Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks!  (Read 6174 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: Just wanted to say thanks!
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 17:54:31 PM »
If you dont like the SB stay out how hard is that for you? If your struggling with it seek help. Help is available for or sorts of weaknesses. I could also train you.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 18:09:43 PM »
If you dont like the SB stay out how hard is that for you? If your struggling with it seek help. Help is available for or sorts of weaknesses. I could also train you.

Even if most of the players stay out of it, it reflects a negative image of the community

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 18:54:53 PM »
loool, what a bullshit ganja. most of the time you did put shit in there. but who cares?
nobody.
but what about controlling the internet ? there is to much shit, so we should stop it, no?
how stupid people can be :)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 18:58:12 PM »
I disagree  :shock: with Ganja for a change.
Whatever it reflects - I think it reflects that the community is alive - life is also not hunky-dory all the time.
Would be rather boring everybody just loving each other  :)
Only a bit tiring if people always ask the same questions which are being explained in the help section
or the endless why did I get kicked for this and that or certain people repeating the same things
over and over again.Otherwise I think the SB is quite amusing and it would be a pity to let go of it.

Ganja did you see the song I dedicated to you  :D ?

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 19:08:20 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline hastalavista

• View Profile
  • AA: HasTa
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 23:44:02 PM »
And yes i vote for cancelling the shoutbox

I vote for cancelling the bollie account.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 00:37:34 AM »
but I am wondering a bit now. you did say you make a server to play on other maps....
and now I see your server on hospital most of the time :) - welcome to the club :D
To answer your question Merlin. Yes the reason I'm hosting a mapvote server and founded the PAM clan is to play other maps. Maps that don't get played very often. I love AA and all the maps that were build so many years ago. I would love it if I could play mountain pass, river basin, radio tower, etc... whenever I want, but that's just not the case.

But that doesn't mean that I don't want to play hospital every now and then. It's one of the few maps that I can play for hours without getting bored. This morning, there wasn't an hospital server online and I wanted to play it. I joined it alone, and a few minutes later, people started joining. But, when it's the only hospital server online with 20+ players on it, it's freakin hard to get a mapvote passed.  :D So we followed a player that plays regularly on our server and played SF Csar for a while on another server. But later in the evening, we did managed to get a vote passed and played SF Village, Residence, Alley and Impact. Why don't I just change the map because I'm admin on the server? Simple, if players want to get pushed how to play and what to play, they can join other servers. It's not the way a "mapvoting" server should be run so I don't. Just play Unreal Tournament on PC or Halo on Xbox, they both use mapvoting, there are no admins there that can overrule the players decisions.

Also, I use the server to promote big clan day. And isn't that THE event of the week to encourage players to try different maps? I have this text scrolling on the server:
- Play on big clan day! Info on: bigclanday.pamclan.com
- Play Big Clan Day every sunday at 20h CEST! Be there!
Not to mention all the nagging I do on teamspeak about it :)

My "dream" ( if I can call it that ) is to find more players for PAM, so that more players vote for different maps and that the server is more full on "unpopular" maps. And if possible, another map every 30 minutes. But untill then, and that day may never come, I'll be happy the way things are going. I played more then 20 different maps on the server in the last week. And that's more that can be sad about most other servers.

Look at how the server-ranking has gone up in the last few weeks:

http://serverranking.pamclan.com

Give me some more time Merlin  ;) But I will not start swapping maps without a vote. Players will just disconnect and are less likely to come back. In the future I'm going to search for server-admins in other clans ( players that feel the same way I do ), anything to increase activity and the chance to play other maps. ;)

So yeah, you might see the server on SF Hospital or Bridge, but It won't be all day. And if I can only play other maps 1-2 hours every day on it, I'll be a happy soldier :)

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 00:44:07 AM by Jelle Mees »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 01:30:47 AM »
I vote for cancelling the bollie account.

Hey i got a fan :)
Who are you fanboy?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 05:57:03 AM »
@jesse, I only hate it when people start mapvoting one round into a map... I uually want to play a map a bit longer lol...

And Bollie, you know him all too well. I'll give you a hint. Who's our troll nr 1 who always comes back every now and then?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 08:08:33 AM »
In my opinion it's just contradictory to call your server 'Play Another Map' and then ask the community what map they want to play. As a result your server has been 20% on Hospital and 20% on Bridge (which is kind of high for a 'play another map server').

Ofcourse I like the initiative of playing other maps, but I believe a map rotation after one set would be more efficient.

But I also do realize this topic was meant as a Thank You topic so perhaps we should discuss this on the other topic about PAM :)

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 08:12:01 AM »
But I also do realize this topic was meant as a Thank You topic so perhaps we should discuss this on the other topic about PAM :)

I agree  :up:

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 08:35:52 AM »
And Bollie, you know him all too well. I'll give you a hint. Who's our troll nr 1 who always comes back every now and then?

Pit is back? Lol, is like he never left ^^

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 06, 2015, 13:55:00 PM »
Pittttt :D
I missed you buddy! Finally ur back!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager