Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Detroit  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Alex

Detroit
« on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 02:13:28 AM »
Detroit, Michigan

As most of you know, I live about 30 minutes from Detroit. Downtown Detroit is beautiful. There is no trash, nice fountains, and nice people. you can walk around the city and always find great places to go. Downtown Detroit is very nice, but unfortunately that is where nice ends in Detroit.
If you dropped someone off in downtown Detroit who has never been there, they wouldn't know how bad it gets after downtown.

Downtown Detroit

As most of you know, and commonly joke about, Detroit is mostly a big shit hole. But if you have never seen it in person, you don't know how bad it really is. I had to drive through northeast Detroit on my way to Gross Point and it is a very sad sight, even from the highway. It completely ruined my day. I would love to go and take pictures myself, but the only concern I have is the obvious security issue. Unless I have a gun, I'm not walking around Detroit's east side. So I settled for some pictures from google.

It is quite sad seeing all of the abandoned buildings and factories that at one point, looked fine and had a ton of workers in them.

A lot of the areas in Detroit look like they would belong in Pripyat.

My grandpa grew up in Detroit and he always talks about how nice it used to be. It is just sad to think about how far the city fell and how bad it actually is now. Just seeing the buildings is enough for you to feel uncomfortable. I don't know why I posted this, I just felt like I should.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Detroit
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 02:25:03 AM »
I saw a good bit of it on "Rodger & Me" by Michael Moore. I'm sure I didn't see it all and I'm sure it's gotten worse. Definitely sad.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 02:36:15 AM »
OMG

Those pictures of east detroit are hot! There's nothing like that around here in Chicago.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 02:50:55 AM »
Wow, honestly I would kill to go there and take photos, I love the look of that area alot. Its sad yeah but I can't help see the amazing photos that could come out of that.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 03:08:38 AM »
Dont need a gun here :)

VVaFF

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 08:54:50 AM »
I'm very close to Detoilet, infact my woman is instructed not to go past Telegraph without me. 

Those images are not even the half of it, you should see the hoods...thats what happens when you don't care about the city you live in.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 11:29:18 AM »
I'm very close to Detoilet, infact my woman is instructed not to go past Telegraph without me. 

Those images are not even the half of it, you should see the hoods...thats what happens when you don't care about the city you live in.

I have seen them. I've been through just about every part of Detroit. I just pulled those images off of google images because I didn't want to take my own pictures.

what city do you live in?

VVaFF

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
I'm in redford.  Lived here since 1976 or so.  We lived near Ford RD. and Wyoming. Then my Parents moved because of obvious reasons.  I own my parents old house.  Tore it down and now in the process of rebuilding it from the foundation up.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »
I live in Westland. I always takes trips into Detroit for Red Wings and Tiger games. It looks bad even from the highway.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 13:37:13 PM »
One of these days Ill swing by there and take killa and vvaff to dodge bullets and snap pictures.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 15:20:21 PM »
Blue you're in Chicago right? Whereabouts exactly?
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 16:04:48 PM »
I've moved around quite a bit but put Skokie into google maps. It should be northwest of downtown Chicago.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 16:22:03 PM »
Call me weird but I always think of Chicago as a state. It's one of the few that people refer to and it just seems that way. I have to think about it and then realize it's a city in a state =\
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 16:24:52 PM »
Ya the thing with Chicago people is they think there's Chicago and then Illinois. There's a lot of people who get angry if you refer to them being in the state or from Illinois. They will say they're from Chicago. I guess that's the way it is.

I say I'm from Chicago lol. So point proven :D

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 16:28:39 PM »
I know where Skokie is, but I've never been there. Arlington Heights/Buffalo Grove is usually the furthest south I go. I'm more familiar with say, Gurnee, Barrington, or Mundelein.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager