Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The 203 disabled on hospital.  (Read 74870 times)

Offline Jammax716uk

Re: The 203 disabled on hospital.
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 15:18:33 PM »
It's really stupid from you to say that...
If you think I am a new player, you are absolutely wrong, I been in this community more than you ever be. I think judging me without seeing me having that 203 turned on is stupid, you haven't seen me yet kicking everyone asses with that 203 nor you have seen me with C18. I know how to use it, I like pwning asses when I am on ambush, nading hospital rushers so its easier for ambush to take over the hospital.

The fact that 203 shouldn't be on this map is plane simple. I repeated quite a few times now and should be simple. If you want original map, then change C18 also class to m6 rifle. Then you feel how to play in hardcore mode. You all should stop fucking playing for points and k/d ratio because its fucking ridiculous to see something like this in this game. If you want to achieve something, go play COD. Yes rpg used to be in hospital, used to be fun but thats freaking different from 203. With rpg you used to tk a lot using backblast and don't tell me about it, rpg is also more powerful that 203. It was used t be fun but since the game moves on, maps like hospital should move too.

Yet you still find a way to bitch about changes. Yes lets just see how this game dies, lets leave everything as it is. Yeh lets play as we played all the time. I am fucking interesting how you guys not bored of hospital.

I have to agree with rmcdzk, it's too late to bring more players, the only way you can do Eliz is make it as fun as possible, remove that dirty map, would be the happiest man. All you guys can do is complain, go try code and shit and see what happens from the guys like you.

SF hospital, the map with quickest points to earn, to get good k/d ratio, to run with 203 in your hands to look where to blow (including inside hospital), to use ''bugs'' on both buildings, fuck this map has a lot of good points why people play it.

I find that seriously hard to believe seeing as you were what 9 yrs old when i started playing? 8 probably, im sure i played for a year before even realising b/tracker existed!
How many times do we see players ingame bitching about getting blown by 203?
I dont think ive seen one complaint ingame in months and the last time was someone asking ppl not to spam nade, no problem with them having it just not spamming it!
There has always been a very fine balance with this map adjusting any one thing has an impact on something else,
Now more than ever there is a tendency for the regulars to rush like mad and abuse any and every player that kills them for camping,
One of the methods to slow them down and get a stranglehold inside the hospital itself is by spamming, sure its blindfire, but common sense should prevail even for newcomers if your getting blown up in a certain place at a certain time every single damn round....CHANGE SOMETHING, wait back, go another way, spam back, its a part of the map and has been accepted for many many years, if you cant handle getting blown up learn to count, learn to listen, and learn to know when you have a good chance of doing whatever you are doing or not.
I have no problem with this 'test' provided its not your typical 'force it upon them they'll have to get used to it' bs.
If it is, hell dont do things by half make pyrotechnics a things of the past go the whole hog and rip the shit out of every map in the game, get your banners out no more explosives no more flashbangs get rid of the smokes and hell take the weapons too and rename the game sim city!

Offline Endy

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 15:43:29 PM »
I dont think ive seen one complaint ingame in months and the last time was someone asking ppl not to spam nade

^ THIS

One of the DEV team (he can come forward himself) was complaining about 203 in hosp so yeah no wonder they took it out for a week.

How about making a non 203 hosp map and let the original hosp map be as it is so people can choose themselves whether they want to play non 203 hosp.

Everyone happy

Offline Bart!

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:00:54 PM »
Endy, fingerpointing etc. will not add any value in a discussion. If you talk about me, yes I regularly say this, because I still beleive with the experience I got from many maps, fps games and beta tests I've done, that the 203 as it is used on this map does not add the element of fun to the game for for example newer players.

HOWEVER I was NOT the one who decided that 203s had to be removed, but when the discussion was there, I was in favour of exactly this solution, because it is a middle way and then we can see what the community in general wants..

I think jammax is right about 1 thing: the fact that newer players do not get the chance to take the sf, get fed up with worse guns and get blown up instantly in the start.

The way it used to be, with spam and such, the weapon 18C was too powerful compared with other weapons. Now there is a week test to see how it is without the m203. if you don't like it, then so be it, there will be a public vote about it. If you beleive everybody agrees that the 203 should stay, then the vote will show this.

How about, instead of flaming, pointing fingers, and telling who should or should not have an opinion, we will summarize the good and the bad about 203s, so we can actually make a meaningful discussion. These kind if fingerpointings will not get you anywhere.

Good:
- More ways to kill people hiding at a certain place, like west wing roof.
- One of the ways to stop fast rushers
- Adds an extra element to the battlefield, you can't just hide and feel safe.

Bad
- Lots of spam, blindfire of 203s in an hospital area is against the ROE in general, and I do not see the added value of blindfire and spams, in general a lot of veteran FPS players dislike the use of 203s for this.
- "Cheap kills", used a lot of times just for a free kill, people walk in the open with 203 out (that's very tactical?), just to click the lmb and get a free kill.

The problem I mainly see in the map, is that a lot of people only use the 203 for either spam, or cheap kills. A lot of times people just walk around with 203 open, waiting for a free kill to show up.

If people got anything to add about good or bad things, please do so.

And don't forget as we said, there will be a vote afterwards, if you beleive that the majority agrees that 203s are good for this map, then there is nothing to worry about.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:02:50 PM »
Then you are of the opinion that we shouldn't try to fix the roof bug?

that is correct

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:05:26 PM »
Can you share your reasoning?

been fixed before with railings, and what happen no one liked it, people still cried about it
fix 1 then u have to fix 2

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:10:15 PM »
I enjoy assist now dares to change or at least looking for opportunities and improvements in existing game folders.
About the change that is made in hospital,it  will not effect the game negatieve, simple reason is whitout 203 you have more
change to survive, you are hit,get medic and go go go!
Hospital is a game to bring VIP home gif all a m9 and one 1 smoke and 2 flash 2 granade and you still got a great game.

It is a habit issue!!.
But the customer is your client  :style:
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:13:00 PM by Vanoke »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:15:15 PM »
going to be a lot easier shooting em going in without getting naded in  ww entrance lol

don't know why everyone making a big deal of this, it's only for a week and then would be put up for a vote to remove it or keep it

geez 1 week no nades big deal

Offline Endy

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 16:20:01 PM »
Endy, fingerpointing etc. will not add any value in a discussion. If you talk about me

Now now, don't feel attacked.
If you read my post again i said that the person can come forward himself.
If i wanted to backstab you then yeah i would've said your name but i'm not like that  ;)

I added my 2 cents into the discussion and i'm staying with it: Make 2 hospital maps: original & custom non 203 and let the people decide themselves which one they want to play.

Offline Jammax716uk

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 17:00:25 PM »
I tell ya what, endy and myself have had ample run ins ingame and out in previous months but i cannot deny his proposal is the best i have seen yet,
Put a server up without 203's and allow players/clans to have original load out if they so please, that would indeed keep everyone happy.
It doesn't take a politician to know that even if and when you put this to a vote there are going to be far more players voting to rid of 203, players that love the other maps and poor players that lack the common sense to learn/avoid 203's outnumber the 30/40 or so regular hosp players that prefer it to stay as it is.
Sf hosp has always been the most popular map for a reason, if it aint broken dont fix it, if you insist on making changes instead of taking something out put something in!, take emphasis away from getting good frag rates, kill tracker, give us all thermites, give us all rpg's, alternate the weapons round by round automatically, i could go on forever lol!
Great proposal endy anyway that was the best i have seen yet.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 17:40:21 PM »
hospi and no 203 is same like urban and no nades...

a full urban server in first 10 sec mutch kills by spam nades.but guys how know good this map,dont die mutch times bcs he know what he have to do.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 17:52:29 PM »
I tell ya what, endy and myself have had ample run ins ingame and out in previous months but i cannot deny his proposal is the best i have seen yet,
Put a server up without 203's and allow players/clans to have original load out if they so please, that would indeed keep everyone happy.
It doesn't take a politician to know that even if and when you put this to a vote there are going to be far more players voting to rid of 203, players that love the other maps and poor players that lack the common sense to learn/avoid 203's outnumber the 30/40 or so regular hosp players that prefer it to stay as it is.
Sf hosp has always been the most popular map for a reason, if it aint broken dont fix it, if you insist on making changes instead of taking something out put something in!, take emphasis away from getting good frag rates, kill tracker, give us all thermites, give us all rpg's, alternate the weapons round by round automatically, i could go on forever lol!
Great proposal endy anyway that was the best i have seen yet.

lol now that would be cool as hell, bring back the old days rpg's and nades lol

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 18:03:31 PM »
This topic you can say what you think about 203 out of hospital so please stop telling people that they do wrong in ther thinking . thx

Offline Ganja

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 18:35:29 PM »
hospi and no 203 is same like urban and no nades...

a full urban server in first 10 sec mutch kills by spam nades.but guys how know good this map,dont die mutch times bcs he know what he have to do.

You do realize that nades can't be thrown from spawn to spawn right?

Offline OICURMT2!

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 04, 2014, 20:45:29 PM »

That depends on the gravitation constant...
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, October 05, 2014, 04:31:52 AM »
I dont think ive seen one complaint ingame in months and the last time was someone asking ppl not to spam nade, no problem with them having it just not spamming it!
Great point. I haven't seen anyone complain about 203's on Hospital for a very long time.

and do you honestly think that leaving things as they are now will get more? Do you honestly believe that new players which face hardcore main pump room camping and hardcore acog4x gameplay at hospital will stay with aao25? I fcking doubt that.
To answer your questions: No, and No. AA is facing a slow death. AA is too hard and too old for new players. The rest of your post was just you crying about how you are unable to play hospital and that all players should play "your" maps. Unrelevant to the issue at hand, so I am not bothered to reply.

Same like Hospital. You also can't 203 from spawn to spawn. Or what were you implying.

I will also summarize the good things and bad things of 203's on Hospital:

Good:
- It's original

Bad:
- (No con's needed because you dont f*ck with the original)

If you want new players to join. Make a server with honor limit 1-20. Make it something like featured, so its always on the top of the serverlist even if the server is empty. Name it: SERVER FOR NEW PLAYERS. Maybe this will make new players to stay. You can try that and see how it goes.
Removing 203's won't help the situation. It will only make half of the current people upset that they cannot play the map they love in the way they always have played it.

If it is, hell dont do things by half make pyrotechnics a things of the past go the whole hog and rip the shit out of every map in the game, get your banners out no more explosives no more flashbangs get rid of the smokes and hell take the weapons too and rename the game sim city!
Hahaha, awesome.  :D :up:  We are heading that direction. Next stop: Urban with no nades and flashes, and no AR. McKenna also no AR and no nades. And Insurgent camp, no 203's, cause its unrealistic spamming 203's into windows. I mean pfff, who spams windows, that not realistic. :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager