Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 22970 times)

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:14:33 PM »
Thanks...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 05:52:21 AM »
He can not see forums anymore? Sent me PM but I can't reply. Not sure who it is

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »

Personally, I would much rather see the whole community coming together before taking any money in. For instance, any one of our current fórum members could have suggested hosting a server through Assist (local host) and make his a community-server just as it is has been discussed before. Clans that own two or more servers could have done the same. In fact, even clans that own one sole server could easily turn it into a "Community Server" by giving respectable members the ability to monitor the server and add-in a higher level of map/gameplay dynamism to them.

/Dan

i like the idea of a community-server. an official aa25-community-server with a strong admin-moderation (community-based) and map rotation of the official aa-maps would be good. this could become "a place to be", where the community could gather. On top of that u have the possibility to play different maps and maybe ur beloved map which is rarely played. i think a lot of players come back to aa25 with the idea to play their favorite map, for example radio tower, but its never played. so at least there is a chance to play different old maps, which could bind more ppl who are already playing or leaving and attract new veterans to come back to the game.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #93 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 11:00:52 AM »
i like the idea of a community-server. an official aa25-community-server with a strong admin-moderation (community-based) and map rotation of the official aa-maps would be good. this could become "a place to be", where the community could gather. On top of that u have the possibility to play different maps and maybe ur beloved map which is rarely played. i think a lot of players come back to aa25 with the idea to play their favorite map, for example radio tower, but its never played. so at least there is a chance to play different old maps, which could bind more ppl who are already playing or leaving and attract new veterans to come back to the game.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
Spanky was running an assist official server, kindly no one really played it.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
Spanky was running an assist official server, kindly no one really played it.
True story. It wasn't REALLY mine, James at LPS gave us devs 3 servers. But yea, nobody played on them despite the great pings and our desire to give out admin to responsible players.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #96 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »
True story. It wasn't REALLY mine, James at LPS gave us devs 3 servers. But yea, nobody played on them despite the great pings and our desire to give out admin to responsible players.

American server ... No offense but there are more EU players during the day, so a EU server would be more full ...

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 14:41:05 PM »

Lol I haven't seen em, I'll play on them can't understand why the euros can't handle playing on American servers, i have no problem playing on euro server with a 35 ping

It's only a game

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 14:52:34 PM »
Lol I haven't seen em, I'll play on them can't understand why the euros can't handle playing on American servers, i have no problem playing on euro server with a 35 ping

It's only a game
If you have the option to play on a server which is located closer to you, it only makes sense that people do that. I do notice the difference between NA and EU located servers as a Dutchman.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 17:18:48 PM »
It really depends on where in Europe you are. I'm from Estonia so my ping on most EU servers is between 12 and 30, but on US servers it's 45 and up.

I think you'll find that most EU servers are in the west side of Europe, which is not too much closer to me in Estonia versus someone on the east coast of the US.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 17:21:32 PM »
I play on EU server, it is fine and steady. I join US server, its a bit different in a bad way. I join Brazil server, it's very laggy with 300 ping. It depends on your connection, the closer you are the better connection will follow.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #101 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:52:14 PM »
Ping is your worst enemy if all settings are is equel.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 16:55:48 PM »
I play where ever I can

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager