Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Keep getting Lag spikes  (Read 18562 times)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Re: Keep getting Lag spikes
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 13:45:47 PM »
In my experience lag spikes are usually network or server caused.  If there's nothing on your computer that is using network besides AA (you mentioned something about using gamebooster) then it's server side.  Try different servers, maybe try to notice a difference with few vs many players.  PB usually causes issues the most when a player connects.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 13:52:39 PM »
In my experience lag spikes are usually network or server caused.  If there's nothing on your computer that is using network besides AA (you mentioned something about using gamebooster) then it's server side.  Try different servers, maybe try to notice a difference with few vs many players.  PB usually causes issues the most when a player connects.

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one with this problem, and i'm sure it's causes by my laptop. But I can't find what causes this shitty lag.

To make it clear:
1. I have lag spikes, my screen freezes for a couple seconds and  my character keep walking, I also still hear everything when this happens. I ussually fall off the bridge bc of this shit.

2. I have another lag on bigger maps like SF Hosp, it looks like something slows down my gameplay.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 13:59:03 PM by noobslayer »

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 14:00:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure i'm the only one with this problem, and i'm sure it's causes by my laptop. But I can't find what causes this shitty lag.

To make it clear:
1. I have lag spikes, my screen freezes for a couple seconds and  my character keep walking, I also still hear everything when this happens. I ussually fall off the bridge bc of this shit.

Laptop + screen freeze while gaming? Methinks you are overheating.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 14:06:03 PM »
Laptop + screen freeze while gaming? Methinks you are overheating.

Wot? My screen freezes for a couple second and this happens a couple times per round.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 14:18:38 PM »
Wot? My screen freezes for a couple second and this happens a couple times per round.

I don't think it's due to overheating Spanky. The lagg I sometimes have is because of overheating (pc on entire day) and it's different as he describes it :/

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 14:54:55 PM »
I've seen this before, personally. When I was overclocking my graphics card, sometimes I would push it too hard and the screen would cut in and out as the Nvidia driver reset the GPU to try and fix problems. Same thing would happen when I forgot to turn up the fans. Gaming on a laptop? Just turns the internals into lava.

Do yourself and the laptop a favor and get a cooling pad, see if that helps. At the very least, it will prolong the life of your laptop.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:03:28 PM »
Cooling pad is great thing. My new laptop could burn while playing Battlefield 3 without colling pad. It gives MUCH.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:28:21 PM »
Cooling pad is great thing. My new laptop could burn while playing Battlefield 3 without colling pad. It gives MUCH.

What did it do for you?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:32:09 PM »
If you ever happen to open up a laptop and take a look at the interiors you might get a hint of why they get that hot so easily, the cooling system is usually built at the very limit of their possibilites, which ideally might be correct if you're not using a laptop to play a lot (small fans spinning at high speeds kill comfort), not to mention the psu part (depending on your laptop manifacturer you might get a decent psu or a poor one). While time pass by the small fans and fins of those laptop systems get clogged with dust and that reduces cooling potential, so you end up having to clean the system or add other cooling tools.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:37:36 PM by Koden »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:36:06 PM »
If you ever happen to open up a laptop and take a look at the interiors you might get a hint of why they get that hot so easily, the cooling system is usually built at the very limit of their possibilites, which ideally might be correct if you're not using a laptop to play a lot (small fans spinning at high speeds kill comfort).

What's your advice? Get better fans?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:51:42 PM »
What's your advice? Get better fans?

I edited the post above, my advice is get a desktop pc to play on, you can build a very decent one with used parts for a fraction of what a laptop would cost (if you can afford it and if you don't strictly need a gaming laptop...which i doubt  anyway). You might save money for a good display (something which would cost you a lot on a laptop and still isn't very common).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 15:53:28 PM by Koden »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 16:09:51 PM »
I edited the post above, my advice is get a desktop pc to play on, you can build a very decent one with used parts for a fraction of what a laptop would cost (if you can afford it and if you don't strictly need a gaming laptop...which i doubt  anyway). You might save money for a good display (something which would cost you a lot on a laptop and still isn't very common).

Allright, thanks.
First I will try to clean the inside of my laptop and get a new coolingpad. See what that will do..
I don't feel like buying a new PC just to play AA  :P

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 17:49:28 PM »
I hope you have a little monny becose they are so cheap these days
if you buy 1 you can play almost all games for less than 400 euro .
http://www.zdnet.nl/nieuws/149756/kooptip-aldi-pakt-uit-met-nieuwe-medion-desktop/

Allright, thanks.
First I will try to clean the inside of my laptop and get a new coolingpad. See what that will do..
I don't feel like buying a new PC just to play AA  :P

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:06:17 PM »
Hahah vanoke, Aldi? Ik ga liever voor de real-deal dan. Geld is geen probleem voorderest, maar ik zie ertegen op om een pc te kopen als ik al een goed werkende laptop heb, alleen AA is wat minder hierop

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 06, 2013, 18:07:12 PM »
I hope you have a little monny becose they are so cheap these days
if you buy 1 you can play almost all games for less than 400 euro .
http://www.zdnet.nl/nieuws/149756/kooptip-aldi-pakt-uit-met-nieuwe-medion-desktop/

You can get a better built if you choose the parts yourself (you can also find several online stores assembling parts into a system for you for a honest price), pre assembled pc are often lacking in parts like the PSU (you don't want to go dead cheap with the power supply because a cheap one can do a lot of damage if it deteriorates, which is likely).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager