Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Does AA2 still playable/active?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Takeda

Does AA2 still playable/active?
« on: Monday, December 05, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »
Hello ,after ages i didn't play AA2 and since AA3 is shit (at least in my opinion).
I wanna know if there is still community for AA2 ? if there is people that still play it ? if yeah, how i can download it? (i can't find it on steam anymore.. only AA3 and proving grounds).

Offline ronski

Re: Does AA2 still playable/active?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 05, 2016, 08:45:03 AM »
Hello ,after ages i didn't play AA2 and since AA3 is shit (at least in my opinion).
I wanna know if there is still community for AA2 ? if there is people that still play it ? if yeah, how i can download it? (i can't find it on steam anymore.. only AA3 and proving grounds).
There are still players around, it's always nice to see old players returning.

Click on Download link from main navigation bar at top right corner,  it pops up a prompt window; choose your operation system and download game client. Unzip all the contents from dowloaded .zip file to your computer and then run the unzipped exe file. If you are using Windows 10 you most likely have to run Assist as Administrator after you have installed it, not sure if the installer exe file needs to be executed as Administrator as well.

If you dont have battletracker account yet, Assist client will guide you to create one. Account activation process is automatic and instead of waiting for hours for account to be activated or activation link to be recieved it actually happens a lot faster if your hardware has no connections to other existin player accounts. If you wont recieve activation emails to your email account, check junk / trash folders as well

Welcome back
« Last Edit: Monday, December 05, 2016, 08:48:58 AM by ronski »

Offline Takeda

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 05, 2016, 09:07:21 AM »
There are still players around, it's always nice to see old players returning.

Click on Download link from main navigation bar at top right corner,  it pops up a prompt window; choose your operation system and download game client. Unzip all the contents from dowloaded .zip file to your computer and then run the unzipped exe file. If you are using Windows 10 you most likely have to run Assist as Administrator after you have installed it, not sure if the installer exe file needs to be executed as Administrator as well.

If you dont have battletracker account yet, Assist client will guide you to create one. Account activation process is automatic and instead of waiting for hours for account to be activated or activation link to be recieved it actually happens a lot faster if your hardware has no connections to other existin player accounts. If you wont recieve activation emails to your email account, check junk / trash folders as well

Welcome back

Thanks you.
I just create battletracker account and waiting for admin activation process ,hope it will take few minutes and not few hours :cool:

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 05, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »
Thanks you.
I just create battletracker account and waiting for admin activation process ,hope it will take few minutes and not few hours :cool:
it shouldn't, did you notice the edited part from the post above :)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 05, 2016, 10:34:04 AM »
The account was automatically activated an hour and 20 minutes ago:
http://battletracker.com/index.php?page=AAOPlayerStats&pid=870223

I'd like to add to Ronski's post:
The US Army dropped official support for the game in late 2011. That's why the original account playerbase is completely gone and why we use Battletracker account to verify users.

Also, it might be interesting to know that while the verison of AA is technically 2.5, a lot of features from later versions (including maps, faster flash, minimap/SAI and so on) have been (re)introduced.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager