Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: blank weapons list and blank players list  (Read 3144 times)

Offline dirtydawg

blank weapons list and blank players list
« on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 17:48:17 PM »
OK here is what I did. Had a hard drive crash. replaced it. Downloaded and installed 25 assist updated and installed, loaded it all up. Picked the server I wanted to play in and chose what side I wanted, Then I went to pick the weapons class I wanted and it was a blank page. All I could see was the medic box so I continued to play thinking The game would update. PB in all was good and game play was good..So I went to the teams tab and see it was blank there was nobody there NO pings no players names in the list. Any ideas. I thought about re installing but if the game has an error in it some where might need to throw away and start over? ...Might just be something simple...lol yeah right !!. thanks for any help

Offline noobslayer

Re: blank weapons list and blank players list
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 17:54:27 PM »
Try this: Go to assist settings > enable Widescreen FOV, or if this doesn't work try to change from windowed mode to full screen mode which is on assist settings aswell (or vise versa)

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline dirtydawg

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 18:04:54 PM »
Thank You noobslayer for the reply. I have done that, Still nothing :), I will keep working on figuring this out appreciate all the help, I might just throw away the whole file and start over.... 

Offline dirtydawg

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 01:09:45 AM »
 :? well I have tried to uninstall the game and nothing..And I am not sure it really uninstalled the game. But it is getting frustrating. I can't choose a weapon I am stuck with what ever. I can't see who is even playing the game, I have a server and I cant even see who all has came in to server in the list.....this is crazy.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 01:16:05 AM »
Take a screenshot and show us.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 04:14:12 AM »
its like this:

I've had it before, I don't remember how I fixed it.. I thought it was something with widescreen or fullscreen but apparantly that doesn't help for him

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
That's an awfully skinny resolution. That would be something to try, other resolutions including your monitor's native resolution.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 04:21:28 AM »
That's an awfully skinny resolution. That would be something to try, other resolutions including your monitor's native resolution.

My AA starts up with a small resolution, then it's blank for me aswell that's why I made this picture because it looks the same for him. For me going to fullscreen fixes it

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 04:23:55 AM »
My AA starts up with a small resolution, then it's blank for me aswell that's why I made this picture because it looks the same for him. For me going to fullscreen fixes it

Then there's your issue. Too much height, not enough width.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 06:23:32 AM »
Yup I have the same, when I start windowed mod, in small screen it doesn't show up, but fixes when full screen

Offline dirtydawg

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 03:49:33 AM »
i have tried windowed  at start up and expanded as well. The only other thing is that I am using an hd cable for my monitor and a vizio HDTV  36inch...I don't ever remember having any issues seeing the weapons list or the list of players...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 03:50:22 AM »
What's the resolution you're sending to the HDTV?

Offline dirtydawg

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 04:33:35 AM »
how would I check that?

Offline dirtydawg

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 04:36:43 AM »
never mind found it ...lol 1920 x 1080

Offline dirtydawg

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »
OK Spanky  I was able to fix the problem ty ...lol I just put in the setting for my HDTV and saved. Typed in for full screen and saved it works great awesome detail...thank you to everyone that tried and helped me out alot " HOOAH"

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager