes in the 2 / 4 or 6 K ms  range and if  I refresh it several times it will usually come down to about  120 or so. Just wanting to know.

2. I noticed at times several players doing this thing what used to be called dolphin diving. It seems as if it is a glitch.
When a player will go prone instantly it appears that they cannot be killed. Is this all in my head or what?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: AAO25 serverping
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 14:36:34 PM »
1. I'm pretty sure Assist pings are not 100% accurate, but I'm unaware of the reason. They usually show roughly the correct ping for me tho (+ or - 20 every now and  then).

2. I'm pretty sure they can be killed when they go to prone instantly. The question is where to shoot. The "hitbox" might not be where you see the body to be. The same thing is with the bug where you see the enemy as standing/crouching, but they're actually crawling and shooting their body does nothing. Only in this case, I really don't know where the "hitbox" is, but I'm pretty sure it should still exist.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager