Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Global Warming - What's your opinion?  (Read 12207 times)

-Delta-

Re: Global Warming - What's your opinion?
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 05, 2010, 00:18:05 AM »
Dan, I think you're taking it too personal.

I won't try to stop you, though.

If it's happening, it's because God wants it to happen.

Better not stick my nose on God's business.

Dann, since this is kinda a personal thing for me, I don't see how I could take it any less seriously. You're right about one thing though, this is happening because God wants it to. And I'm not saying we shouldn't do things to protect ourselves. Bad things still happen, we might end up hurting ourselves with all the oil we're burning. Who knows, it might be Gods plan that we bring the full extent of the effects of global warming upon ourselves. I can't possibly know what's going to happen though. I just wish there was a better way to save this planet, other than the whole "stop using oil right now" argument. We need to find a better source of energy, I can clearly see that. Oil isn't unlimited, and we will run out one day. And if we have nothing to use by that time, then I can see a real problem.

But I'm not convinced that there is a global warming problem. There are people saying there is, mainly the main stream media. But there are also people that say there isn't. Now, who you put your trust in is up to you. Right now, though, it's like 0 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and that's pretty cold. If there is global warming, we sure could use it here.  :)

I'm not even going to bother with this.

Delta, maybe you know how I felt when I said:

This is pointless.

Well, yeah I guess, but his reply was complete sarcasm.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 06:12:47 AM »
im not sure where i stand on global warming, i havent done enough research really.

What else can we use to power our cars besides oil, electricity? If we use electricity it has to be made by some coal or nuclear plant somewhere that causes just as much damage as driving a car using oil. Don't get me wrong, I think we need an alternative to oil, I just don't think we should be affected in the process of getting that alternative.

this however, i have researched and the solutions been here for thousands of years, only 1 problem, its illegal... hemp.

http://www.hempowered.com/hemp-fuel.html

http://www.hemphasis.net/Fuel-Energy/fuel.htm

http://www.globalhemp.com/2005/09/hemp-seen-as-fuel-substitute.html

(you can call me a dirty hippy all you want, but truth be told, hemp isnt marijuana. Hemp has all kinds of benefits, such as fuel, energy and no more wasting trees for paper.  and it regenerates)
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 13:53:50 PM »
(you can call me a dirty hippy all you want, but truth be told, hemp isnt marijuana. Hemp has all kinds of benefits, such as fuel, energy and no more wasting trees for paper.  and it regenerates)

DIRTY HIPPY! :D

This is fine but it has the same problems as ethanol IMO. You have to grow it which would cause huge areas of farming land to be dedicated to hemp so there would be less food crop space available. Then you're talking about added pesticides and herbicides which are derived from petroleum anyway. Not to mention there's the disputed claim that ethanol production burns more fossil fuel to create than it offsets. I don't know if this is fact or not but it's something to think about.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 15:00:02 PM »
I see where your coming from spanky, but I had one question, would it really take up more space than all the land we frac to place oil rigs on? not to mention the roads that the rigs have to build to get to these sites. And one major benefit that I thought, is being hemp is just a plant, you wouldnt need 'hemp rights' or anything... any 1 person could start growing and producing it for financial gain.. Unlike the oil business where you need permissions to set up a site....

but yeah, im not entirely sure how much land of hemp it would take, to produce equal to what we are in oil.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 15:06:56 PM »
I see where your coming from spanky, but I had one question, would it really take up more space than all the land we frac to place oil rigs on? not to mention the roads that the rigs have to build to get to these sites.
Aren't a lot of those roads up north in Alaska and Canada? i.e. land that couldn't be farmed anyway?

but yeah, im not entirely sure how much land of hemp it would take, to produce equal to what we are in oil.
Approximately: a fuck ton. :D
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 19:16:29 PM »
Aren't a lot of those roads up north in Alaska and Canada? i.e. land that couldn't be farmed anyway?

Lol, the oil rigs are spread out throughout the USA, I do know that montana and north dakota there is a huge oil boom happening there.... but the downfall is, rent and housing is increased. they are renting trailers for 3 grand a month...cuz they can...food, gas everything went up... which is fine if your part of the oil boom...but if your not, heh, well might wanna get a tent or somethin.

a little research, i found this: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-04-08/markets/30003319_1_rigs-drilling-basins

kinda shows where the rigs are and such...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager