Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: College  (Read 5482 times)

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
Re: College
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 23:27:17 PM »
You need to step back and really understand some thing before making your choice. I love computers, I love working on them I love tweaking them and all that. But once I got into the field of doing it for money I realized there is no way I would want to take beyond just a hobby. Just because you are interested in some thing doesn't mean its what you should do as a career. You should learn more about computers, and do some thing similar to what Nate does. Offer your services on craigslist and see if its really some thing you want to get into. If you still enjoy it after that then yeah get CompTIA certified and a degree. But you should explore it way more before being like. Oh hey I enjoy working on my computer I will do that for the rest of my life. Its a huge decision and shouldn't be made lightly.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 23:36:09 PM »
I go to community college.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 23:58:16 PM »
Good thing you do not need to be an intellectual or intelligent to be just a computer engineer...

Trying to have a go at me?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 00:30:03 AM »
Nope. You aren't just a computer engineer. You're something more.

Killa isn't.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 00:37:33 AM »
You aren't just a computer engineer. You're something more.

You know, if they made a movie about me like I'm a super hero - something like spiderman or ironman - that would be the first line in the movie.

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 07:10:47 AM »
Good thing you do not need to be an intellectual or intelligent to be just a computer engineer...

Thanks for the helpful advice Dann, you always know the right things to say.

Jared

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
One thing i asked myself is when figuring out what i wanted to do in my life was... "If money was as common as air, what would I like to be doing." IMO, i would rather do something I love to do and make some money, than do something I hate for a outstanding paycheck. I started wanting to set up computer networks for companies, and I realized that doing design and programming is what made me happy, it was a daily test of how smart I was, problem solving and just having fun. With this, I found a community of people that where fun, at my office, we play darts, drink beer and whiskey we go outside and play soccer in the middle of the day. It makes a difference if you want to go to work, or if you dread work. Do something for you, not anyone else, not the paycheck, not the parents, but for you.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 13:05:57 PM »
Congratulations on picking a carrer if you put efford into it i know you will do great!

congratulations again!
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 15:23:22 PM »
One thing i asked myself is when figuring out what i wanted to do in my life was... "If money was as common as air, what would I like to be doing." IMO, i would rather do something I love to do and make some money, than do something I hate for a outstanding paycheck. I started wanting to set up computer networks for companies, and I realized that doing design and programming is what made me happy, it was a daily test of how smart I was, problem solving and just having fun. With this, I found a community of people that where fun, at my office, we play darts, drink beer and whiskey we go outside and play soccer in the middle of the day. It makes a difference if you want to go to work, or if you dread work. Do something for you, not anyone else, not the paycheck, not the parents, but for you.

Best post on this thread and possibly in this forum category.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 16:41:16 PM »
I feel really guilty making my parents pay for college tuition when I'm not sure I'll make it through college but I suppose that's what I have to do. Music makes me happy, and I hope to pursue a career with a record label. If not, I'll just be a nuclear physicist or something cuz I'm pretty good at that. Grats on deciding where you're going though, if UW-Madison rejects me I have no backup plan whatsoever and I don't know what I'm going to do.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 16:47:37 PM »
if UW-Madison rejects me I have no backup plan whatsoever and I don't know what I'm going to do.

You can come be my bitch. Offer stands indefinitely.

Offline Alex

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 17:04:19 PM »

Very good advice. I still have quite awhile to think about it, but I am heavily leaning towards my current choice.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 19:11:34 PM »
Damn you blue you totally got that quoted before I could....
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 20:04:43 PM »
The funny thing about me getting that quoted was that I was in Calc class when I did it :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 01, 2010, 20:08:51 PM »
The funny thing about me getting that quoted was that I was in Calc class when I did it :D

Badass. PostQuote > School.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager