Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Assist Linux Server Manager error  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Assist Linux Server Manager error
« on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
I clicked "create server" and it downloaded the files. In the end part of downloading it said: "Exception of class NilClassException was not handled. Closing the program." or something like that. When I clicked ok, it closed server manager. I tried to restart it, same thing. There was in server0 folder a file called system, no system folder, and system.7z. I couldnt extract system.7z so I deleted that file plus system file and tried to start assist server manager, which worked. It didnt show "server0" at all, I clicked "create server" again and now its downloading the files.

Hopefully will work this time. What could be the problem?

EDIT: Downloaded again. While unpacking the last part, the error came. Also when I tried manually to extract files from system.7z in terminal with 7za. "error: cannot open file as archive."
« Last Edit: Monday, February 15, 2016, 12:10:07 PM by Pipez0r »

Offline Pipez0r

Re: Assist Linux Server Manager error
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 13:22:52 PM »
Is there a possibility to download system.7z separately and extract it? Would it work so? It seems for me that the .7z is corrupt.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 13:26:58 PM »
If I remember correctly, the system package in the last of the main 11 packages, so if it doesn't have the first 10, system.7z will not help.

Try to change the download server in Assist Server Manager

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 13:42:24 PM »
It downloaded all packages and was at 11/11 when the error came. I downloaded the system.7z and that worked, no more error. Still I have one problem: Server manager doesnt show the server.

EDIT: I solved it. There was a .zip ld something, which included some files including aa25.ini. I found out that system folder didnt include that file, so I copied it there and now server manager shows the server.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 15, 2016, 13:44:43 PM by Pipez0r »

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 14:08:06 PM »
D'oh, another problem. Assist server manager doesnt start the server.

EDIT: Ok its running but as totally background process. Next I would need to know in Linux how to run also second server (on windows it seems easy.)

Another thing is that that I cannot find out what is now blocking that aa server :D where is the port closed or something..
« Last Edit: Monday, February 15, 2016, 14:43:20 PM by Pipez0r »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager