Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Improvement on the chart !  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Marcio

Improvement on the chart !
« on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11:29:51 AM »
Good afternoon!

Clan and I..Ba ^ La.. We hope for change Yes ... because I'm sure that even being secondary maps will bring some players and new pro game ... If you can't make big changes would be nice to improve the image to hd as type has a paipeline you have a good day graphic ... so just to improve the graphics already helps a lot ... because I saw the urban and other maps of the AA2 in Proving AA4 with a chart image show ... I think this help and very ... well it's just a suggestion ... more graphic improvement will be very welcome always.

Offline Ganja

Re: Improvement on the chart !
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11:31:26 AM »
AA runs on an old engine, there's nothing that can be done about the graphics I believe

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
Nothing much can be done if you talking about improving graphics since the engine is used a bit out of date ^^

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
Another great idea from Brasil

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:01:13 PM »
As has been said, AA runs on an old engine, so improving graphics is very difficult.

Obviously, as you can see from AA3 Pipeline, better graphics are possible, however since the engine has limitations, it comes with huge performance issues and neccessity for optimization, which in the end still won't properly get rid of the performance issues. This engine just wasn't build at a time that computers could render such "beautiful" stuff as you see on newer games and therefore it was made as an easy engine that doesn't have those capabilities.

Spanky could probably make all the maps look as pretty as his Pipeline or even prettier, but because of the limitations of the engine, even high end machines won't run be able to run it properly.

A second point might be (although it's probably not such a huge problem nowadays), that the reason some people play AA is because this is what their computer can run and it can't run all the new game releases.

All in all, a good suggestion, but I don't think we can promise much.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:09:18 PM »
Nothing much can be done if you talking about improving graphics since the engine is used a bit out of date ^^
That's an understatement.
It would be possible to update all the maps with HD textures and better meshes (if we found someone to make them for us) but the game would be unplayable due to engine limitations. The engine has enough trouble as it is with Petrol and that's all stuff that came with AA 2.5. The fact is that the engine is too old to be able to handle better graphics. In a modern world of quad and hexa core CPUs, the version of UE2 that AA2.5 runs on uses only one CPU core, that's how old it is.
Look at Shantytown. I can't even play it with an i7 4770K and Radeon HD 7950 without dipping into the 20's for FPS.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 14:21:20 PM »
Optimization, optimization, optimization.

Look at my beautiful, wonderful Pipeline, LOOK AT IT! Sure, it's not a high FPS map but a lot was done to improve the graphics without sacrificing too much.

I wouldn't want to touch Hospital, I think it's a well designed map and there's not much to be improved upon. I would like to see the older AA1 maps be updated. This would be Bridge, Weapons Cache and others. They are old and can easily benefit from some graphical updates. Keep the layout, just make them prettier.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 14:52:02 PM »
Optimization, optimization, optimization.

Look at my beautiful, wonderful Pipeline, LOOK AT IT! Sure, it's not a high FPS map but a lot was done to improve the graphics without sacrificing too much.

I wouldn't want to touch Hospital, I think it's a well designed map and there's not much to be improved upon. I would like to see the older AA1 maps be updated. This would be Bridge, Weapons Cache and others. They are old and can easily benefit from some graphical updates. Keep the layout, just make them prettier.
If you have the time, I would say you can definitely do that. But anything added might change the layout a little. For example, add a bush and people will camp behind it. Add a dumpster, people will camp behind it (pretty much anything  you add, people will try to camp behind :D ).
So you'd have to be careful :)

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:21:28 PM »
Then the question is, edit the original map or create a mAAp Bridge/WC/whatever?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:23:09 PM »
Then the question is, edit the original map or create a mAAp Bridge/WC/whatever?

AA3 Bridge is basically a more pretty version of Bridge Crossing.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:27:37 PM »
I bet I'll be hated on this, but I'll say it anyway.

One possibility would be to make a new and improved one and have people... wait for it.... vote for which they want to stay.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:44:32 PM »
I agree with Eliz, AA3 bridge is much better and nicer for me, sadly no one plays it, my favourite map to be honest from AA3 maps.

What about a rail on the catwalks? Could it be done to prevent from falling down? Can't play that map, got loads of lag spikes, 1 sec on catwalk, next falling down, just an idea.

Add your BF3 objective on bridge, sorted, should be tested in public for 1 week and then vote again :)

Guys, whatever you want to do in original maps, add the feature, wait some time and do voting, people will decide.

B.t.w I don't think people will play new bridge map, if it's not the original, we already see the result about these AA3, maap maps

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 16:30:12 PM »
AA3 Bridge is basically a more pretty version of Bridge Crossing.

While that's true, the gameplay is significantly different. Granted, the gameplay is different in my mAAp Pipeline but we don't have to take it that far. Keep the core idea the same, just update graphics and maybe move objects around to freshen things up.

Offline M@dness

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 03:35:24 AM »
Another great idea from Brasil
  lol T to funny such  sarcasm  :P
----Tempus fugit mors venit----

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager