Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Worst case scenario  (Read 10895 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Worst case scenario
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »
It was just my opinion dont do drama agai.. ok? I dont meean about ghosting... for exemple you are on west wing.. 3 seke guys playing together.. and they how a clan do all good. 1 come from 1 side 2  from other and get you too easy. nice team work. If they play like independent players it woould be hard for all cach each other.. maybe you understans me.. but i am not speaking in particular about seke.. it was just a.good exeple
I think everyone can understand your point. They're playing together as a team and it's therefore harder for the enemies.
However, this game is meant to emphasize teamwork and that's just what they're doing. It's exactly the kind of thing real soldiers do - if they know there's an enemy somewhere and they know that there are multiple ways to get to him that are otherwise clear, they will most definitely use the opportunity.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
Lets say worst case scenario, this game completely dies soon again. What can we replace it with? I mean i love this community that we build here and i think we should stick together no matter what. We've been playing this game for a long time and we are "The last of a dying breed" so i think it would be a great thing for us to remain a united community no matter what happens to the game. So what other game can we replace this with?

you can go and play - as many of us - aa4 (America's Army Proving Ground). you are welcome there, and its not a baby community, it's all adult.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 14:49:45 PM »
you can go and play - as many of us - aa4 (America's Army Proving Ground). you are welcome there, and its not a baby community, it's all adult.
I wish you partecipated to some "anticheat" fb groups, you'd have a slightly different opinion...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 15:29:12 PM »
:) as always i guess. but so is life

Offline Bart!

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 16:27:23 PM »
I already got kicked from a server again today without doing anything wrong except for killing 4 people with 1 magazine...

Offline Mr.Green

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 21:26:30 PM »

I gotta get a new computer for that. Currently in process of ordering it and then i have to assemble it and then i will give AA4 a try

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 02:05:48 AM »
Green, the beginning is hard as on every game. If you wish, we can show you some things to get comfortable with this new game. I am on Steam swissmerlin. call me, i'll be there. Or when i play aa2 as well, if you have any questions about Steam/aa4, do not hesitate to ask.

and it's aa4 (like on aa2), so if you jump on a server with noob admins, you could be get kicked out as Bart did say. i go often on elite^warriors server, good maps as well as on the 3rd server aa2 maps like urban, hospital vip, insurgent camp, also border and many more nice maps.

Offline Mr.Green

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 22:18:06 PM »
Green, the beginning is hard as on every game. If you wish, we can show you some things to get comfortable with this new game. I am on Steam swissmerlin. call me, i'll be there. Or when i play aa2 as well, if you have any questions about Steam/aa4, do not hesitate to ask.

and it's aa4 (like on aa2), so if you jump on a server with noob admins, you could be get kicked out as Bart did say. i go often on elite^warriors server, good maps as well as on the 3rd server aa2 maps like urban, hospital vip, insurgent camp, also border and many more nice maps.

Merlin thank u so much for the words of comfort. When i get the new pc i will definitely give aa4 a try and u will deff be my go to person after that. thanks once again :) 

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 28, 2016, 17:56:29 PM »
The answer is nothing, otherwise we would have done it. People have different computers and different desires. We could move to another game but a lot of people would be lost, some couldn't play it, some wouldn't like it. AA is what it is and nothing will replace it. Those that are comfortable playing similar games have already done so for the last 5+ years (AAPG, Insurgency, ARMA, etc).
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 04:52:57 AM »
i say vote spanky for president  :up:

wise words.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
i did try many other games, and only aa2 was comfortable for me. but now its also - after a long long time of beta and updates - a very good game. so it is.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 12:58:38 PM »
i did try many other games, and only aa2 was comfortable for me. but now its also - after a long long time of beta and updates - a very good game. so it is.
Aapg you mean? Imho the beta worked better for a good amount of reasons, but the hardware requirements for the game in both of its "shapes" are rather high, considering it is a free game (most free games do have very low requirements to start with to gather to a broader amount of people). Also, the user interface in the *final* release is ugly in comparison to the old beta, particularly the font which scales just awful if you use anything lower than native resolution, and again, it is obvious that with that hardware req plenty of people need to lower graphic options in order to play.
The game is filled with similar "minor" issues which taken alone aren't a big deal, but as a whole make for lack of refinement (and its funny, the old beta was more refined in a couple of its parts, particularly sound which worked more consistently across users). As a whole Aapg still potentially makes for a lot of fun, provided you play with a decent team and you have a decent system.

P.s. Source: 2000 hours played on the old beta + around 350 hours on the final release.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 29, 2016, 13:12:55 PM by Koden »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 04:04:22 AM »
If all else fails I've started converting the AA2 maps to the AAPG Engine:
http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4869/all-of-the-aa2-maps#latest

Then it's up to you the players to try and convince the AAPG Devs to close the gap in AA2 and AAPG game mechanics.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
If all else fails I've started converting the AA2 maps to the AAPG Engine:
http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4869/all-of-the-aa2-maps#latest

Then it's up to you the players to try and convince the AAPG Devs to close the gap in AA2 and AAPG game mechanics.

We already tried, they won't

Offline ronski

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »
I wish there was mac version of aa:pg....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager