Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Bans without "hard proofs"  (Read 26425 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Bans without "hard proofs"
« Reply #150 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 17:58:09 PM »
Wallhack is easy to spot because the hacker will often follow the player with his crosshair through the wall.
I used to try and do that with sound (back when I had any), but as I didn't actually see the enemy, its hard to tell how accurately I traced his movements...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #151 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 19:30:00 PM »
The other thing you have to take into account for this game in particular is the effectivness of a good sound card/headset because for an example everyone who plays competitive or has good sound knows where everyone is based on sound alone.

Theres a clear difference. People with sound wont follow other through walls. Bad wallhackers will.

Nick: you'd be surprised how accurately people could be pin pointed with good sound.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline inverseKID

« Reply #152 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 20:20:58 PM »

Nick: you'd be surprised how accurately people could be pin pointed with good sound.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #153 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 20:27:25 PM »
Sound is for noobs. So are graphics. The best AA pro players are actually blind and deaf. True fact.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #154 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 20:38:15 PM »
I can pin point people where they are with sound... im just saying and some of yall posting here know what I mean.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 22:28:19 PM »
I can pin point people where they are with sound... im just saying and some of yall posting here know what I mean.

Some people "pin point" with sound, some with ghosting, some with other stuff...

But I don't care what method is used for "pin pointing", as they all are indistinguishable. And "pin pointing" is bad and therefore bannable.

;-P
« Last Edit: Friday, August 03, 2012, 22:31:24 PM by pit-23 »

Offline john

« Reply #156 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 22:53:14 PM »
So with that logic someone with good sound will get banned? lmao this is so funny

Offline Alex

« Reply #157 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 22:53:57 PM »
So with that logic someone with good sound will get banned? lmao this is so funny
I guess you missed the smiley face at the end of his post.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #158 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 23:01:53 PM »

lol john u so funny  :D

2-18 on Mout... hmm i guess you have no sound card at all. Buy one.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 23:22:46 PM »
Here is an update to my dictatorship "no proof" ban rule, which I think will make everybody a little bit more happier (well, honestly I don't care about making you happier, but this change actually has logical sense):

First ban of this kind is a temporary "warning" ban (e.g. for 1-4 weeks). Second is permanent.

Rationale:
Because "no proof" ban method is prone to errors by definition, this will minimize banning of innocent players, while at the same time, it will not affect banning of cheaters. Possible scenarios:
- innocent people banned will be released and happy
- accidental cheaters ("my cat jumped on keyboard and it executed inject.exe") will be released and may even become legit players (lol)
- real cheaters will still cheat, but maybe more carefully this time (less owning), if not, they will be caught eventually anyway

So now i will unban _all_ accounts banned using this method (those were all temp bans, according to above).
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 00:21:58 AM by pit-23 »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #160 on: Friday, August 03, 2012, 23:33:11 PM »
now feel the aimbotage over you guys! xD
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 00:00:33 AM »
Here is an update to my dictatorship "no proof" ban rule, which I think will make everybody a little bit more happier (well, honestly I don't care about making you happier, but this change actually has logical sense):

First ban of this kind is a temporary "warning" ban (e.g. for 1 week). Second is permanent.

Rationale:
Because "no proof" ban method is prone to errors by definition, this will minimize banning of innocent players, while at the same time, it will not affect banning of cheaters. Possible scenarios:
- innocent people banned will be released and happy
- accidental cheaters ("my cat jumped on keyboard and it executed inject.exe") will be released and may even become legit players (lol)
- real cheaters will still cheat, but maybe more carefully this time (less owning), if not, they will be caught eventually anyway

So now i will unban _all_ accounts banned using this method (those were all temp bans, according to above).

This is much much better.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #162 on: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 00:16:08 AM »
Hooah ! lol
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #163 on: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 04:42:47 AM »
Nice decision :D

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, August 04, 2012, 21:15:10 PM »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager