Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Website improvements  (Read 26998 times)

Jonnym

Re: Website improvements
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 02:46:09 AM »
2.5Assist or 2.5Delpoy as it was called back then... http://americasarmy.filefront.com/file/Americas_Army_25_Deploy;95419  was released back in early 2008, Back then we used to see about 150 - 200 players online at busy times of the day, arguably the 2.5 community was busier back then. Noone gave a fuck then either.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 03:38:52 AM »
Didn't read the entire conversation, just wanted to say it was not my intention to look rude.

Like I said I (and plenty of AA players) owe u very much for what you've done. If I had money I'd give to to you, cauz yes it's also a question of money and it's normal, but not everybody can donate and so we try to show our 'grattitude or dunno what' by saying thanks and such things.

Now for the mAAps, I used to play them alot in the beginning, when there were very few players on AA 2.5, bur now I believe people don't play em anymore cauz they are not really tracked. The little maps aren't tracked and the big are, but u can't see progress in BT. So I'm not sure bout that, but like we saw before in any cases people are obssessed by BT and numbers and statistics so perhaps if they were tracked it would change something (not sure though)

Ok I realise what I said is litle bullshit but dont wanna rewrite it.

Thanks again for your work, I'll keep playing AA every day till it dies.

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »
Spanky, I have posted quite enough suggestions (download mirrors, website suggestions, banners exchange, affiliates, and so forth) to spread the word 3 times more than before LOL. But it is not about 1 person, it is about the community working together to spread the word. And at the end of the day, one has to think outside of the box.

By the way, out of the above, banners exchanges and/or affiliates listing is the easiest to get done and I did post the needed mod for that. It involves for Assist to discuss with other gaming community and/or clans and exchange banners. The clans/gaming communities showcase our Assist banner, while Assist showcase theirs.

To Jonny

Wouldn't you say that for the past few weeks, the numbers of players online almost reached that size?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 14:15:26 PM »
In the end what kills the game is the lack of players which consequently leads people to play the same maps on the same servers. I saw that happening during the last months in 2011 before Auth. shutdown aswell.

Lack of feedback and lack of players using custom made maps sums up the situation. I personally still find the game entertaining to play, although by now it's harder to see the tactical (and teamwork) gameplay the game is supposed to be about, and most of the people plays a map without caring about objectives at all. Which is a shame considering that every map is a mission and such it is meant to be played (but today Call of Duty has a better feeling for most).

To make a simple comparison, n Unreal2004 in a mission mode like Onslaught you have to conquer path nodes in order to gain terrain and get to the enemy Main Core. That is a mission objective-like set too but designed so that you have to do your job along with others (and actually building path nodes with others fasten the process) in order to succed.
On AA2 such things do not exists so today the average gameplay aims more toward a Call of Duty Rambo shooting bullets in the air than what it should be (or either camping corners which again is dead stupid thing...you're supposed to play and not to investigate how interesting concrete is).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 14:18:35 PM by Koden »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 14:55:51 PM »
reserve obj's for playing against tryhards
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 17:52:16 PM »
Hey now, this thread is starting to lack drama. Do I need to start banning some random users and start giving myself admin on servers?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 20:10:22 PM »
ban ronny and C0RRUPTER.wS
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Alex

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 22:26:56 PM »
Hey now, this thread is starting to lack drama. Do I need to start banning some random users and start giving myself admin on servers?
yes.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 14:49:12 PM »

Post some photos of nude Major (fake them if you don't have it) - that will cause a real uproar in the community, and boost a new life to this forum.

And maybe things will get so exciting, that you consider backing from your decision?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager