Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo  (Read 20910 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 08, 2015, 22:31:41 PM »
Sure is easy to blame religion from your atheist high horses. Some nutjobs are murderers, no reason to generalize an entire religion. Over a thousand people murdered every day and only a few get hours of news coverage and debate. Islamaphobia is bad.

Hello everyone I decided to log in
Most murders aren't a miltary style hit on a specific group of people they are not related to. Most murders are crimes of passion committed by someone they know. This is an unusual circumstance, thus the media coverage. Not often do entire buildings get attack by AK47 wielding terrorists.
Also, it's stupid to suggest the religion isn't partially to blame. So it just so happens that all these militant attacks are carried out by Muslims? That's just some gigantic coincidence? Please. I get that most Muslims aren't like that, but to take religion out of the equation is ridiculous and irresponsible. Of course the religion isn't entirely to blame, most of the blame is still on the people. However, they all claim they're doing it for their religion. How exactly is their religion not involved?
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 08, 2015, 22:37:42 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 08, 2015, 22:40:25 PM »
Because Islam is pretty peaceful, all in all? In this particular case, yes, it's hard to deny religion's involvement. The image that was published a while ago is pretty darn racist, though, and was meant to be inflammatory. They got what they wanted, only on a scale much larger than they expected.

My response was targeted at those who said Islam is stagnant, used the word "Islamist" when they meant to say "jihadist", or said that religion is to blame. This story is huge fucking news in the media because it was Muslims behind it. If white dudes did this it'd be discussed for a few hours then they'd return to debating whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich.

I'm just riled up because I've seen so many racists on twitter calling for nukes and #KillAllMuslims and stuff like that.

*EDIT*
This was also a crime of passion. They just happened to be passionate about their religion.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 08, 2015, 22:43:00 PM by Archeh »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 00:21:01 AM »
Turning the tables, when has religion done anything worthwhile? Aside from being a mental/emotional crutch for people...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 01:19:24 AM »
I think the Catholic Church has got up to a lot of "no-good" in their day, but *religion* as a concept is something I really can't oppose. Then again, I did read Reza Aslan and Karen Armstrong books recently and found both writers to be pretty powerful...

I can't really think of anything meaningful religion has done because I've never felt religious. But I think everyone needs a crutch at one time or another and if they can have that fulfilled by faith rather than alcoholism or substance abuse, two thumbs up. Religious intolerance is really stupid though, and I guess it's only carried out by people who are faithful and very confident in their own beliefs over those of other people so chalk that one up against religion. I'll stop here.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 01:19:55 AM »
Turning the tables, when has religion done anything worthwhile? Aside from being a mental/emotional crutch for people...
They make good money for themselves.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 01:27:38 AM »
But I think everyone needs a crutch at one time or another and if they can have that fulfilled by faith rather than alcoholism or substance abuse, two thumbs up. Religious intolerance is really stupid though, and I guess it's only carried out by people who are faithful and very confident in their own beliefs

I can agree on both points (which I rare between you & me, I know). As an atheist, I couldn't care less about anyone's religion. If you need to believe in something or be spiritual to be good in life, go for it, more power to you. But when it goes from a personal belief to a fact you're willing to die/kill to defend, that is pure insanity. I don't want to bash anyone for believing what they believe, I could easily be wrong in the grand scheme of things. It comes down to freedom, as much as I hate saying that. Anyone should be free to do as they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

All that said, I still feel religion is one of those things that we need to move past as a society, as human kind.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 01:53:37 AM »
All that said, I still feel religion is one of those things that we need to move past as a society, as human kind.

Yes, there's no reason to have [for-profit] collectives of people agreeing about answers to impossibly big questions. You're right when you say it's just a crutch, I can't understand why people seek solidarity in thinking they know stuff like the nature of God or the universe. But many people do, so wishful thinking on that one.

To return to why I came into this thread, there's no reason to post inflammatory images about a prophet of a certain faith when I'd say they are above-average on the persecution scale. Yeah, *poor people* I suppose are the most persecuted people in the world. But I bet if I could find data / could be fucked to look up data on income by religion globally, Muslims are pretty darn poor. I'm reeeeally tired and can't keep track of what I'm trying to say here but basically DON'T HATE MUSLIMS BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY DO BAD THINGS. ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS FOR ALL SORTS OF REASONS, MUSLIMS JUST GET NON-STOP MEDIA COVERAGE ABOUT HOW THEY DO IT FOR ALLAH. I read somewhere earlier today that one of the suspects mentioned US torture in Iraq being a reason why he did it so (in his mind) we started it and we continue to drone strike and torture and so many American and Western policies and norms fuck over people in the Middle East and elsewhere while *as previously mentioned* they are susceptible to propaganda telling them to fight back against the West. . . oh boy what a mess *drifts off into sleep*

*abruptly awakens* oh so yeah maybe tomorrow I'll have some ideas that go beyond Killaman's suggestion to just kill them and "give them their wish"

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 01:59:16 AM »
So to sum up;
Religion is fucked. Media is fucked. People need to calm down.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 02:37:17 AM »
I am Christian, Roman Catholic and I don't see why people are so much in their religion.

As in my religion, we are not allowed to wear any necklaces that involves luck idols and so on but I still wear it sometimes. As what I think, I am happy to believe in my religion, it's just a good feeling to believe in something. I guess that what everyone thinks, they feel good in believing in something. They are religion fanatics. Muslims have their reputation go very low, low each time now, after what happened in Australia too, now it happened in France. Everyone hates Muslims and the only way to stop it for now is no more migration to Europe. I don't want to sound harsh but Muslims are taking over the world, taking over the Europe.

I don't hate Muslim, but their religion is the only people that do such things like terrorism. It's also between parenting and what is happening in their countries. They have conflicts with US but somehow they place their rage on Europe like Europe has done anything to Muslim but better life. Muslims have now so much priority to most of things. WHY Muslims chose Europe as a target is still unknown. We won't hate your religion if you stop being terrorists around the  globe, do something about your religion!!!!

I know what they say, I feel sorry for you, I read news a lot about it and most of the times it comes to US and Muslim conflicts. Kill all Muslims and so on, really harsh, not all the Muslims are like that, but the more you do this kind of stuff the more hate you receive.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 09, 2015, 02:40:57 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 03:04:25 AM »
Hello,

I am agnostic.

All religions have done a lot of good, the problem is with the FANATICS on all sides.

What needs to happen is for all religious leaders on all sides and at every level the same as for non-religious leaders on all sides and at every level to speak out and say the killing is wrong for any reason.

Simple really.

Steve

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 03:50:03 AM »
I guess you don't know this, AAC, but not all terrorists are muslim. Google it or something.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ronny123

« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 04:41:59 AM »
Good morning,i am christian catholic..
The terrorists killers were responsible for the first murder of journalists in Paris and not Islam.
In the United States conducted dozens of heinous crimes in the same way, a machine gun and automatic mass murder and accused of performing only a terrorist and is not a religion, whatever it is.
 media was quick to mention that one of the victims is a Jewish painter and overlooked the fact that the other victim, a cop is Muslim.
That what is published by the magazine does not enter into the door of freedom of opinion and accepted but incitement to religions and religious symbols (of all religions) However, it is not grappling with death, violence and terrorism. This distasteful and unacceptable morally, religiously and in principle.
Crime has coincided with graphics to offend Daash and al-Baghdadi, and not with the vile abuse of the Prophet Muhammad, which got several years ago ..
Criminals Muslim policeman were killed in cold blood outside of the building, which has nothing to do with graphics them ..
These terrorists were Takfirists I love the West for their use against others not Eetmasheun with the West and its projects and divisive colonial Arab world and the Arab and Islamic nation.
There were of course a shock, shock deceived part of the Muslims and made them believe the story that the process is actually "Revenge of the Messenger of God", and Onsthm that the process is revenge from Muslims in France and in the West, who are ahead of them difficult days full of Islamophobia and hatred by a large class of non-Muslim crimes who would fall under the influence of shock and will believe that Muslims embrace the process and that the process was in accordance with the Islamic principles of Islam and for Islam.
And actually attacks on several mosques in France have occurred in the wake of the crime and the fear stalking the Muslims of France and Europe.
Marie Lapin right leader hastened to say that the charge is a criminal who carried out the crime and not all Muslims, while the Israeli right and the Jewish private Naphtali girl rushed to dance on the blood of the French and the innuendo of the hand of Islam and Muslims and gloat what happened to the French ..
Islamophobia is not just a social phenomenon, but rather a pure anti-Semitism
. Always repeat: Islamophobia is anti-Semitic.
I am not a partner and can not be partners in the "# Ana_charli" campaign because they despise religion despite my refusal absolute repudiation of the terrible crime.
I'm with # Ana_mamed campaign ..
We condemn the heinous crime and sympathize with the families of the dead victims, Christians, Jews and Muslims because we hold the values of humanity and sanctify life of all human beings sons.
My heart with the Muslims of France and Europe....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
What I'd like to say is that everybody (and especially France in these dark days) should be carefull with amalgams. Sure the terrorists acted to defend their religion (in their opinion) which happens to be Islam, and ofcourse not all Islamists are terrorists, there are extremists in every religion, but I can understand why it's hard for some people not to hate or be afraid of all Islamists. And I certainly understand too that some crimes are more mediatized than others.

I hope there will be a massive response from the "normal, peacefull" Islamists to this attack to show the world they don't agree with these kind of acts and that it's not the religion that is bad, but the individual.

I don't want to bash anyone for believing what they believe, I could easily be wrong in the grand scheme of things. It comes down to freedom, as much as I hate saying that. Anyone should be free to do as they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else..

It's a quote from Voltaire i've seen alot on the social networks these days that goes like this:

"Je ne suis pas d'accord avec ce que vous dites, mais je me battrai jusqu'? la mort pour que vous ayez le droit de le dire"

which literally means: "I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
« Last Edit: Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:24:30 AM by Ganja »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 13:52:39 PM »
@Ronny *salutes*

@AAC, I laugh at you. Muslims are taking over Europe and the world?

Much of the Middle East is ravaged by violence and explosions. If I lived there, I'd probably just move to Europe cuz there's not much they can do to fight back or reclaim their land or culture when robots patrol the skies and the local elite don't give a shit about them. Your fear reminds me of my grandmother when I talk to her about the #BlackLivesMatter protests.

And lastly,

@Ganja, Voltaire also said that Jews are goat fuckers
« Last Edit: Friday, January 09, 2015, 13:55:52 PM by Archeh »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 14:37:35 PM »
*gasps* they are the 1% in the US!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager