Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Reduce or remove the sound effects on AA3 Bridge  (Read 4115 times)

Offline The Mentalist

Reduce or remove the sound effects on AA3 Bridge
« on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »
I've tried more then once for players to try AA3 bridge, and when I do, none of them want to stay because of the ennoying noises. I don't know if the noises are identical to AA3, but eaven if they are, they ennoy players.

At the moment, nobody wants to play this map, and I kind of want to know how it plays. But as long as it so ennoying, you might aswell remove the map from the game because nobody will play it.

Offline Ganja

Re: Reduce or remove the sound effects on AA3 Bridge
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 08:33:19 AM »
I've tried more then once for players to try AA3 bridge, and when I do, none of them want to stay because of the ennoying noises. I don't know if the noises are identical to AA3, but eaven if they are, they ennoy players.

At the moment, nobody wants to play this map, and I kind of want to know how it plays. But as long as it so ennoying, you might aswell remove the map from the game because nobody will play it.

It actually makes the map more realistic IMO. You can always lower the volume right? I don't think sound is as usefull on bridge as it is on any other map, since you know where the enemy comes from.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 08:40:59 AM »
It actually makes the map more realistic IMO. You can always lower the volume right? I don't think sound is as usefull on bridge as it is on any other map, since you know where the enemy comes from.

So the realistic gameplay is that i'm the only soldier who survived the war? Because nodoby plays it...

And why should players lower the volume for one map? Then I have to tearn up teamspeak volume, etc...
This map, and shipment, really stand out when it comes to in-game volume.
And while I get the point on shipment, I don't get it on AA3 bridge.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
So the realistic gameplay is that i'm the only soldier who survived the war? Because nodoby plays it...
And why should players lower the volume for one map? Then I have to tearn up teamspeak volume, etc...

Imagine you're there for real, during the war, there's a lot  of noise from guns and cannons and whatnot, it's normal. You just have to speak louder on teamspeak like you would do it if you were really there.

Honestly I'm not completely certain that's the reason people don't play that map.

Offline hastalavista

• View Profile
  • AA: HasTa
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »
Imagine you're there for real, during the war, there's a lot  of noise from guns and cannons and whatnot, it's normal. You just have to speak louder on teamspeak like you would do it if you were really there.

Honestly I'm not completely certain that's the reason people don't play that map.

LOL, kiddies playing some old game compare themselves to a real soldier.

You know a shit about a real war, kid.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 09:58:55 AM »
"Why is there so much noise on [AA3]Bridge?"
"IMO because it's more realistic."

Where did I compare myself to a real soldier? I know about war that it's noisy, yes.

Hope you're happy, I fed you

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 11:46:23 AM »

Well, I was able to get a vote passed 2 times, both times people started new mapvote and sad "to ennoying" and stuff like that on chat. Same on teamspeak... So yeah, I'm pretty sure why people don't play it.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 19:58:30 PM »
Whining sound tweakers. That's all the problem is. The sounds are nothing if you compare them to gunfire which is fucking loud if you've ever shot a gun. It's only annoying because they can't sound camp.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 03, 2015, 20:00:05 PM »
The sounds on a couple of the AA3 maps has already been lowered once.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 15:28:37 PM »
Whining sound tweakers. That's all the problem is. The sounds are nothing if you compare them to gunfire which is fucking loud if you've ever shot a gun. It's only annoying because they can't sound camp.

To be clear, I'm only talking about the cannon fire. The burning sounds etc... are fine. And the burning buildings already prevent sound camping. So I don't understand why you say I'm a whining sound tweaker.

I'm probably the only player who still wants to play this map, don't exactly get the negative responses from players that don't eaven play the map...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 07, 2015, 00:13:24 AM »
Forgive my rage-induced response. I wasn't calling YOU a tweaker/camper, I was just generalizing.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 07, 2015, 13:24:13 PM »

Same reason I dont play many of these other games or watch any of the ultra effect movies there all crap and the effects just annoy me. camaras shacking as if you are really there load of crap. Raising the volume for effect crap and anooing.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 14:17:14 PM »
this.

I just wish I could see anything on bridge like I used to on previous windows lol

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager