Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Rmx clan  (Read 14839 times)

Offline _Wihelm_Winter_

Re: Rmx clan
« Reply #45 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 17:03:59 PM »
Yes....why topic with some films was close by bart ?

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday, February 03, 2014, 19:52:34 PM »
Yes....why topic with some films was close by bart ?

im sure he has his reasons for locking it, as i'm sure there discussing that in admin area, but players should know whats going on that topic so this can be dropped already

dirty or clean  it's one of the 2, though we know the outcome : )

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 03:12:29 AM »
i can't stay still, have to say that:

with a good mouse and macros, you can do almost everything like ahk can do.
i have a logitech mouse - not a gaming one - just a normal one. and you can to even there config some outrageous macros to use it like shooting faster then normal. you all know that.

but this is bullshit. go real life, take a gun and do a macro on it - looool.
impossible, right?

so i do not understand why some players need to use such bs, just to mean they are better on a virtual battlefield then others. maybe just for 1-2 hours they feel great, unbeatable, like heros. if they need it, ok - but come back in real life and understand that using all this isn't something special, only taking advantage to beat serious players - i call that unfair playing.

now all of you using this kind of gameplay - think what you want - be proud or not - maybe come without all that crap and show us how good you are really - without all that bs. you are very welcome to show us your real competition.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 03:24:40 AM »
People.. Please, stop with the comparison of real life. AA has always been, and will always be nothing like real life. I do shit with guns IRL that isn't possible in AA, reducing recoil, lie down and press down your gun on sacks of sand or whatnot, recoil is reduced and sway also. Hide in a bunker and call in airstrike, mortars or whatever the fuck you want to gain a battlefield advantage - Which is what you do.

Macros are terrible and so bad, the fastswap macro i see people use is so fucking useless, all you have to do is press crouch and prefered button at the same time, done fucking deal. As for the recoil reducting macros, ban the hell out of them. For sure. The soundreference people use, saying it's unrealistic and unfair. Here's a protip: Buy Peltor earpads, which shuts out high pitched sounds (gunshots, shouting etc) and increases low freq sounds like footsteps, cracking branches etc, hunters and soldiers use them successfully.

Soundcard in AA doesn't do shit for you without mapknowledge and skill, knowing what direction the enemy is coming from don't do you any good if you don't know the layout from which he will pop up in, behind a wall, car or out in the open. What kind of rug is placed on the floor on which partion of the map. Your arguments about sound being unfair is outdated, wrong and totally based on your own understanding on the game, which obviously is none. More bullets / second versus sound, if you pick sound being just as unfair. Disconnect from life.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 03:56:09 AM »
Soundcard in AA doesn't do shit for you without mapknowledge and skill, knowing what direction the enemy is coming from don't do you any good if you don't know the layout from which he will pop up in, behind a wall, car or out in the open. What kind of rug is placed on the floor on which partion of the map. Your arguments about sound being unfair is outdated, wrong and totally based on your own understanding on the game, which obviously is none. More bullets / second versus sound, if you pick sound being just as unfair. Disconnect from life.
I'm pretty sure almost everyone who's playing this game today has enough map knowledge on the maps they play (which usually is 2-3 maps), to gain a substantial advantaged from a good soundcard.

And I'm not exactly sure who you're talking to in this paragraph, but it sure looks a lot like your usual rants.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 04:03:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure almost everyone who's playing this game today has enough map knowledge on the maps they play (which usually is 2-3 maps), to gain a substantial advantaged from a good soundcard.

And I'm not exactly sure who you're talking to in this paragraph, but it sure looks a lot like your usual rants.
"my usual rant" goes out to the ones saying that soundcard gives you the same advantage as rapid fire / macros.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 04:15:38 AM »
im sure he has his reasons for locking it, as i'm sure there discussing that in admin area, but players should know whats going on that topic so this can be dropped already

dirty or clean  it's one of the 2, though we know the outcome : )
There are already multiple threads about this subject, if we had everybody discussing there the post would vanish in spam of others, so it is to make that specific post more visible to the admins as well.

The main thing with macros is: you click once: pc says you clicked three times.

I see discrepancy here. In most leagues every double action key bind was disallowed and would get you banned. That's because your character is doing things you are not doing yourself, which is exactly why it is unfair.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 04:40:26 AM »
"my usual rant" goes out to the ones saying that soundcard gives you the same advantage as rapid fire / macros.
I'm not sure anyone is saying that they're the same advantages, but rather that they're both something that wasn't meant to be in the game.

But I agree, you can't compare the 2 in an adequate way.
Like Bart said, having a macro makes you do things in game that you yourself didn't do anything to trigger.
Sound, however, is never triggered by a person themselves (well it's a side effect of actions, but you don't have to press an extra button for it). How a specific sound card processes sound makes it 'good' or 'bad' for exploiting the sound in this game.
Those are both advantages, but they're completely different.
In one you fire faster (or reduce recoil I guess), in the other you hear where the enemy is. You're supposed to hear the enemy close to you (granted not as accurately as some of the cards here allow), but you're not supposed to fire faster than you can move your fingers.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »
Sound in AA ain't an exploit, AA being the slow paste game it is, good sound has always been encouraged. The aao25 community has gotten this all wrong and this is the first time it's ever even been up for discussion, let alone mentioning "exploit" and sound in the same sentence.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 05:18:31 AM »
Sound in AA ain't an exploit, AA being the slow paste game it is, good sound has always been encouraged. The aao25 community has gotten this all wrong and this is the first time it's ever even been up for discussion, let alone mentioning "exploit" and sound in the same sentence.
Well seeing that the game was meant to be built as close to realism as possible while maintaining the ability to play it as a game in order to market the idea of joining the US Army, I highly doubt you were meant to hear all across the map.
Since it's not something you were meant to hear, I'd classify it as an exploit.
It's just my opinion.

But in any case, like discussed in various other threads, having a sound card is totally OK.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 05:33:07 AM »
Like I said before somewhere about 90% of players use macros, it does pisses me off, not because I cannot afford myself a mouse and use macro but it gives unfair advantage, with my current mouse i don't have a good chance in close combat against macro. I though macro was supposed to be disabled somehow because all these exploits makes them apparently better. Admins should disable it.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
Like I said before somewhere about 90% of players use macros, it does pisses me off, not because I cannot afford myself a mouse and use macro but it gives unfair advantage, with my current mouse i don't have a good chance in close combat against macro. I though macro was supposed to be disabled somehow because all these exploits makes them apparently better. Admins should disable it.
Admins can't 'disable' a macro that's run by a 3rd party software.
If hey can detect such a software, they can ban the individual.

And you saying 90% of people playing use macros is just a joke.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 06:17:25 AM »
Well seeing that the game was meant to be built as close to realism as possible while maintaining the ability to play it as a game in order to market the idea of joining the US Army, I highly doubt you were meant to hear all across the map.
Since it's not something you were meant to hear, I'd classify it as an exploit.
It's just my opinion.

But in any case, like discussed in various other threads, having a sound card is totally OK.
We can't hear across the map with our sound, we can just hear better what's around us.

No way I am able to hear from spawn to spawn.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »
It really depends on the maps. I remember on Urban Assault you could hear the enemy gun go up after spawning. And that's pretty much across the map.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »

yes, i am pissed off to about that all. i have a mouse that could activate those macros, but i do not use them at all. for me, using this would be really unfair against others. i do my very best to get as much kills as i can without all of that crap. but in a fair gameplay.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager