Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hi. Im having alot of troubles with AA2.5  (Read 4380 times)

Offline noobybrothers

Hi. Im having alot of troubles with AA2.5
« on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 18:56:04 PM »
Hi I have a bunch of questions!

#1 how does the game work now do I have to sign in to the game or just the Battletracker website (like do I use my battle tracker name to sign into the game, through the in-game login menu, or just the BT website?

#2 how does assist25 work, and do I need it even though I have already downloaded AA2.5?

#3 Is there anyway of getting my old honor level 44 back?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Hi. Im having alot of troubles with AA2.5
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 18:59:06 PM »
1. You sign into Assist, there's a login box on the main page. You sign in with your Battletracker username and password. You set your AA in-game name via your Battletracker account, on the Tracker Settings page: http://battletracker.com/index.php?form=TrackerSettings

2. Yes you need Assist. It is the only way to play with others. It has a built-in server list, account authentication, anti-cheat, tools and everything. If you already downloaded AA, you can use the "find" option in Assist.

3. Yes but you need to provide proof and post a request in the proper section of the forum.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline noobybrothers

« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 19:15:51 PM »
Does it matter where I install the assist im sorry I am asking again but trying to find the post where I was told where to put it well it hard then a needle in a hay stack. can you give me the link where to put it on a windows 8 OS
please I can't find the folder that I was told to put it in.

Offline noobybrothers

« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 19:20:45 PM »
And the webpage where you download assist says to put it in C:\Users\D\Start Menu\Programs\Games\AA35\ With windows 8 the start menu is completely different and I can't find anything like that file location.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 19:22:48 PM »
You can put it anywhere you want as long as the folder and .exe are together. It's simply a preference of where you would like it.

If you don't like Windows 8 and want some Windows 7 functionality back, I would suggest grabbing ClassicShell but it is not necessary to use Assist.

Offline noobybrothers

« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 19:54:39 PM »
Now im having troubles doing training I get a critical error report and this is what it says

Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3111 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: ASUS HD7670 Series (1140)

LockRect failed: D3DERR_DEVICELOST

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::Present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Rifle Range [Infantry M16 Training] <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 20:02:06 PM »
Go to the Assist SETTINGS tab and click on Reset + Repair AA and then go to the SITREP tab and click on RE-INSTALL next to DirectX.

Offline noobybrothers

« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 20:06:26 PM »
Nope still getting critical error message

Offline noobybrothers

« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 20:07:13 PM »
Does player name have to be the same as login name?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 20:42:00 PM »
No, playername under tracker settings is the name you wish to use in AA, it can be whatever you want.

The critical error message has popped up a few times on here lately. Try playing in windowed mode, that should work. We have no idea why this happens.

Offline noobybrothers

« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 02, 2013, 23:07:53 PM »
hey thanks for the help everyone! I got it working and am able to get into the game! The only thing that I am having troubles with is getting the game to work on full-screen.

JonnyM

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 02:30:11 AM »
It should be set to windowed mode by default, I notice he has an ASUS gpu, i don't know how good asus drivers are for direct3d?

Edit, no it does not, am changing packages to set windowed mode as default.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 02:31:49 AM by JonnyM »

Offline Alex

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 02:33:43 AM »
It should be set to windowed mode by default, I notice he has an ASUS gpu, i don't know how good asus drivers are for direct3d?

Edit, no it does not, am changing packages to set windowed mode as default.

Doesn't matter. AMD provides the drivers, not ASUS. ASUS merely manufactures the cards and provides a download to the drivers AMD gives them.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 02:41:04 AM »
GPU card manufacturers don't really make drivers these days. I'd be surprised if there are any re-branded drivers anymore either.
*EDIT* Killa beats me to it while I type a more detailed reply...

We saw this issue on that guy's laptop with the Intel video too, same critical if I recall right. I also recall another person having this issue.

From Microsoft (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb174714(v=vs.85).aspx):
Devices can also be lost due to a power management event, or when another application assumes full-screen operation. In addition, any failure from IDirect3DDevice9::Reset puts the device into a lost state.
I know there's PCI-E power management settings and Windows 8 has less aero effects so maybe the GPU idled down and couldn't be brought back? Just guessing here.

Maybe it's also possible that the default fullscreen resolution values aren't compatible with that specific graphics card/monitor so the game crashes? Idea from here:
http://windows7themes.net/fix-error-setting-display-mode-createdevice-failed-d3derr_devicelost.html

nooby, what's your monitors native resolution? Can you try to set it with setres? Example "setres 1680x1050" in the AA console. Once you do that, go into the AA settings and tick the fullscreen box. See what happens?

JonnyM

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 03, 2013, 04:47:30 AM »
Didn't i hear someone say it was the new TS3 that is causing this?
If someone can prove that we should submit a bug report to teamspeak.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager