Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Keep getting Lag spikes  (Read 18578 times)

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keep getting Lag spikes
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:17:34 PM »
with auslogics you need to turn off all the useless shit you dont need, go to system advisor, and after go to advanced tools..

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:19:34 PM »
have you tried pingtest.net

It's not my wifi, it's my laptop, something slows down AA while I play it. Might even be a setting in AA itself which I can't find

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:33:06 PM »

It's not my wifi, it's my laptop, something slows down AA while I play it. Might even be a setting in AA itself which I can't find
try this lowest video settings ini:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64317034/ArmyOps.ini
In-Game Settings-> Game - > Uncheck Dynamic Netspeed.
close the game. all done.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:37:43 PM »
Do you play any other multiplayer game? And do you experience the same issue while playing that game?

Although this might not be your case, i had issues with a crappy, cheap modem that was able to handle web surfing but was almost unable to handle any "heavier" load for a long timelapse, especially online gaming (i guess that involves way too many small packets of data that are sent and received at a high rate).
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:39:58 PM by Koden »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:51:54 PM »

Ok thanks, did both now, i'll report later if it worked or not.

@Koden I did play BF2, but I didn;t have any issues then.
And same for AA actually I didn't have this issue until a week and half ago..
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2013, 13:53:34 PM by noobslayer »

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 14:37:12 PM »

didn't work, damnit..
any other possible solutions?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 14:58:26 PM »
didn't work, damnit..
any other possible solutions?
Task Manager -> ArmyOps.exe -> Priority -> Above Normal or High. try above normal first;
if you have a muilt-core processor, set affinity to core 0 or 1.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:00:22 PM »
Driver & Windows updates?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:11:40 PM »
Task Manager -> ArmyOps.exe -> Priority -> Above Normal or High. try above normal first;
if you have a muilt-core processor, set affinity to core 0 or 1.

''access denied''

@spanky how to?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 15:28:26 PM »
Core affinity won't do anything to help. Process priority might help.

Windows Update in the control panel and then for drivers, what computer do you have? Is it an OEM model or custom build? What are the specs?

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 16:20:12 PM »
Core affinity won't do anything to help. Process priority might help.

Windows Update in the control panel and then for drivers, what computer do you have? Is it an OEM model or custom build? What are the specs?

Toshiba Intel core I3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27 GHz
64 Bits 3GB RAM

I always do Windows update, no available updates atm
« Last Edit: Monday, July 22, 2013, 16:22:43 PM by noobslayer »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 18:48:03 PM »
Head over to the Toshiba website and get the latest drivers for your machine.

Is it Intel, AMD or Nvidia graphics?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 00:39:33 AM »
interesting, can't change the Priority...
run assist as admin?

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 06:12:29 AM »
interesting, can't change the Priority...
run assist as admin?
Always

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
Head over to the Toshiba website and get the latest drivers for your machine.

Is it Intel, AMD or Nvidia graphics?

Intel

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager