Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Not possible to get into a server  (Read 6899 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Not possible to get into a server
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 18:09:04 PM »
Are you sure all the necessary ports are open?
Forwarded Incoming UDP Ports:
1716, 1717

Allowed Outgoing UDP Ports:
20046, 20047, 27900

more about:
http://aao25.com/forum/server-support/running-an-assist-server-ports-ip's/msg11152/#msg11152

if this does not work, let me know. we will find a solution for sure.

Also, did you try just 1 server or did you try several different ones?

Another thing.
I saw a weird error on you from a few hours back regarding armyops path.
So what if you try and create a folder called "25Assist" where your 25Assist.exe is. Both of those can be anywhere within your system and you can have a shortcut to 25Assist.exe on your desktop. Make sure there is enough space, though (AA takes around 4GB I believe).
You should be able to move the folder you already have in your AppData\Roaming folder.

In order to play online with other people, you will have to start AA through Assist as this is what we use to authenticate people since the US Army dropped official support for the game years ago.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Chr1sySaan

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 13:09:55 PM »
For the life of me I can only find the 25assist on my desktop. The army ops file as well only found if I search. For some reason I can't just find the same folder for everything.

I have an assist.libs folder thats about it. Driving me insane because I'm desperate to play.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 14:31:44 PM »
For the life of me I can only find the 25assist on my desktop. The army ops file as well only found if I search. For some reason I can't just find the same folder for everything.

I have an assist.libs folder thats about it. Driving me insane because I'm desperate to play.
To find out where armyops is, go to aao25.com/support/#faq and look at the first item.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager