Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Spawn points Monkey Island  (Read 7893 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Spawn points Monkey Island
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 01:32:02 AM »
Ganja, it wouldn't be a problem if your pineapple of a computer could run MS-DOS and not shit itself.

Only noobs need a high-quality pc to play AA :) How do you even know how performant my PC is :D
I think I get 5 FPS on this map if I remember right

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 01:48:50 AM »
Yo spanky, I wanted to use your fountain from Spankyville (it's awesome) but I cannot find a way to do so that doesn't crash the editor. Even simply trying to export the custom textures crashes the editor...

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 04:15:23 AM »
A bit of an update after tonight.

My plan is to create a sort of walled-in research compound in the middle, somewhat like SF Blizzard. I'm also thinking about putting buildings around the outskirts of the maps and maybe some tunnels. Any suggestions would be appreciated too.

Done So Far:
- Replaced all of the trees you could walk through with actual static meshes. (which was pain in the ass due to map size)
- Start of research compound. So far the main offices and living quarters are done.
- Some random terrain fixes

To Do:
- Add random spawn points
- Make objectives. No idea how this map remained in the mAAp pack without objectives. :P
- Finish compound
- Possible tunnel system
- Unforeseen UnrealEd headaches

This map is going to be so awesome nobody is going to play it! Just like my other 3 maps. :P
« Last Edit: Monday, April 28, 2014, 04:21:10 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 05:13:21 AM »
we did play it :D
and it was fun

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 05:31:56 AM »
Same here. Might just add some clouds to the sky.
I'm probably going to rework the entire map, new objectives and everything. Terrain will stay the same though as I suck at dealing with terrain. :P
  great :) the objs would do wonders to the map because people just run around or camping.. another thing i think it could be good is booth teams have same weapons.. :)

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 05:33:48 AM »
At least delete the grass. That stuff is so shitty. I think that was the first grass I ever made. It was like shoulder-height.
the grass can give a litte cover to hide in that middle because you get a big space whit no place to hide.. just my opinion :)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 06:50:44 AM »
I cant see what you wanne do whit tunnel .i think they will be to long this map is a outdoor map. So upgrond is better. That building looks cool we will see new game play .thx for nice responce

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »
Yo spanky, I wanted to use your fountain from Spankyville (it's awesome) but I cannot find a way to do so that doesn't crash the editor. Even simply trying to export the custom textures crashes the editor...

Haha, yea, that thing pisses me off to no end. If you look at mAAp Pipeline, I ripped it for the north side broken pipe on the outside of the building.

I think Blueblaster made it with the Particle Editor which makes it impossible to copy-paste (thanks Epic). I think what I did was copy both emitters into Notepad and then create new emitters from scratch in the new map and just copied the variables over such as size, spawn rate, texture and all that. Tedious but I too thought it was good enough to steal :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 14:01:51 PM »
Haha, yea, that thing pisses me off to no end. If you look at mAAp Pipeline, I ripped it for the north side broken pipe on the outside of the building.

I think Blueblaster made it with the Particle Editor which makes it impossible to copy-paste (thanks Epic). I think what I did was copy both emitters into Notepad and then create new emitters from scratch in the new map and just copied the variables over such as size, spawn rate, texture and all that. Tedious but I too thought it was good enough to steal :)
The emitter isn't really the problem. I never even attempted that. I can't export the textures for the water in the fountain it dumps into without the editor crashing.

I cant see what you wanne do whit tunnel .i think they will be to long this map is a outdoor map. So upgrond is better. That building looks cool we will see new game play .thx for nice responce
The tunnels wouldn't be all the way across the map. There would be several from certain points on the map. I wouldn't make them extremely long. Also, I'm just looking at putting some in. If it doesn't work out and looks bad, I won't.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 28, 2014, 14:03:25 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 16:07:07 PM »
For me you don t have to do it that map is already big ( playing field) if you puth tunnels in it we don t see nobuddy anymore please think about it! .

If we play the game the player run into the mountains were the game starts, if you can make sum obsticales ( The grass is great hard to see soldier from out hills good camouflage ,bigger rocks, sum palm trees,a bigger ore more tent camp in hills wood be nice , that house is great  :up: meaby Obj in it  its oke!.
But what makes the game is that random spawn ( my vision )  so it looks like this map will be must more populair.
P.S City block is realy a good map!   

The tunnels wouldn't be all the way across the map. There would be several from certain points on the map. I wouldn't make them extremely long. Also, I'm just looking at putting some in. If it doesn't work out and looks bad, I won't.

? Last Edit: Today at 14:03:25 by KiLLaMaN ?

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 15:44:38 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 16:14:11 PM »
The emitter isn't really the problem. I never even attempted that. I can't export the textures for the water in the fountain it dumps into without the editor crashing.

Don't export. Are they part of MyLevel? If so, just open SpankyVille and then open Monkey Island, they'll be available for use.

Offline Alex

« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 18:42:11 PM »
Don't export. Are they part of MyLevel? If so, just open SpankyVille and then open Monkey Island, they'll be available for use.
lol, that's literally the first thing I tried. Editor crashes on map change.

For me you don t have to do it that map is already big ( playing field) if you puth tunnels in it we don t see nobuddy anymore please think about it! .

If we play the game the player run into the mountains were the game starts, if you can make sum obsticales ( bigger rocks, sum palm trees,a bigger ore more tent camp in hills wood be nice , that house is great  :up: meaby Obj in it  its oke!.
But what makes the game is that random spawn ( my vision )  so it looks like this map will be must more populair.
Yeah I get what you're saying. Tunnels might make the map a bit too big and rounds would need to be long. Also, random spawns will be in the map. It's the perfect map for them.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 28, 2014, 18:44:58 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 20:16:00 PM »
lol, that's literally the first thing I tried. Editor crashes on map change.
I think you're just trying to get me to install the editor again :)

Try to copy them from mAAp Pipeline.

Offline Alex

« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 23:27:33 PM »
I think you're just trying to get me to install the editor again :)

Try to copy them from mAAp Pipeline.
The water texture worked for me, but I cannot seem to get the emitter to work. Despite carrying over the mylevel stuff from mAAp Pipeline, it won't let me copy/paste the Emitter stuff (from the emitter tab in the f4 menu) from myLevel into the emitter on monkey island. It acts like the stuff doesn't exist.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 00:30:56 AM »
I cannot seem to get the emitter to work. Despite carrying over the mylevel stuff from mAAp Pipeline, it won't let me copy/paste the Emitter stuff (from the emitter tab in the f4 menu) from myLevel into the emitter on monkey island. It acts like the stuff doesn't exist.

That's where you gotta notepad the emitter properties and create a new one from scratch and manually add in the variables of the emitter.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager