Yes
1618 (63.2%)
Yes (Hacker Tag)
325 (12.7%)
No (Permanent ban)
619 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 21:41:34 PM

Author Topic: [Poll] Banning Policy...  (Read 32200 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: [Poll] Banning Policy...
« Reply #135 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:52:51 PM »
test   

When i puth info on my clan facebook about assist  i see they look to it and sumtimes we have a little writing about it. solong they can play there is for the biggest group no reason to come here.
To wake sumbuddy you need negative ore super possitieve changes for the players Like :
New topic: Mandatory dues to play
New topic: Assist wil only be open in weekends
New topic: Only 1 server A clan
New topic: sex tape from Spanky  whit paris hilton is publiek! on assist. :shock:

You can call it confidence for the existing group called admin assist
and when it is quiet, it means people are satisfied.

So a small group assist admins  and a few members represent ideas and changes.
66% looks like you have to do it whit actieve forum members and admins

Again, a lot of those are accounts that are old (we should purge them) so you won't get anywhere near that many people on here. Look at the player charts, we have less than 1000 unique account logins a day (some people have multiple accounts). Being realistic, 66% would probably be somewhere around 500. But then you gotta remember that not everybody knows about this site and there are plenty of people that don't speak english and would have a hard time understanding what's going on here.

I do agree though that the amount of votes here is pathetic but what can we do short of adding voting to Assist (which we are talking about)? This site has been around way too long and spammed on way too many forums to still have people that don't know about it. That's how it is though. Think about all the games you play, do you go to the developer forums every day to keep up on what's going on? Most people don't.
[/color]
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 16:41:23 PM by Vanoke »

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 17:16:59 PM »
When i puth info on my clan facebook about assist  i see they look to it and sumtimes we have a little writing about it. solong they can play there is for the biggest group no reason to come here.
To wake sumbuddy you need negative ore super possitieve changes for the players Like :
New topic: Mandatory dues to play
New topic: Assist wil only be open in weekends
New topic: Only 1 server A clan
New topic: sex tape from Spanky  whit paris hilton is publiek! on assist. :shock:

You can call it confidence for the existing group called admin assist
and when it is quiet, it means people are satisfied.

So a small group assist admins  and a few members represent ideas and changes.
66% looks like you have to do it whit actieve forum members and admins

[/color]

I give up

Offline Dialects

« Reply #137 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 17:55:20 PM »
I propose we try a different angle on this topic. It has been made evident that people have several takes on what it may constitute to hack in this game and what type of consequences those who've performed such an act should undergo. However, instead of letting the focus remain on the construction/deconstruction and justification of each other's opinions, I'd like to suggest that we go back a few notches and take a simpler approach.

In a summarised and objective way, come up with a list of Pros and Cons for the following scenarios:

1. Player Hacks and is given a Second Change.
2. Player Hacks and is given a Punishment (i.e:. Hacker Tag, Pay a certain amount of money, etc)
3. Player Hacks and is permanently banned.

Refer to the following when listing the pros and cons:
- Consequences for the individual.
- Consequences for the community.
- What is gained by whichever option.
- What is lost by whichever option.
- Status-quo aggravation in whichever option.

Meanwhile, to clear some other things that have been mentioned up before:

NoBigDeal: Your post has not been deleted. SMF keeps track of all and any moderation activity. Trashed/deleted posts are also archived into a specific board. I have looked around and none of your posts has been --even at the slightest-- touched. If anything, it could so be that case that one of your posts was not approved (for restricted boards). Since the revamp of the forum, I went through the trouble of looking through all of the unapproved replies and approved them all. Your theory is not met with factual proof.

Assist's TOA...is not in any way illegal. The only clause to the legality of our TOA is that we retain permission to view & use the collected data for anti-cheat purposes. If the integral legality of our TOA was to be reviewed by respective Law Entities, we'd be obligated to disclose the ability to use the collected data in any way or form and would be forced to archive it with some sort of high-level encryption for safety reasons. However...before I speak any further on this matter, let us please situate ourselves in today's 'privacy' situation spanning out and about:

- Google collects data from you.
- Facebook collects data from you.
- Apple collects data from you.
- Windows collects data from you.
- Credit/Debit Cards collect data from you.
- Telecommunications Operators collect data from you.
- Your ISP collects data from you.

Need I say more? Some of the above aren't even a case of "I Agree" or "I Disagree" --some of them are simply forced unto you. If we're to bitch about a honest, clear and up-front TOA such as the one Assist has then I'll have to find myself nicely ask that you first shut down your internet, stop using your debit/credit cards, cut access to your phone and only then...will the slightest attempt at bitching gain that tenth more of sense.

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:14:42 PM »
1.Your 'summarised and objective way' - there is nothing new.
2. The existence of this post is no longer valid, because the subject was discussed again. But (not questioning your competence ...) if you really want to know, ask Spanky, he replied to this post.
3. You're wrong Assist's TOA / privacy - but this is not the place and time...

Last thing: why if something goes wrong, I see always on this forum the same solution:

'...shut down your internet, stop using your debit/credit cards, cut access to your phone...'
...or:
if 'something' (there is many of those...), then 'don't agrre'/'don't play'/'don't install'/'uninstall'

When you (all) finally understand, that this does not resolve the problem / situation - it will cause only rage...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #139 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:43:14 PM »
I'm not saying "Uninstall" --I am simply saying "There are other things you take usage of every day that do as much as Assist does in terms of collecting data. Why is then Assist deserving of so much moaning?"

If this does not resolve the problem as you've put it then why don't we all try to get to a solution then? I'm all ears. That's why I comment/participate in the community/forum. If I didn't care, I'd simply ignore it and resume my posting activity to either new updates and/or the private area of the forum.

Instead of placing me or any other Admin for that matter --as the target to shoot down; why not accept that we're all here to attempt at making this game better for everyone and create a nice little happy community? That is all there is to it. I'm sorry if it seemed any other way, really.

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
One problem I have yet to solve is how to prevent abuse and keep the votes in 1 location. If we start a poll here, Assist would have to pass the vote to AAO25. Those more devious than I could likely find ways to abuse my code as I'm not a master of PHP. Another problem is that ELiZ mentioned it's easy to render a webpage in Assist but interacting with it is another story. A vote could be submitted via $_[GET] but again, this leaves potential for abuse. We would have to find some way of passing the BTID to make votes unique. The logistics of voting in Assist will prove to be a hassle. Not that it can't be done, it's just a matter of doing it properly.

An easy solution might be to just omit AAO25 from polls and people vote in Assist and the votes stay on the auth server. It would be nice to have interaction with AAO25 though.
I'd guess the vote could stay on the auth server, but the vote on Assist could have a link to the forum topic, which has the discussion (not necessarily the votes).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 06:03:36 AM »
... If this does not resolve the problem as you've put it then why don't we all try to get to a solution then?...
That's exactly what i'm trying to do ...

... but stay on topic.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager