Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Remembering D-Day  (Read 6395 times)

Offline Alex

Remembering D-Day
« on: Friday, June 06, 2014, 16:31:19 PM »
70 years ago today, on June 6th, 1944, the Allied forces started the invasion of Normandy, France to start the liberation of Europe from Nazi control. I'm not going to make this post long and full of historical facts and occurrences, I would just like everyone to remember the sacrifices the Allies made to help free Europe from Nazi control and remember the thousands of lives that were lost, civilian and military, during the invasion and war. Regardless of  the political affiliation or national hostilities of today, let's not forget the cost of the freedoms most of us enjoy today.
That is all.

Offline Ganja

Re: Remembering D-Day
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 06, 2014, 17:56:27 PM »
Just watched a full documetary on D-Day.

I doubt 100% is true, but still some people (everyone ofcourse, but some more than others) have acted like heroes. Respect

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 06, 2014, 18:13:05 PM »
You're welcome Europe.

Also, I was watching some stuff on Hitler and he had some good ideas IMO, just poorly executed (no pun intended).
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 07, 2014, 17:31:08 PM »
You're welcome Europe.

Also, I was watching some stuff on Hitler and he had some good ideas IMO, just poorly executed (no pun intended).
lmfao! say what?

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 08, 2014, 03:15:31 AM »
lmfao! say what?

Executing himself was a great idea he should have done it sooner.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 08, 2014, 13:54:00 PM »
If anyone is interested The History Channel ran a really good documentary on D-Day titled "D-Day in HD". It had WWII vets talking about what they did. It was amazing and pretty sad at times.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 08, 2014, 13:55:32 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:35:47 PM »
You're welcome Europe.

Took you long enough. Sitting back making money for the first year. Selling to the Germans. Nice picture of Henry Ford in Hitlers office.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 19:00:35 PM »
Took you long enough. Sitting back making money for the first year. Selling to the Germans. Nice picture of Henry Ford in Hitlers office.
Probably would have a different attitude if you were one of the people that had to hide in bomb shelters while Germany bombed the shit out of England. Or if you were one of those British soldier who had to run into a slaughter on the beaches of Normandy. I bet it's real easy to post shit like that when you didn't have to experience it. Show some fucking respect to the people that made your free lifestyle possible. Those people had a complete lack of the security that your dumbass now takes for granted when posting garbage like that.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 23:07:07 PM »
Smoking  Snakes ftw.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
lmfao! say what?

Seriously, Hitler wanted a healthier Germany. Pure and good bloodlines, culling of the things that make us weak. That's an awesome idea. It's just a shame that we still know very little about genetics (cancer & disease markers) and back then, they knew pretty much nothing. His problem was thinking that Jews beliefs, attitudes and behavior were genetic. If only he realized only the nose was genetic. Like I said, good idea, extremely poor execution.

We, in the United States, actually did it first though. Over 20 states passed laws to sterilize people for bad genetics, basically the first step toward's Hitler's direction. He probably looked at us and thought "that's a damn good idea".

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 15:41:36 PM »
Seriously, Hitler wanted a healthier Germany. Pure and good bloodlines, culling of the things that make us weak. That's an awesome idea. It's just a shame that we still know very little about genetics (cancer & disease markers) and back then, they knew pretty much nothing. His problem was thinking that Jews beliefs, attitudes and behavior were genetic. If only he realized only the nose was genetic. Like I said, good idea, extremely poor execution.

We, in the United States, actually did it first though. Over 20 states passed laws to sterilize people for bad genetics, basically the first step toward's Hitler's direction. He probably looked at us and thought "that's a damn good idea".

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 02:23:51 AM »
I'm serious Koden. I'm not saying Hitler was good or that the holocaust was a blessing. I'm just saying that the core, basic, distilled idea that he started with was a good idea ahead of it's time. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have less genetic susceptibility to cancer and diseases as a whole population? Healthier and cleaner gene pool. We don't quite have the technology yet (yea, there's 23andme but... eh) but it would be good to allow couples to genetically screen their partners and to see markers that they might pass on to their offspring.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »
I'm serious Koden. I'm not saying Hitler was good or that the holocaust was a blessing. I'm just saying that the core, basic, distilled idea that he started with was a good idea ahead of it's time. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have less genetic susceptibility to cancer and diseases as a whole population? Healthier and cleaner gene pool. We don't quite have the technology yet (yea, there's 23andme but... eh) but it would be good to allow couples to genetically screen their partners and to see markers that they might pass on to their offspring.

A "healthier" person is not necessarily a better person. Aside of the definition of the normal or "acceptable" level for quality DNA, a person is more than the sum of its genetics (e.g. Stephen Hawking). 

P.s. this reminds me of Gattaca btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gattaca
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 13:33:15 PM by Koden »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »
Spanky you would have been eliminated pretty fucking fast, you show no signs of being a superior race of a human beeing after reading your sad try to glorify the theory of fucking extinction.

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 14:44:36 PM »
yeh my grandad would be rolling in his grave at this.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager