Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: E3 2012: What are you excited for?  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Alex

Re: E3 2012: What are you excited for?
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 08, 2012, 22:54:57 PM »
Skyrim was a buggy, glitchy piece of shit with a terrible story line.
If you bought Skyrim for the story you're doing it wrong.

Offline Alex

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:29:23 AM »
Yea, I tend to lean towards more realistic games. Not realism simulators but games that have at least 1 foot in this world. That typically is FPS and racing games. Half Life is about as far as I go into unrealism.
You're missing a ton of good games then.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:32:34 AM »
You're missing a ton of good games then.
Being trained in how a fairy world works and learning what kind of potions and wizard spells you have to use, that kills it for me. I find RPG gameplay boring. Fallout 3 and STALKER were games that I tried but ultimately uninstalled because I never had fun in them.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:38:30 AM »
Being trained in how a fairy world works and learning what kind of potions and wizard spells you have to use, that kills it for me. I find RPG gameplay boring. Fallout 3 and STALKER were games that I tried but ultimately uninstalled because I never had fun in them.
STALKER isn't an RPG though. It's not even close. The only RPGish thing about it is you have an inventory.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:42:03 AM »
In* some rpgs u have to learn the Orc language lol
STALKER is a great game, a mix of realism/futurism, I don't try it much bacause it take ages to load a level, isn't 100% fault of my old pc, the game engine acts like a resource whore :o
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:46:52 AM »
In* some rpgs u have to learn the Orc language lol
STALKER is a great game, a mix of realism/futurism, I don't try it much bacause it take ages to load a level, isn't 100% fault of my old pc, the game engine acts like a resource whore :o
Which STALKER do you have? Clear Sky is a resource whore. It's poorly optimized. It also happens to be the worst STALKER game (still great though) Shadow of Chernobyl is fine and Call of Pripyat runs exceptionally well.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:52:44 AM »
Which STALKER do you have? Clear Sky is a resource whore. It's poorly optimized. It also happens to be the worst STALKER game (still great though) Shadow of Chernobyl is fine and Call of Pripyat runs exceptionally well.
Clear Sky, sun rays(aka God Rays :P) & shadows are the main reason for slow downs on C.S.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 00:53:11 AM »
Clear Sky, sun rays(aka God Rays :P) & shadows are the main reason for slow downs on C.S.
I also think Clear Sky looks the best out of the 3 games.

Offline Alex

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 02:10:25 AM »
What was I supposed to buy a singleplayer RPG for then...
The gameplay. You know, the main reason people play games. The vast environment. The exploration. It's not their fault you went in with the wrong expectations.

Offline Alex

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »
I would argue that gameplay includes all aspects of the game, just because a game is in a genre doesnt mean that it cant have a great story. A decent story line makes me feel immersed in the universe. Fallout 3 had great gameplay, great exploration and an awesome story line. I was supposed to be DOVAHKIN but I just felt like a guy running around yelling at dragons. Lots of things in that game broke the immersion for me. I just slayed a dragon and I am being arrested for accidentally hitting someone in the battle? No thanks.
The combat in Skyrim is pretty mediocre, and at some time, simply bad. The fun I got out of it was exploring the world and doing the Guild quests like the Theives Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. It's fun sneaking into places, especially bandit camps.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »
Skrewy can't handle many skyrimjobs these days.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 03:03:24 AM »
At first I laughed but the more I thought about it, it just confused me.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »
Skyrim has many weak points, yet you can choose among thousands of mods to modify the entire game to suit your needs. Sure the combat model is many years old (it doesn't feel really different from Oblivion's one) and the story is quite poor.

p.s. just noticed Spanky modified his sig.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager