Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Global Warming - What's your opinion?  (Read 12194 times)

-Delta-

Re: Global Warming - What's your opinion?
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »
Fine, Spanky, if you want to take offence to something I said. But I don't know what I said that warranted that "Pointless" remark. Unless that was directed more at something Dann or BlueBlaster said, of course. Oh and talking about an issue in society isn't pointless, either.

Jonnym

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 07:05:06 AM »
This problem is unsolvable due to excessive world population. About 7 Billion now. With cannot support this population with sustanable or green methods. This world can only really support 1.5 Billion people in a sustainable fashion.

Moreso the earth population continues to rise at an explosive rate with nobody even thinking about tackling the issue. Mark my worlds, the popultion problem will bring the downfall and governments and collapse of human civlization as we know it, and it will happen in our lifetimes, Out generation are going to see some very dramatic changes.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 07:08:37 AM by Jonnym »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 15:29:24 PM »
This problem is unsolvable due to excessive world population. About 7 Billion now. With cannot support this population with sustanable or green methods. This world can only really support 1.5 Billion people in a sustainable fashion.

Moreso the earth population continues to rise at an explosive rate with nobody even thinking about tackling the issue. Mark my worlds, the popultion problem will bring the downfall and governments and collapse of human civlization as we know it, and it will happen in our lifetimes, Out generation are going to see some very dramatic changes.

Very good point and one I happen to agree with. Those Americans that want oodles of kids should be taken out back and shot... or perhaps a one-child-per-couple kinda thing. Didn't China or Japan do this?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 16:03:11 PM »
China does, in a very inhumane way.

They recite death on a unborn child; if one's coming as the second.

Only the first -and exclusively unique- will live to live.

As inhuman as this might be, they did install control over it.

Conclusion: It works. Human society under rules work.

Also one of the reasons Dictatorship always works.

Whereas Anarchy, against all odds; -due to being supportive of freedom in itself (debatable) -does not.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 16:50:57 PM »
I honestly would say that that is just as inhumane as raising a child in a world with inadequate resources for it to live. It was the parent's choice to get preggers in the first place after already having one.

Living by rules created by the majority is better as a whole than everybody living by their own rules.

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:06:29 PM »
I honestly would say that that is just as inhumane as raising a child in a world with inadequate resources for it to live. It was the parent's choice to get preggers in the first place after already having one.

Living by rules created by the majority is better as a whole than everybody living by their own rules.

but you know that would never pass in modern democratic society. Especially in America where they can't even decide on health care reform without fucking everything up. For dictatorships it would be easy but for democracies and any other kind of government run by the people, it would be a nightmare trying to pass that.
If there was population control, which there should be, I think 2 kids should be the limit. There is no point to have anymore than that.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:15:29 PM »
If there was population control, which there should be, I think 2 kids should be the limit. There is no point to have anymore than that.

Amen to your whole argument however I wanted to comment on the 2 kid limit. Eventually if everybody chose to have 2 kids, the population would still increase. You would have 4 grandkids from the original 2 parents. 1 kid limit would cut the population down over a few generations and have the population become more diverse if I'm thinking about genetics in the right way.

Offline Alex

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:21:10 PM »

Amen to your whole argument however I wanted to comment on the 2 kid limit. Eventually if everybody chose to have 2 kids, the population would still increase. You would have 4 grandkids from the original 2 parents. 1 kid limit would cut the population down over a few generations and have the population become more diverse if I'm thinking about genetics in the right way.

True, but you would also have to account for all of the deaths in the world. car accidents, homicides, diseases, war, and all that stuff that kills human beings. So the death toll might balance out for the extra kid or maybe even exceed the number of kids born. And plus, the limit doesn't mean you have to have 2 kids, parents might only have one. It just means you can't have any more than 2.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 19:28:00 PM »
Yea, I can see that. It might also cut down on the familys that sneak in an extra kid over the 1-kid (my scenario) limit because they wanted 2.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 20:29:35 PM »
There is almost no point to instigate a regime driven by population control hypothesis when the scenario is already this big and uncontrolled. When we talk about something as relative as human population, we need to look to numbers and statistics so a fundamental judgement can be passed on real evidence. Not only that; we also need to understand wether such a regime would be beneficial to each as an individual, as a country, as a certain civilization or even a whole continent for that matter.

To implement such thing in Europe would most likely provoke a revolution down the road; as it was unnecessary and uncalled for. Why? Because Europe/Europeans already automatically establish a control over it, simply by existing in dangerous places and whatnot. Same goes for America; even with couples having three kids, America --if we don't count on the immigrants-- is still fairly consistent on its population growth/death.

China used to be a massacre. Things are getting better now, but are still completely off the charts in comparison to the rest of the world. A tad less controlled, or none controlled for that matter; are Africa and India -both on the biggest population increase charts- Africa tends to remain amended due to the huge impact of Malaria and the many other diseases that lie within. India is fruited down with terrorism acts and the likes.

But; with the gigantic rate of immigration coming from this countries/continents, things become hardly controllable.

The wankers just love to make sex and have never heard of it provoking pregnancy, somehow.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 20:50:05 PM »
So there's nothing wrong with this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/World-Population-1800-2100.png

There will be no shortage of those who want large families no matter any cost. They need to be stopped.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 22:19:18 PM »
In times like these, we would better off being robots.

Anyone agrees with Ice Age Era IV ?

That would put us, wild beast animals, down.

Offline Alex

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 23:56:06 PM »
yep. human kind is fucked.   :-[

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 00:58:25 AM »
Now if we can only determine WHEN the end is going to be exactly then we can figure out when we can get a couple dozen credit cards and max em out :D

Thor

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 15:17:59 PM »
what i think about global warming is that there is no way to stop it. its nature. and quit whining about it since we are still going to die somehow somewhere. global warming can suck it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager