Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Anyone else miss the way things used to be?  (Read 38968 times)

Offline robbinsdw

Re: Anyone else miss the way things used to be?
« Reply #45 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »
I started playing when the first released Operations... so around 1.1 I believe - a buddy of mine got me interested, and I remembered I struggled with the PC spec requirements for a while. My original account was hacked at some point by a fellow clan member at the time (found out later), so I had to start my honor and training all over the time. I remember the first map I played was Tunnel, and spent a lot of my original hours playing Mount McKenna, Farm Raid and Bridge.

Towards the end, I was obsessed with Weapons Cache, then Weapons Cache SE... Always loved Bridge, Pipeline and of course all of their SF versions. SF Hospital was really the only "SF" map I enjoyed and then I moved on. Glad to be back - trying to get my friend who used to play, to get back into it, but it's hard when your not a kid anymore, and bedtime isn't 4:00AM like it used to be.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #46 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
I certainly find myself missing the way things used to be. I started around 12 years ago now.

I remember being able to pick any map you wanted and even having a choice of servers on almost all maps there were. At one time I was in a SF Courtyard whoring clan and I remember there was always servers on the map, last I played it hardly ever saw any playtime.

And I surely remember playing AA all night. Being from Europe, it was clear I should have gone to sleep hours ago when the US brethren started going to sleep (even though their time was 8-10h behind mine)... Oh those were the times. I even remember playing a 12h session (my longest I do believe) once (in fact it shows here, too)

With that said, this is an old game and I would say that we're lucky we still have a player base at all.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline robbinsdw

« Reply #47 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »
With that said, this is an old game and I would say that we're lucky we still have a player base at all.

Well said - I was surprised to see the support was still there. Great job to the AAO25 Assist team for keeping it alive - it's hard to grow the community though with the younger generations only interested in instant respawns, rocket packs, and running up walls...

I am glad to be a part of this community now, and hope it holds on a while longer...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager