Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Free steam keys  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Free steam keys
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 02:24:54 AM »
Also, BF2 was one of the best games because it was ahead of it's time and moddable. Sure, EA/Dice can pump out great graphics but they've forgotten about the modding community. Frostbite should allow games to use engine upgrades and allow 3rd party content creation. Of course there's a balance for releasing too many tools but hackers get in one way or another.

They would do so much better to create a series of games (classic (2/3/4), hardline, vintage (vietnam/1942/1943), bad company) and constantly upgrade them then offer a subscription-based marketing strategy. Don't redesign the wheel with BF4, turn BF3 into BF4. Add new features and maps into a game people love. Upgrade the engine and allow 3rd party content kind of like ARMA but better.

I sure as shit won't pay $60-80 for a new game but I'd be pretty content paying $20/year for a subscription. EA would make more money as more people would try the game at $20 rather than $80. They would also make more by keeping games up to date and letting players play the same game for 5+ years.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 14:28:29 PM »

I sure as shit won't pay $60-80 for a new game 

that's why i stopped playing bf3,

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 18:38:54 PM »
Also, BF2 was one of the best games because it was ahead of it's time and moddable. Sure, EA/Dice can pump out great graphics but they've forgotten about the modding community. Frostbite should allow games to use engine upgrades and allow 3rd party content creation. Of course there's a balance for releasing too many tools but hackers get in one way or another.

They would do so much better to create a series of games (classic (2/3/4), hardline, vintage (vietnam/1942/1943), bad company) and constantly upgrade them then offer a subscription-based marketing strategy. Don't redesign the wheel with BF4, turn BF3 into BF4. Add new features and maps into a game people love. Upgrade the engine and allow 3rd party content kind of like ARMA but better.

I sure as shit won't pay $60-80 for a new game but I'd be pretty content paying $20/year for a subscription. EA would make more money as more people would try the game at $20 rather than $80. They would also make more by keeping games up to date and letting players play the same game for 5+ years.

Why would you pay a subscription for a product like a game from a company like Electronic Arts? They could (and surely) would use the money for nearly everything except developing games in a proper manner. Besides, by now many games are getting sold as "early access" at lower prices.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 23:07:41 PM »
I would pay for a subscription for a quality product if they spent as much time re-thinking their marketing strategy as they do re-building everything in each release of Battlefield.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 02, 2014, 06:09:58 AM »
I would pay for a subscription for a quality product if they spent as much time re-thinking their marketing strategy as they do re-building everything in each release of Battlefield.

I think Valve (maybe even Blizzard) and Tripwire with Killing Floor got a similar idea working, updating the game with new content and trying to improve the game itself within time instead of releasing a new game every year. And for that matter (quality) DLC work quite well. As you said, you can't really re-invent the wheel every time while pretending to get the game perfect.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 02, 2014, 06:12:23 AM by Koden »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 22:05:01 PM »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 05, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/04/sniper-elite-v2-is-free-on-steam-for-the-next-24-hours/
grab Sniper Elite V2  for free in the next 24hrs

"Perforating the internal organs of an opposing soldier has never been so cheap." xD

This game has some impressive slow-mo bullet action.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 05, 2014, 12:47:01 PM by Koden »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 05, 2014, 20:03:14 PM »
"Perforating the internal organs of an opposing soldier has never been so cheap." xD

This game has some impressive slow-mo bullet action.
Deer Hunter 2005 and Marine Sharpshoot 4 have kill/bullet cam as well, but not xray :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager