Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Prone Warning  (Read 12497 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Prone Warning
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 01:51:59 AM »
I know ganja, played with him for years. He loves me and i love him (in a highly homosexual way)

Dude .. Why in public? :/

I have a question Ares. How can you have proof of a proneshooter? (I fyou don't have fraps running all the time)

Offline -Rui

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 04:28:09 AM »
I really dont understand why all this discussion? Why do you want so badly to remove the prone warning? Even you said that prone shooting gives you an advantage because of "laggy hitboxes".
All the players know not to prone shoot because if so, your screen will shake alot! Why is that bad? It just harms the person who was trying to proneshoot, even if that happened by accident. Next time that one player will know how to avoid the screen to shake.
Just trowing my 2 cents here!

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »
I really dont understand why all this discussion? Why do you want so badly to remove the prone warning? Even you said that prone shooting gives you an advantage because of "laggy hitboxes".
All the players know not to prone shoot because if so, your screen will shake alot! Why is that bad? It just harms the person who was trying to proneshoot, even if that happened by accident. Next time that one player will know how to avoid the screen to shake.
Just trowing my 2 cents here!
Because i've gotten killed by rushing enemies in scrims after accidently proneshooting, or swapping from gun to nade/flash/smoke whilst pressing run at the same time in the heat of the moment. Since it shows in chat, it gives an advantage to the opposite team knowing when to push someone, that advantage is greater than the proneshooting itself. It interfeirs with gameplay and punishes people who accidently does it.
And @ ganja, with proof i mean during matches. Which are usually demorec'd. And in pubs, people will be aware if someone proneshoots. Votekick begins, player leaves server. If you would want to supply admins on a pub server with proof, demorec it.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 08:15:21 AM »
Because i've gotten killed by rushing enemies in scrims after accidently proneshooting, or swapping from gun to nade/flash/smoke whilst pressing run at the same time in the heat of the moment. Since it shows in chat, it gives an advantage to the opposite team knowing when to push someone, that advantage is greater than the proneshooting itself. It interfeirs with gameplay and punishes people who accidently does it.
And @ ganja, with proof i mean during matches. Which are usually demorec'd. And in pubs, people will be aware if someone proneshoots. Votekick begins, player leaves server. If you would want to supply admins on a pub server with proof, demorec it.
There's a workaround for the shaking tho.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »
Theres a State in the game called "BusyProning", so you can't Shoot cause you're BUSY PRONING/RUNNING!
End of history.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 06, 2014, 09:00:26 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 09:01:04 AM »

In a scrim, when the enemy kills you while pronebugging, what happens?

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
In a scrim, when the enemy kills you while pronebugging, what happens?
You tell them they are bad for using it, and they agree, or call it accident. Move on to next round. Scrim don't matter shit anyway.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 10:18:16 AM »
So if you win the round by using a bug (maybe not intentionally) you say sorry and it's ok? That's not fair.
If scrims don't matter shit anyway, why are you getting so mad when you die after a pronebug :)

I feel like this is really the most fair solution (after ofc just disable it, but it doesn't seem possible)

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 10:20:28 AM »
its frowned upon in scrims but seeing as the result mean nothing its usually just brushed under the carpet, but in a match you could dispute it if used numerous times as it could have been the difference in winning or losing.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
Theres a State in the game called "BusyProning", so you can't Shoot cause you're BUSY PRONING/RUNNING!
End of history.
Then why the detection in HackHunter/Anti-Poke?

We could rework the mod so that the message only appears on the client, not broadcast to the server.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »
We could rework the mod so that the message only appears on the client, not broadcast to the server.

That would be a step in the right direction, indeed

Offline zombax

« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »
Prone bug was not a big deal in the past. It happened occasionally and it was very simple to recognize people who are doing it often and on purpose.
A good solution would be to give a shake warning when the player actually headshot another. I believe the warning is given too quickly here and it leads to bad gameplay

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 13:16:02 PM »
Then why the detection in HackHunter/Anti-Poke?

it is in HackHunter, cause it is considered an annoying exploit, it has its own number of warnings. only a few ppl argue about it...
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 16:52:31 PM »
Prone bug was not a big deal in the past. It happened occasionally and it was very simple to recognize people who are doing it often and on purpose.
A good solution would be to give a shake warning when the player actually headshot another. I believe the warning is given too quickly here and it leads to bad gameplay
Indeed. And ganja, if it happens in scrims I would rage, sure. I rage if a door lags upon opening, you know this. And type "don't proneshoot please" In a match, i'd have demorec of it, and if seen fit; dispute.

Jared

« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 18:08:50 PM »
I would rather see the shake be removed, and karam added like the "slap" mod we did once. So that if a player does it he loses health.

The biggest thing that bugs me is it makes you stop shooting the whole time the screen is shaking, it should only stop until the action is completed.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager