Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: problems with new name  (Read 5125 times)

Offline -!DeadandBroken!-

problems with new name
« on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
2 days ago i changed clans from 82nd to -iL^....found out i had an illegal charactor in my name so i waited 2 days to change it....now that i changed it im gettin the same problem....i did everything on BT and not assist i login into BT and it says my new can not be found, nor when i login into assist to play get the same msg, quote account login OK but im asked to set a AAO player name, i just dont get it. my aao playername is the same name as i login into BT need help

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: problems with new name
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 13:06:56 PM »
ill let u use 1 of my accts til u get it sorted out evil if u like,
u dont login in assist  with user name u used for bt, mine are different logins

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 14:29:45 PM »
If it tells you to enter an AAO playername, then you've made a new account.

You want to change the playername of your old account:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/824526/

Right now BT seems to be down so I can't check for details.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 14:40:42 PM »
If it tells you to enter an AAO playername, then you've made a new account.

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/824526/

Right now BT seems to be down so I can't check for details.
He has empty space in the middle of his playername, which is not allowed to use and causes unsuccessful login.

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 14:44:30 PM »
highly unlikely teddy coz i know i cant make another account due to the one nick per pc rule all i did was change the nick from 82nd account to a -iL^ name

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 14:48:54 PM »
yes I got that one too when I had illegal char on my playername. I tried to use ASCII char, but it didnt work, Assists asked to rename the playername again.

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 15:05:25 PM »
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/824526/        this is my old 82nd account, which i did change the name on

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 16:04:35 PM »
I see it now, when I last posted, battletracker was down so I couldn't see the details.

You definitely can't have spaces in your name, however, it shouldn't say you need to choose a new playername because of disallowed characters in the name. It shouldn't say you need to set your AAO playername.

But yeah, just change it tomorrow and if you still have a problem, post again.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 18:49:34 PM »
I see it now, when I last posted, battletracker was down so I couldn't see the details.

You definitely can't have spaces in your name, however, it shouldn't say you need to choose a new playername because of disallowed characters in the name. It shouldn't say you need to set your AAO playername.

But yeah, just change it tomorrow and if you still have a problem, post again.
But it does.. Do you have some test accounts? Try to rename an account with some illegal char on it and then try to log in. Assist complains about the playername and then it gives you a chance to change the playername. If I remember right, changing the name from that way doesn't work, correct me if Im wrong.

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 20:20:56 PM »
about to give up and delete altogether..... my kid has an account but doesnt know her password, so i requested a new one got thru her email, typed it in BT and it comes up, but when i log into assist it say wrong password, even thou i got an email with the new password....smthing is goin on

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 20:24:04 PM »
"You can use whichever account that is activated within Assist and play on whichever computer you like."   <---- from teddy
got this msg thru teddy, coz i asked him if i could play my kids account, and this was his response.....but its not working

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 21:22:31 PM »
about to give up and delete altogether..... my kid has an account but doesnt know her password, so i requested a new one got thru her email, typed it in BT and it comes up, but when i log into assist it say wrong password, even thou i got an email with the new password....smthing is goin on
Seems like a BT issue. If she is unable to access her account we can deactivate it and activate a new one for her.

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 22:10:47 PM »
I was tryin to play her account on my computer instead of her laptop, as teddy says i can... quote can play any activated account on any computer

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 22:48:09 PM »
I was tryin to play her account on my computer instead of her laptop, as teddy says i can... quote can play any activated account on any computer
You can as far as on our end. We don't limit how many PCs you can play on with a single account. If the account is activated and you are still unable to log-in, it's not a problem on our end.

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 06, 2015, 22:50:23 PM »
Its been nothing but a HUGE problem since i left 82nd to join -iL^ 3 days ago

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager