Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ubuntu 9.10 rapes Win XP  (Read 5163 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ubuntu 9.10 rapes Win XP
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 06, 2009, 15:58:25 PM »
You can't tell me that Ubuntu doesn't do this as well.

Yes I can, Try for yourself if you don't believe. The architecture is very different, I know I've coded software for it, You cannot put files in system folders, or alter system settings, When you write software for it you are isolated to your softwares home folder unless you get super user rights from the user.
It is a far Superior system, However it is dam near useless as you can't get any software or games for it  :'(

Thats one of the few reasons that Linux gets few malacious activity. Cuz you need to become root to do anything that has to do with the system. So a hacker has to go thru the user password, and then the root password all in addition to password encyption. I still dunno where linux stores the passwords, I can tell you that for Windows though =D

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ubuntu 9.10 rapes Win XP
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 07, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »
Can i add that it depends also in the care you give to your pc, as my pc is my work i find that having her in the best of conditions helps me being productive so...

1.-I use, cclean to fix registry, clean temp files, disabiling auto start programs.
2.-After i remove a game/program and such i tend to delet remaining foldes, check for temp uninstall files also delte them
3.-Keeping your antivirus up to date is also a good thing for keeping virus out that migth harm your system (i personally use Kaspersky) and i got like 3-4 licences for spare.
4.-opening and vaccuing dust and lubricating fans (lube...)

Mister!
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager