Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Japan's Nuclear Reactors  (Read 776 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Japan's Nuclear Reactors
« on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 21:03:36 PM »
Seeing that they just had explosion #3 and none of us REALLY knows what's going on, I've ordered some Potassium Iodide. Since I'm out on the west coast, if the jet stream gets just right, who knows what could happen. It's doubtful that high doses of radiation could make its way over here but it's good to be prepared. $15 and I've got 960 doses. For those interested:
http://www.amazon.com/World-Organic-Liquid-Potassium-Iodide/dp/B000ORSGK0

Get it while you can, if you're concerned. It's sold out in a lot of other places.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

Re: Japan's Nuclear Reactors
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 21:11:09 PM »
While it could be a sticky situation for Japan, I doubt we will get anything over here in the U.S. unless they have a full meltdown. Also, I would just like to point out that those explosions were caused by them using emergency cooling methods. They pumped salt water into the reactors to try and cool them down. It's better to have a few explosions than a meltdown. So far they said the inner casings of the reactors are still intact. I am praying for this situation to defuse soon and not result in a full meltdown. At any rate, a second Chernobyl type situation is impossible but the situation remains very dangerous.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 22:04:32 PM »
Nothing will happen. They will be doing well soon.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 22:38:48 PM »
I agree that it's highly unlikely but who knows if we're being told the whole truth. Yea, it's great that the explosions were minor and caused by venting & cooling. They're still talking about a meltdown situation and they're saying that the rods are likely melting right now. I'm not a scientist but to me, it seems plausible for radiated particles to be shot up into the upper atmosphere (like Chernobyl) and then traveling over the ocean in the jet stream, maybe they form water droplets and fall as rain for us here on the west coast. Again, I realize it's far out there and IF anything makes it here, it probably won't be much. Still, $15 is cheap to afford a first line of defense.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager