Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY

Author Topic: Anyone else miss the way things used to be?  (Read 10034 times)

Offline robbinsdw

Re: Anyone else miss the way things used to be?
« Reply #45 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »
I started playing when the first released Operations... so around 1.1 I believe - a buddy of mine got me interested, and I remembered I struggled with the PC spec requirements for a while. My original account was hacked at some point by a fellow clan member at the time (found out later), so I had to start my honor and training all over the time. I remember the first map I played was Tunnel, and spent a lot of my original hours playing Mount McKenna, Farm Raid and Bridge.

Towards the end, I was obsessed with Weapons Cache, then Weapons Cache SE... Always loved Bridge, Pipeline and of course all of their SF versions. SF Hospital was really the only "SF" map I enjoyed and then I moved on. Glad to be back - trying to get my friend who used to play, to get back into it, but it's hard when your not a kid anymore, and bedtime isn't 4:00AM like it used to be.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #46 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
I certainly find myself missing the way things used to be. I started around 12 years ago now.

I remember being able to pick any map you wanted and even having a choice of servers on almost all maps there were. At one time I was in a SF Courtyard whoring clan and I remember there was always servers on the map, last I played it hardly ever saw any playtime.

And I surely remember playing AA all night. Being from Europe, it was clear I should have gone to sleep hours ago when the US brethren started going to sleep (even though their time was 8-10h behind mine)... Oh those were the times. I even remember playing a 12h session (my longest I do believe) once (in fact it shows here, too)

With that said, this is an old game and I would say that we're lucky we still have a player base at all.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline robbinsdw

« Reply #47 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »
With that said, this is an old game and I would say that we're lucky we still have a player base at all.

Well said - I was surprised to see the support was still there. Great job to the AAO25 Assist team for keeping it alive - it's hard to grow the community though with the younger generations only interested in instant respawns, rocket packs, and running up walls...

I am glad to be a part of this community now, and hope it holds on a while longer...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Download Server Manager