Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: What are you interested in?  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
What are you interested in?
« on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Rant about what you love. I look forward to commenting :)

I love philosophy and metaphysics. All day I think about the true nature of reality and I plan on writing not only books on my philosophy and perspective, but fiction novels with metaphysical philosophy tied in. I also love meditation and meditate regularly in my free time and every night before sleep.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Jason

• View Profile
Re: What are you interested in?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 13:39:50 PM »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 13:42:12 PM »
D'awww happy valentine's day, love.

You still see John? Get his goofy-lookin' ass on AA. I don't remember his brother's name but he was pretty cool too. I think he had a brother at least, that was a loooong time ago.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:36:55 PM »
Short & sweet:
Computers, quality audio, small engine repair, gardening.
That's all I can think of for now.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 15:12:49 PM »
Old cars (sometimes motorbikes), books, my cats, a little photography. And AA :)

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:02:57 PM »
When you find something that you love is quite rewarding to keep on doing it.

Baseball: I have been playing basebal since i was 4 years old (istill do). is a kids game played by grown ups. is a physical and mental game at the same time.

Computers: Loved them, is what gives me my pay check every month!

And ofcourse girls! 8)
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:21:29 PM »
Computers and sports. I also find some history fascinating ,mostly ancient history. Used to use photoshop a lot but I kinda lost interest in it.

Jared

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:24:51 PM »
I love my job which is user experience designer and front end developer.

But on a non business level I love to hunt and fish, it's truely the only time I get to spend with my dad. Plus I love that I get no phone calls or email I just get to shut off from the world

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:56:02 PM »
Responsible drug use. Definitely slowing down now, but I plan on rewarding myself with some acid after I finish this paper. I personally prefer psilocybin mushrooms but two hits of acid for $10 vs an eighth of booms for anywhere from $35 to $50 makes the decision quite easy.

I love altered states of mind and consciousness, and although I don't want to make meditation seem like something as sketchy as drug use, my interest in meditation and my interest in drug use are intertwined.

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 23:47:28 PM »
Definitely +1 for you on that last post, Archi. I'm always interested in looking through different windows of perception - I love getting new points of view on life. Drugs have been life changing, but in a good way. They've helped me straighten my priorities out this semester, and I'm doing much better because of it. But you have to be responsible in all of your dealings with drugs.

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:09:18 AM »
Definitely +1 for you on that last post, Archi. I'm always interested in looking through different windows of perception - I love getting new points of view on life. Drugs have been life changing, but in a good way. They've helped me straighten my priorities out this semester, and I'm doing much better because of it. But you have to be responsible in all of your dealings with drugs.
I would love to know how they straightened out your priorities. If anything, i would image drugs being a big time waster. It's not really productive at all.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:19:17 AM »
IMO, "responsible" and "priorities" are different person to person.

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:36:10 AM »
I'd agree with you on that, spanks, and I could see how you think they're a time waster, killa. It's just that drugs have really grounded my outlook on who I am - they've helped my self esteem a lot as well as giving me the ability to just be comfortable with who I am.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:46:55 AM »
It's just that drugs have really grounded my outlook on who I am - they've helped my self esteem a lot as well as giving me the ability to just be comfortable with who I am.

I'm with Killaman on this BUT I will say in fairness of sic that nobody (even the greatest minds of the greatest scientists) really knows how the brain works. It's really tough to say how things in the brain can get altered with various chemicals, even different people have different reactions to the same thing. With all the chemicals* in the environment today slowly leeching into different groups of people with continuing generations (from the father/grandfather that was a farmer that sprayed chemicals to the mother/grandmother that took prescription medication during a pregnancy). There's just sooo many chemicals going every which way in different doses, it's really tough to figure out what "normal" is anymore. Combine these chemicals with a lack of natural selection and natural genetic variance and it's no wonder different people are wired different ways. It's entirely possible a little kick from any chemical could straighten a person out a bit.

For the record though, I still don't agree with or approve mind/conscious altering chemicals except for those that need it to function somewhat normally like those with crippling/chronic pain or cancer patients. It's a crap shoot. I wouldn't want any drug use legal but if you keep it illegal, you're just supporting drug-funded crime and a lack of standards in an underground industry.

chemicals - I use this term loosely to describe anything from prescription meds (especially those that leech/concentrate into drinking water) to street drugs to additives in food.

</rant>

Offline Alex

« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:52:00 AM »
I'd agree with you on that, spanks, and I could see how you think they're a time waster, killa. It's just that drugs have really grounded my outlook on who I am - they've helped my self esteem a lot as well as giving me the ability to just be comfortable with who I am.
Not to be disrespectful but it sounds like you're just trying to justify your bad habit. How can drugs help your self esteem? How can a substance make you more comfortable with who you are? Do you only like yourself when you're high? Because realistically you're only in an altered state of mind while under the influence. Not sure how it would change your views while you're not under the influence. It is possible that your views on life changed, but it's not because of the drugs.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager