Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: iPhone/Smartphones  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: iPhone/Smartphones
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Smartphones also come with a big fucking price and seem to get outdated very quickly. My phone cost me $15 and I have no monthly contract and pay when I want, usually $25 every 2-3 months. I looked into it and for the same service, it's $40 a month with a contract. Stack data costs on top of that and a locked 2-year contract for a smartphone and you're just bending over for the system. Meanwhile, my laptop costs pennies to run, has GPS and I get free WiFi at various spots in town. Not to mention a huge screen and full-size keyboard.

To each their own.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:07:37 PM »
Smartphones also come with a big fucking price and seem to get outdated very quickly. My phone cost me $15 and I have no monthly contract and pay when I want, usually $25 every 2-3 months. I looked into it and for the same service, it's $40 a month with a contract.

To each their own.

So true. My first mobile phone was a Siemens A50. Lovely ergonomics, it was much more hand-fitting than most modern smartphones. Though and nicely built aswell. My 2009 crappy nokia 62xx series instead it's quite buggy and it's just not decently built at all.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:37:08 PM »
Make sure your smartphone's camera has a flash. It sucks when you're trying to pack your bong in the woods cuz you live in the dorms and you can't just turn on your flash for lighting.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:40:02 PM »
Make sure your smartphone's camera has a flash. It sucks when you're trying to pack your bong in the woods cuz you live in the dorms and you can't just turn on your flash for lighting.

*facepalm*

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:42:28 PM »
if you are breaking phones you are doing it wrong. Most plans also have insurance for $5 a month.  A smart phone is just another form of convenience.
nah, i use a 40$ phone.... has fallen out of my pocket at work on the concrete floor more times than i can count... now if i dropped one of those 500 phones once or twice, i would be lucky if the only thing fucked up was the calibration.

my flip phone has flashlight, pretty badass in situations like that.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:52:11 PM »

Yeah, uhm, lmao. I just love that expression. Gotta learn a new slang every time i come back and read this forum xD

Jared

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 16:46:57 PM »
Smart phone pricing is tricky. I have mine for 50 a month for 700minutes and 4gigs data and unlimited text and I got the phone for 100, the phone people are like car salesmen you can talk with them and work deals. If you own your own business try adding it as a line and so on. Theses monkeys work off of commission so put it to them

Offline .[Ak4].Chubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 17:21:00 PM »
Im not worried bout braking an smartphone, simple fact ill just go get another one. Problem is I dunno what to get. Im leaning on iphone 4 or 5 whatever the hell the newest one is this weekend.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 18:59:47 PM »
Smart phone pricing is tricky. I have mine for 50 a month for 700minutes and 4gigs data and unlimited text and I got the phone for 100, the phone people are like car salesmen you can talk with them and work deals. If you own your own business try adding it as a line and so on. Theses monkeys work off of commission so put it to them

Good thing I know more about phones than cars. I can lie to them and they'll believe me.

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 07:15:17 AM »
I have been thinking about getting one of those "cheap" choises like Nokia Lumia 710 or Samsung Omnia W (or some Android phone), but I don't like the low battery life pretty much all smartphones have. That's pretty much the only reason with the price of course, why I haven't got one yet.

Checking my emails and browsing some sites occationally would be nice, but I guess it's not really necessary until I keep getting work projects regularly (which hopefully happens some day...).

- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 13:26:18 PM »
u dont need an expensive phone for the internet/emails even ur $50 nokia will do that.
That's true, but those really cheap phones don't have wlan, which sucks. I rather use my old phone until I can buy something little better than buy another crappy phone with weak performance and extensibility. My current Nokia (3110 classic) has served me about 3-4 years now and I guess it will be just enough for a year or two more.

How often do you people buy a new phone? I got my third phone going in 13 years so I can't say I follow the trends that much. I think this whole smartphone business has changed a bit the customer habbits. People buy a new phone more often to get some new applications and games running.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline .[Ak4].Chubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 22:15:17 PM »
I own my phone, and now that I can use paypal to recharge the credit its great, just dail in #100# for telstra little menu that says how much credit I got
press 1 to go to the recharge option
press 4 for paypal
how much
top secret uber leet password that is not majors
and voila
dont even need to take the hand off my penis

Don't ya mean Press 1 for English? Press 2 for Spanish??? Oh wait thats America.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
So true, so true. I see a lot of that doing computer work in the rural country... it's funny sometimes.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 17:10:06 PM »
When Karl went to Uganda and everyone had iPhones...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager