Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The US is shit.  (Read 38191 times)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
The US is shit.
« on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »
No implications necessary, the US is shit.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 13:50:53 PM by Spanky »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Alex

Re: Re: What do you do for a living?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 03:44:51 AM »
No implications necessary, the US is shit.
Of course. One of the highest standard of livings in the world = complete shit. Sound logic there. Either you're completely spoiled by living in such a nice country, or you're a complete moron.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 03:47:45 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 06:07:30 AM »
Of course. One of the highest standard of livings in the world = complete shit. Sound logic there. Either you're completely spoiled by living in such a nice country, or you're a complete moron.

Yes we have a high standard of living but things in this country are getting worse and worse. Our government is getting so bad its sickening. Our economy is in a free fall as usual. Most other countries in the world laugh at us because:
1.We have more people imprisoned than any other country in the world.

2.We have the worst obesity problem in the world.

3.Our education system is absolutely horrible.

That all being said would i want to live anywhere else? No I wouldnt. Things DO need to change in this country though and they need to change soon.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:03:02 PM »
Yes we have a high standard of living but things in this country are getting worse and worse. Our government is getting so bad its sickening. Our economy is in a free fall as usual. Most other countries in the world laugh at us because:
1.We have more people imprisoned than any other country in the world.

2.We have the worst obesity problem in the world.

3.Our education system is absolutely horrible.

That all being said would i want to live anywhere else? No I wouldnt. Things DO need to change in this country though and they need to change soon.

1. Valid point
2. No, our obesity rate is right on par with the UK
3. No, it's actually very good compared to most other countries.

Our economy isn't in a free fall, it's been getting stronger ever since the recession. It's not that great, but it's a hell of a lot better than what most of Europe is going through right now. I really don't understand how any sane person can call the U.S., one of the wealthiest developed countries, shit. Especially compared to all the 3rd world countries there are. It's ridiculous and basically comes down to Americans bitching because they always need to find something to bitch about.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: The US is shit.
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:11:52 PM »
I split this thread for a juicy conversation. I think the US is going in the shitter for many reasons, just a few:

1. Environmental Damage (pollution from oil and everything derived from oil)
2. Declining Health (from farming and food processing practices)
3. Finances (the Federal Reserve and constant decline of the $)
4. Education (less and less people care about basic education, even English)

Of course, a lot of these problems are world-wide so I can't blame the US for that. I would only move if things in the US got real bad, bad enough to drastically affect my way of life. Right now the economy and education stuff doesn't really affect me. I don't have much money and I've not been to college but those things don't really degrade my happiness and quality of life. Anyway, I have no hope for humanity, I just live the way I think is best for me and my surroundings, that's really all anybody can do.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:21:34 PM »
I split this thread for a juicy conversation. I think the US is going in the shitter for many reasons, just a few:

1. Environmental Damage (pollution from oil and everything derived from oil)
2. Declining Health (from farming and food processing practices)
3. Finances (the Federal Reserve and constant decline of the $)
4. Education (less and less people care about basic education, even English)

Of course, a lot of these problems are world-wide so I can't blame the US for that. I would only move if things in the US got real bad, bad enough to drastically affect my way of life. Right now the economy and education stuff doesn't really affect me. I don't have much money and I've not been to college but those things don't really degrade my happiness and quality of life. Anyway, I have no hope for humanity, I just live the way I think is best for me and my surroundings, that's really all anybody can do.

This thread isn't about the U.S. declining though, it's about how Archi said that it is shit, which is clearly not the case. I also wouldn't say less education is a problem. More and more people are going to college. You can't compare today wit the past because peopel didn't need an education to get decent paying jobs, but now you do. The real problem is the student loan situation that will eventually burst. Environmental damage is a problem, but the U.S. is one of the smallest polluters among developed countries when you put its size into consideration. We have some of the strictest environmental safety laws, the problems is international.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:32:34 PM »
No no no, we have the EPA and FDA allowing toxic substances to be used. We're one of the slowest countries to respond to environmental damage because there's so much bureaucratic crap to go through and so many big companies funding things in the opposite direction. Countries like France get things done because the government isn't as corrupt and the people have the power.

As for education, I live next to 2 college towns yet in all the correspondence I do with people via e-mails and Craigslist, there's appalling examples of a lack of basic English. I know you'll say "well that's on the internet, that doesn't count" but it's the attitude. If they're that lazy with a couple of keystrokes, how the hell do they manage through life every day? That's just my local 100% proof, no speculation example. I believe that nation-wide there's a growing number of kids that don't give a shit.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:33:48 PM »
How can you even pretend of having the worst government if you haven't had him:

I think a wide share of your issues are common for many other European nations too. If you name automotive industry, several car makers have suffered or even gone bankruptcy (Rover and Saab). Those were not third world brands but well established brands that just weren't able to be profitable anymore (as it would have been for Chrysler if Fiat weren't buying it - don't even think people here is happy about that, they mostly see as a chance for Fiat to move production to other countries).
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:39:25 PM by Koden »

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:36:25 PM »
No no no, we have the EPA and FDA allowing toxic substances to be used. We're one of the slowest countries to respond to environmental damage because there's so much bureaucratic crap to go through and so many big companies funding things in the opposite direction. Countries like France get things done because the government isn't as corrupt and the people have the power.

True, but France is also surrounded in debt worse than the U.S. and has a enormous unemployment rate. I wouldn't use their government as an example of a good government.

As for education, I live next to 2 college towns yet in all the correspondence I do with people via e-mails and Craigslist, there's appalling examples of a lack of basic English. I know you'll say "well that's on the internet, that doesn't count" but it's the attitude. If they're that lazy with a couple of keystrokes, how the hell do they manage through life every day? That's just my local 100% proof, no speculation example. I believe that nation-wide there's a growing number of kids that don't give a shit.
Just because you live next to college towns doesn't mean most of the people you talk to attend or attended college though.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:41:11 PM »
Just because you live next to college towns doesn't mean most of the people you talk to attend or attended college though.

The majority of people I talk with over e-mail aren't attending college BUT most of the people that post on Craigslist do because they're either wanting stuff because they just moved to the area or they are moving and want to sell their stuff. It just expands on how careless the generation is, even when there's fucking spell check in all modern web browsers!

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 14:57:39 PM »
http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-quality-of-life-map.html

wanting to move to a place without the problems america has is bad killa? interesting theory you have there.

South Korea in 10???? wtf.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 15:29:09 PM »
Mans nailed it. USDA, FDA, EPA, they're all funded by large corporations that persuade them to do the wrong thing with money. Corn is horrible, I think it's the USDA or another branch of the federal government that pay farmers to grow it. If the farmers didn't get that payment, they would lose money because corn is so difficult to grow with watering, pesticides and herbicides. There was a documentary a while back where these guys went out and grew an acre of corn, the same methods that the other farmers use, they lost money on it because they didn't qualify for that payment. You might make a little bit if you scale things up and rape the land but without that USDA or government bonus, it wouldn't be worthwhile for those farmers. Corn isn't natural for cows to eat yet that's mostly what they eat in the US, they can't digest it so there's problems with their internal system, then we're fed the nutrient-deprived, hormone injected cows who ate the pesticide and herbicide drowned corn crop. Funny thing is, this is just one example, there's many other crops and poisons out there.

Take the honey bee colony collapse disorder. In other countries they saw hints of a systemic pesticide causing the bees nervous system to be dysfunctional. Same thing that's happening in the US except those countries, the government listened to the people and they banned the pesticide until it was proven to be safe. In the US though, it's the opposite. Use it until it's proven to be harmful. The EPA doesn't do the tests, the chemical manufacturer does and even then, they don't do thorough tests, they just see if it's harmful within a day or two of exposure. There's no research done on built up levels upon generation of generation of bee or what it does to infant bees. Same thing for people. Various pesticides and herbicides have come along since the 1920's or so, that's what, 3-4 human generations have passed? Is it really any wonder why there's increasing numbers of various brain and neurological dysfunction in kids? Things like Autism, ADD and other developmental retardation. These pesticides and herbicides are really closely related and some are even derived from wartime chemicals like Agent Orange. Things like DDT which were sprayed on the city streets and playgrounds until bird populations disappeared and people became infertile.

Is it any wonder?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 15:34:19 PM »
South korea is an awesome country, probably where I would work if I wasnt here in australia.

America would be 10x healthier if the corn industry wasnt so fucked up over there. Corn fed cows? fuck off, cows eat grass. HFCS? natural cane sugar is the largest crop in the world, use it. I see America having a huge problem with industries that are far too big to fall.
here in brazil we use Cane to produce Sugar & Alchol, cane is alot better to produce alchol than Corn.

"Agent Orange, a fire that doesn't burn" it's a song, ignore
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 15:40:28 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 15:38:13 PM »
Isn't Brazil one of those countries that makes 90% of it's own fuel and has hardly any imports for oil?

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 16:15:23 PM »
been living in one of the worst citys in the nation my entire life, made enough to moveout and havent. whne shit is so bad and people dont have enough to survive the last place people will come is the ghetto because the ghettos will be going to burbs.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager