Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: F12 "admin key" doesn't work on Mac OSX  (Read 2424 times)

Offline ..Ba^La..Targa..^..

F12 "admin key" doesn't work on Mac OSX
« on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 14:38:53 PM »
Hello guys. You helped me a lot with another problem I had playing the game some time ago and for that I say thank you. Those little things surely keep the game from dying.

I play on a Mac Mini, so I use this apple keyboard...

So I've been assigned Admin in my clan's server, but the F12 key just doesn't work and I also couldn't find on "configure controls" any key assigned to admin's function. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance dudes : )

Offline ronski

Re: F12 "admin key" doesn't work on Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 05:40:59 AM »
I can feel your pain, I have the same problem with mac keyboard. I solved this simply by connecting windows-keyboard via usb to my mac-keyboards usb-port. Sounds awful but works like a charm. I guess there is a possibility to bind that command somewhere somehow.

I got a bit curious about how to use functions of F1 - F12 buttons in mac-keyboard, and made a google search. First result was: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/85978/how-to-use-f1-f12-keys-with-macbook and I think this helps all of us :) 

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 06:08:24 AM »
Hello guys. You helped me a lot with another problem I had playing the game some time ago and for that I say thank you. Those little things surely keep the game from dying.

I play on a Mac Mini, so I use this apple keyboard...

So I've been assigned Admin in my clan's server, but the F12 key just doesn't work and I also couldn't find on "configure controls" any key assigned to admin's function. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance dudes : )

This is the bind that is on a "normal" keyboard:
Code: [Select]
F12=admin CommandPost
Edit your User.ini and add "admin CommandPost" to another key, for instance:
Code: [Select]
Q=admin CommandPost
Should result in the admin page showing id you press Q.

You can edit User.ini from the "Settings\Game\" tab in the 25Assist Client.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »
Thanks ELiZ, thats very helpful! Im biding it immediately and throw that windows-keyboard away.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 13:46:33 PM »
Additionally, you could also just type in console: bind X admin CommandPost

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager