Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Guily's Windows Theme  (Read 5780 times)

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
Guily's Windows Theme
« on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
Well thank god mine doesn't crash on Wind7 :)

About windows... It kinda degrades it self, like the file system on linux doesn't let files to get fragmented, while for example in windows performance will always degrade.

ps: But I wouldn't exchange windows 4 linux anytime. I can't have any system other than windows in my computer. I don't like much any theme from any linux distribution, not even the ones that look near windows. But worst is really the macs, yack I hate that system, looks more like a mobile phone than a professional PC, Kinda what the crap windows8 looks like. My fav is still windows XP with official M$ "zune theme".
Keep Cool

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Guily's Windows Theme
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:05:49 PM »

ps: But I wouldn't exchange windows 4 linux anytime. I can't have any system other than windows in my computer. I don't like much any theme from any linux distribution, not even the ones that look near windows. But worst is really the macs, yack I hate that system, looks more like a mobile phone than a professional PC, Kinda what the crap windows8 looks like. My fav is still windows XP with official M$ "zune theme".
Keep Cool

Lol. I used Solaris powered workstations, Windows and Mac powered personal computers, a few Linux distro on mine, i need to stay on Windows because of many graphic sofware tools i use. You really seems a Microsoft boy anyway, that "M$ zune theme" made me lol :D

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:24:05 PM »
Well if the zune theme makes u to LOL

Then watch how beauty it is:

And my usb pen drive:

This is the zune theme official microsoft theme (doesn't lag the system). Also it's hacked, cause the original is gray and orange, but I can change the colors. Blue, red, orange, green...

And the guily666 bar are manually added to the registry, just a .bmp, it's not made with any program, so you won't see performance decreasing, and also I have lot's of tweaks, and have everything cleaned (not in the picture), but I always have no icons or folders in desktop, and also my start menu is the cleanest ever :D.
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:26:51 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:28:21 PM »
O.O holy cheese. Speechless.

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:34:29 PM »
I have the Gray/Orange zune theme and it's cooool and the wallpaper what comes with it its cool too :D

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:39:38 PM »
I have the Gray/Orange zune theme and it's cooool and the wallpaper what comes with it its cool too :D
Yeah I like it too, but I prefer the one I'm using in my current laptop (The other pics were from my very old laptop which Is under the bed :P).

This is how I have my current laptop:

But I always loose a lot of time to organize everything, every time I have to format windows.

The start menu is pretty divided. The desktop is still not clean, and full of AA server files and mods :(.

ps: And screw Wind7 it sucks bad. I have to have wind7 in my desktop because of the newer software features, but I hate it, you can't even organize things the way you want, you can't organize that crap start menu, GOSH I REALLY HATE IT. And Wind8 looks even worst, maybe M$ wanna bring android to computers or something...
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:41:51 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 14:46:00 PM »
Yeah I like it too, but I prefer the one I'm using in my current laptop (The other pics were from my very old laptop which Is under the bed :P).

This is how I have my current laptop:

But I always loose a lot of time to organize everything, every time I have to format windows.

The start menu is pretty divided. The desktop is still not clean, and full of AA server files and mods :(.

ps: And screw Wind7 it sucks bad. I have to have wind7 in my desktop because of the newer software features, but I hate it, you can't even organize things the way you want, you can't organize that crap start menu, GOSH I REALLY HATE IT. And Wind8 looks even worst, maybe M$ wanna bring android to computers or something...
Keep Cool

Yeah 64 bits are useless anyway.

/little hint of sarcasm

Keep Going

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:07:10 PM »
Well if the zune theme makes u to LOL

Then watch how beauty it is:

Anyone with a knife please? I wanna cut my wrists :P
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:11:19 PM »
I facepalm so much at your screenshots guily. They just scream "noob". The theme would be alright if you didn't plaster those hideous red graphics over Explorer. Your programs too... Winamp, AVG, Windows Media Player, Nero, MSN, WinRAR... Jeez. I don't want to put you down but I remember when I was a noob like that. The novelty of it all wears off and you learn there's better things out there.

I'm not an example of perfect UI design but this is one of the older setups I had going that I really enjoyed (click for larger image):

*EDIT*
I split and moved this thread.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:13:10 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:15:56 PM »
WTF is this LOL jeez...

I didn't created this thread, just to let you all know. Someone opened it :). SPANKY YOU >:(... :).

Haha spanky u got it all wrong, I don't even use MSN...

I also have steam and Hacked steam, but hate steam...

I use Xfire, Ashampoo win optimizer, Registry mechanic, Winamp (was the best for web radio with thousands of electro radios, and you can make the desktop to show the the visual effects, nowadays it's a crap). I use dreamwever, photoshop, Gimp, Xlink kai, Hamachi, Sandboxie, Img burn, clone CD, Nero.... I have tons of advanced apps!

ps: And I also use GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Riva tuner for OC in the laptop, process explorer, hwmonitor, realtemp, gpu caps viewer and rmclock, all in the laptop to check temperatures and oc and other special controls... So what do you have to say now haha.
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:23:46 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:19:24 PM »
*EDIT*
I split and moved this thread.

You're so clever Guily.

Jared

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:19:37 PM »
lol i want xp back :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:23:17 PM »
I will admit that Windows 8 seems like a step in the wrong direction. It's not at all intuitive and there's drastic changes that affect functionality. I hope they improve it from the consumer preview, otherwise it looks like I'll stick with 7 for a while.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:30:12 PM »
You're so clever Guily.
Read up now, I was editing haha.

And since u made this troll thread this is my Wind7 desktop ;D:

Again the desktop is still full of "temporary" files, because I always maintain everything cleaned, though wind7 sucks, I cant organize the way I want >:(.

On my older desktops I had, I always had a custom made them all black and red in windxp, and also I used to make my own wallpapers also in black and red, kinda psycho, the best one was one from ATI with some crazy Robots which I edited and made it look psycho... Don't have time for that anymore, but my xp theme looks way better than wid7 and very simple (I like things simple and stylish). Also long time ago I used to make every game in games folder with it's icon, but don't do that anymore...

ps: You made me laugh with this thread :D Oh and Now you see that I'm not the kind of noob you though i was , and my pc kicks ur's hehe!
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:43:05 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:42:19 PM »
So what do you have to say now haha.
I say you have a lot of duplicate applications to do the same thing. There's elegance in simplicity.

It's funny that you say you don't use MSN because it's running in the first few screenshots. Clone CD and Nero are also un-necessary especially since you have IMG Burn. CCleaner is a small, simple and free program to clean junk files, registry and startup items (which you can use msconfig for but CCleaner is easier IMO).

If you have a better computer than me, you should use Windows 7. XP is really only for older computers that can't run 7. Tasks are easier to accomplish in 7 if you know what you're doing.

I didn't make this troll thread, you derailed the other topic so I split it.

*EDIT*
Looks like your screenshot finally showed up. Congrats on having a Windows 7 install.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2012, 15:44:50 PM by Spanky »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager