Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server Options  (Read 4303 times)

Offline JACKNIFE

Server Options
« on: Saturday, August 02, 2014, 15:18:00 PM »
 :) hello i'm a regular player of AA and trying to get my own server tweaked just the way i like it. I have the new version of the server, and its running fine my only issue is that the only thing i want on the hud, is the game timer and health. no grenades, no crosshair, no compass, no SAI. you get the point, just health and the timer. maybe not even those. so i did some hunting around and was able to get rid of SAI by one of the GUI server options. Then i realized that diddnt get rid of everything else i was interested in removing so i went hunting through files, found aa25serv.ini in server0/system/server folder. somewhere in that mess i found

MOTDDisplaySeconds=10
bHUDHideAmmoCount=true
bHUDHideWeaponStatus=True
bHUDHideWeapon=true
bHUDHideGrenades=truebHUDHideHealth=False
bHUDHide=true
bHUDHideCombatEffect=true
bHUDHideOptics=truebHUDHideCompass=true
bHUDHideTimer=False
bHUDHideObjectives=true
bHUDHideRadar=true

SO i tried to change the settings as you can see they arnt default and i got this.  see attached picture. 

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
Re: Server Options
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 03, 2014, 08:57:04 AM »
Maybe an option to do Friendly Fire on and OFF? I think this could prevent tking if possible.

Offline JACKNIFE

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 18:52:42 PM »
hey man i think friendly fire being enabled encourages team communication. If everybody is reporting in and has a plan, really you should know where your team mates are or else you will likely be tk'ing them. i think the SAI takes away communication and teamwork and makes it more like counter strike.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 18:54:59 PM »
hey man i think friendly fire being enabled encourages team communication. If everybody is reporting in and has a plan, really you should know where your team mates are or else you will likely be tk'ing them. i think the SAI takes away communication and teamwork and makes it more like counter strike.

The SAI actually makes the game more realistic. Not everybody gets on TS and not everybody in the server on the team will be in TS. The SAI lets every player know where their teammates are which is something you would know in real life, just by communicating. Consider the SAI a substitute for TS, an even more accurate substitute.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline JACKNIFE

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:01:43 PM »
so no way to get rid of the rest of the heads up display eh? i had it running the way i really liked in the older versions of 25 assist

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »

That's true, but there are players who don't understand the concept of teamwork in this game. Those people that never report in or report enemy positions. Those people that get you killed because you didn't shoot because you thought it was a teammate. That's why I think the SAI is a good addition to the game !

The SAI actually makes the game more realistic. Not everybody gets on TS and not everybody in the server on the team will be in TS. The SAI lets every player know where their teammates are which is something you would know in real life, just by communicating. Consider the SAI a substitute for TS, an even more accurate substitute.

That's not true. Like you say yourself, realistic would be having everyone on teamspeak reporting their position. The SAI is there to compensate for the lack of communication. There's nothing realistic about being able to see the exact orientation of 3 different teammates on the map ;)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
That's not true. Like you say yourself, realistic would be having everyone on teamspeak reporting their position. The SAI is there to compensate for the lack of communication. There's nothing realistic about being able to see the exact orientation of 3 different teammates on the map ;)

That's pretty much what he said. He just worded it differently.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 11:26:34 AM »
Yeah realized it too late. But saying 'SAI makes the game more realistic' wasn't true, whatever :D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 15:51:07 PM »
Yeah realized it too late. But saying 'SAI makes the game more realistic' wasn't true, whatever :D

It does. I will bet any amount of money that in the not so distant future, a HUD and all info about your squad will be available in real life.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 17:22:59 PM »
It does. I will bet any amount of money that in the not so distant future, a HUD and all info about your squad will be available in real life.

Hahahaha we've come to the point where AA is even realistic for the future army, I love it :D

Jared

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 17:34:15 PM »
It already is, DARPA has been building iPhone and Tablet Apps for years now, and live feed mapping apps.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager