Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Banned for using autohotkey  (Read 15810 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Banned for using autohotkey
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 05, 2014, 22:27:18 PM »
So its still 1 week ban, even though you said it was an accident? Can you explain why the 1 week ban is minimum requirement?

..RIP my weekend.
Any attempt at using AHK is an automatic one week ban. We have no way of knowing your intentions when you get caught with the program running. People were asking why it was only a one week ban even though you got caught twice. I believe the second time was an accident as there's no logical reason for you to try it again, thus not requiring any extra punishment.

not to be so cocky but when did this change??? so what your basically saying there has been a cvar made to prevent players from using ahk while playing aa?? 

i'm a bit lost here
Not too long ago. It was already discussed in a previous ahk ban appeal thread.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 06:49:51 AM »
to avoid getting banned add the stuff into your mouse setting instead, like everyone who uses ahk does and gets away with it. Assist only bans the ones stupid enough to have an exe running. It's kinda rediculous that you only ban the ones who runs exe's and not the ones having it in their mouse as macros. It can be spotted within 10 seconds if someone uses macros. And I fucking guarantee that atleast 40% of the actice community has it.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
How can you give such a guarantee if you have no way of proving it?

Offline Jakeke

• View Profile
  • AA: Jake
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 07:12:12 AM »
Hi, now I know why it flags AHK usage in game. When I usually start playing AA, I will first open Assist. In the normal case I have AHK running and assists spots it and I will close ahk and try again.

In these two cases where I got flagged my Assist were running in background while I started to play Path of Exile (ahk is very vital in this game). So playing PoE I will notice Ahk is not on and I'll start it. Then everything is fine until I stop playing PoE and move back to AA. Now I have AHK and Assist running and I don't need to start Assist (which would check AHK). Joining a server will start AA and then Assist will check if I have AHK running and I get flagged -> AA closes.

The thing is I wouldn't get flagged and banned if Assist had said in the first case that "AHK is bannable offense, this is your last warning" or something like that. 

to avoid getting banned add the stuff into your mouse setting instead, like everyone who uses ahk does and gets away with it. Assist only bans the ones stupid enough to have an exe running. It's kinda rediculous that you only ban the ones who runs exe's and not the ones having it in their mouse as macros. It can be spotted within 10 seconds if someone uses macros. And I fucking guarantee that atleast 40% of the actice community has it.

But the thing is I don't have any code regarding America's Army. As you can see my code can only be used in Hitman, Arma3 and Path of Exile.

I have learnt my lesson, but I still need to wait a week for playing again. This means that I cannot bring my friends with me and grow the small population, which is in my opinion the top priority at the moment.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 07:16:14 AM by Jakeke »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 07:53:19 AM »
So your excuse is that you weren't cheating in AA but rather was cheating in other games?

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 08:14:15 AM »
How can you give such a guarantee if you have no way of proving it?
My proof is my experience and eye for AHK's. It ain't rocketscience. Bart, Goncalo and any other player that knows what to look for can say the exact same thing.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »
Not really.
The only thing you can definitively say is that it seems odd to you. Unless you can see a program running on their computer doing this shit, you can't really prove it.

I'm not saying those macros are OK, because they're not, but I'm pretty sure that the % of people using them is not 40. Just join a regular pub server and you'll see so many players who don't really know what they're doing and even if they're using these macros, it isn't giving them any visible advantages because it still takes a second for them to start firing after they see an enemy.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Online Bart!

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 09:03:42 AM »
My proof is my experience and eye for AHK's. It ain't rocketscience. Bart, Goncalo and any other player that knows what to look for can say the exact same thing.
These are evidences, not proof.

I do agree with you that I can spot them by watching them, but I need a variety of resources to proof it in order to justify a ban, so I can be 100% sure I did not ban someone who did not deserve it.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »
These are evidences, not proof.

I do agree with you that I can spot them by watching them, but I need a variety of resources to proof it in order to justify a ban, so I can be 100% sure I did not ban someone who did not deserve it.
And since there isnt any way to prove shit, we'd have to rely on people that know what to look for. Seeing you are admin, and can spot the same things I can, you do the math. It's that contra having people running around doing whatever they want.

Offline Jakeke

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »
It has been a week already, let me out!
 :banned:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:22:18 AM »
OMG there are still some people with humor on these forums, god bless you, I'd unban you just for that !

Just wait for an admin to see this, they probably forgot about you

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 08:05:08 AM »
+1
nice one.

Online Bart!

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 11:39:33 AM »
It was just one week today, but I like your sense of humour ;) It made me laugh as well

I removed the ban

Have fun playing and do NOT forget to turn AHK off (better is to just uninstall it of course ;) )

Offline Jakeke

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »
Thanks Bart!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager