Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: samsung ssd  (Read 22090 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: samsung ssd
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 06:44:03 AM »
Have you tried to clear the CMOS yet? It will reset the bios settings, wouldn't hurt...the procedure is usually described on the mother board manual (usually it involves using a little contact bridge thingie).
Well it's in the hands of the warranty people now.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 07:15:54 AM »
Well it's in the hands of the warranty people now.
Oh well I thought you were asking for help cause you were going to give it a chance and look it up a bit on your own...but yeah, if the motherboard died you can't do anything by yourself.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 14:28:07 PM »
Well found out its my motherboard that's bad, good that I have a 3 year warranty still

Well time to get some updated components while I have down time

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 23:33:24 PM »
Are you 100% sure it's the motherboard? Typically they don't die unless you're really going in and cranking the voltage settings. Most all BSOD's I get when installing Windows are due to memory or disk failure. Though, I guess if your motherboard's chipset went tits up, you'd get the same result.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 00:21:37 AM »
Are you 100% sure it's the motherboard? Typically they don't die unless you're really going in and cranking the voltage settings. Most all BSOD's I get when installing Windows are due to memory or disk failure. Though, I guess if your motherboard's chipset went tits up, you'd get the same result.

Yea took it in to get 2nd and 3rd opinion,  wouldn't boot up at all in windows
Fuck it it's still under warranty, gives me time to see what cpu cooler I want liquid or water cooling

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 00:25:30 AM »
Yea took it in to get 2nd and 3rd opinion,  wouldn't boot up at all in windows
Fuck it it's still under warranty, gives me time to see what cpu cooler I want liquid or water cooling
Unless you plan to heavily overclock your CPU don't waste your time on liquid/water cooling. It's not worth the upkeep.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 02:13:01 AM »
Unless you plan to heavily overclock your CPU don't waste your time on liquid/water cooling. It's not worth the upkeep.

x2

If noise is a concern, the new motherboards I'm seeing either have or can have (through BIOS updates) silent fan options where the fan doesn't turn on until a certain temperature.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
i did try water cooling the cpu only once. i will never do that again :(
full of troubles with pump and others - and you have to give water like to a plant :) if you like that, go for it :)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »
Then What do yous think of the corsair H100i gtx??????

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 14:37:45 PM »
Then What do yous think of the corsair H100i gtx??????
I don't see how an expensive liquid cooling system is supposed to change my mind. Unless you're doing some extreme overclocking, just buy a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo and be done with it. You'll get no benefit from the liquid cooling and it's a hassle to deal with.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 16:14:01 PM »
I don't see how an expensive liquid cooling system is supposed to change my mind. Unless you're doing some extreme overclocking, just buy a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo and be done with it. You'll get no benefit from the liquid cooling and it's a hassle to deal with.

I've used the h100 before never had to worry about nothing,  far as overlooking I get my processor to steady  5.0 not that I need it that fast, I just like fucking around seeing what I can get out of it

Offline Alex

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 18:06:09 PM »
I've used the h100 before never had to worry about nothing,  far as overlooking I get my processor to steady  5.0 not that I need it that fast, I just like fucking around seeing what I can get out of it
If you don't need it that fast I'd recommend not doing it. It shortens the lifespan of the CPU.
As for the liquid cooling, hey if you want to waste money (yes, waste) go for it. If you're not some OC junkie or benchmark hero just get a nice air cooler and save the money for something else like a game. That's what the average PC gamer would do.
I will ask you this though. Why do you want it? Do you actually want it because it keeps your PC cooler? Or because it looks cooler? Just remember, when you're gaming you're not looking inside your PC.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 19:00:01 PM »
If you don't need it that fast I'd recommend not doing it. It shortens the lifespan of the CPU.
As for the liquid cooling, hey if you want to waste money (yes, waste) go for it. If you're not some OC junkie or benchmark hero just get a nice air cooler and save the money for something else like a game. That's what the average PC gamer would do.
I will ask you this though. Why do you want it? Do you actually want it because it keeps your PC cooler? Or because it looks cooler? Just remember, when you're gaming you're not looking inside your PC.

my other corsair was keeping my temps steady at 25 to 28 , why i want it???  cause i can get it for $55.00 1/2 price lol, back door sale ahahah,  just picked up a HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive  for $300.00, need something til i get my motherboard back, now to see how this runs on 27" and keyboard, mouse,

btw think i lost all my accts for aa guess i'll keep looking , fuck don't think i saved info before wiping hd, o well i can always make new acct

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 24, 2015, 21:33:54 PM »
HAHA, 0.86 K/D precious ratio you worked so hard for is now _GONE_!

Lol I could of had 0.10 and wouldn't care, frag rate on a 11 year old game at it's most "70 players" on,  is for nothing more then 4 little nooblets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 25, 2015, 07:39:57 AM »
the datas of your account are not on the disc. just the settings like your cheats and others are saved there :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager